Wasn't going to post this

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Posting any signs that signal the presence of any animal does not relieve the owner of the property of any responsibility if someone is injured by indicated animal.
That being said, the owner of the property has the responsibility to insure that any visitors to the property are safe when on the property.
When a package or a request for pickup is ordered the owner of the property has invited a visitor to their property. With today's technology the customer/owner of the property usually knows the particular day that visitor will arrive.
In response to the details of the claim. The driver was led to the location of the incident by the wife. Home owner was negligent in his duties as a property owner to maintain the safety of any visitor to his property. The dog clearly was not friendly toward the UPS man.
Perhaps the driver had never encountered the dog on the property. Perhaps he had always delivered to the front door where the yard was secured by the invisible fence. Usually a dog will become accustomed to regular visitors to the property. If the driver had been the UPS driver for many years, the dog would have been used to him and the driver likewise.

BrownTexas

I've been blocked and comments deleted. I commented this on every post they had...

The only reason this page was made is because the man speaking in the video owns a social media site. http://www.w3bg.com/pages/what-we-do . I'm sure this comment will be deleted shortly. He has business to gain by showing the activity this page is receiving.

Re-Raise

We have a saying in our home that perception is reality.

I just spent 15 minutes reading the posts on that clown's facebook site and am amazed at how differently people can perceive the same situation.

There are some pet owners who will never be able to see their precious little fluffy the way we see them. That driver did nothing but react to protect himself.

The only thing I would have done differently? I would have laid into the stupid owner for letting that little pain in the ass out while I was standing there. And I would have told them they could pick their packages up from now on. I have done it before.

I watched this video several times and the body language I see from the way the dog is running towards the driver it isnt a "pet me" or "greeting" type of approach. That dog is running full speed and making a bee line straight for the driver with,IMO bad intentions.
I wish I could deliver there and their dog could bite me. I'd take the money and go on a nice lite 3day vacation. I would love to take one for the team.

somebodiesgot

This guy is claiming others are trolls when he is the troll. he states "I'll take comments from both sides" yet blocks 90% of comments against him. 24 hours ago, there was more than 4x as many comments as there is now.

raceanoncr

Does your's like to sit by your head on the back of the chair?

Not quite. She will, when you're leaning back in the recliner, jump up and sprawl out verticle with her head on your shoulder or chest or just "cheekin" all night if you let her.

I finally did go back and read most of posts. I agree with almost all comments that owner has to be responsible. We are. We keep her housed or with us at all times and leashed.

We have noticed she hates males until she gets to know you. That is, almost all males that come to the door get "the treatment". We figured she must have been abused at some time, although, as I stated before, we KNEW this breed was protective of their people and environment.

As for this little breed not big enough to cause harm, I do have to DISAGREE, tho. We have big place, lots of yard. She roams free, enabling her to root at her pleasure (another trait this breed has). She brings back anything she can sink her teeth into...rabbits, squirrels, snakes, moles, birds...she's even tried wild turkeys and woodchucks. Her front fang tips are broke off from rooting, even the Vet noticed this and asked us.

Otherwise, like I said, this has been the best rescue pet or ANY pet, for that matter, that we've ever had...BUT I wouldn't trust her encountering another human without us present.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Not quite. She will, when you're leaning back in the recliner, jump up and sprawl out verticle with her head on your shoulder or chest or just "cheekin" all night if you let her.

I finally did go back and read most of posts. I agree with almost all comments that owner has to be responsible. We are. We keep her housed or with us at all times and leashed.

We have noticed she hates males until she gets to know you. That is, almost all males that come to the door get "the treatment". We figured she must have been abused at some time, although, as I stated before, we KNEW this breed was protective of their people and environment.

As for this little breed not big enough to cause harm, I do have to DISAGREE, tho. We have big place, lots of yard. She roams free, enabling her to root at her pleasure (another trait this breed has). She brings back anything she can sink her teeth into...rabbits, squirrels, snakes, moles, birds...she's even tried wild turkeys and woodchucks. Her front fang tips are broke off from rooting, even the Vet noticed this and asked us.

Otherwise, like I said, this has been the best rescue pet or ANY pet, for that matter, that we've ever had...BUT I wouldn't trust her encountering another human without us present.

Don't ever mistake a Jack for a small dog.

Mine thinks she's six feet tall.

raceanoncr

wank2.jpg
She dug this hole herself. Pulled out a tree root, all by herself. If you think she can't do harm, I can provide hundreds of pics like this to show she can.

purplesky

It does take patience and time but you can win over most dogs. Notice I said most. There are some dogs whether it is breed or conditioning that are just mean tempered. I had one dog that was overly protective of his family. The owner and I agreed that if the dog was out I would leave the packages at the end of the driveway. Not only does the driver need to use their head but the dog's owner as well.

I have had several really protective and overly aggressive dogs on some routes I have done and these dogs had no intelligence to get to know the UPS guy.

Some dogs hear the UPS truck and just automatically go into their instinctive protect the house mode.

I had houses I would go to almost everyday and these dogs never got comfortable with me delivering a package to their owners property.

I had to hit a small dog once with one of the older bigger Diad boards and I felt terrible but the dog was starting to get skin off my ankle and my truck was about 50 yards away.

raceanoncr

I had to hit a small dog once with one of the older bigger Diad boards and I felt terrible but the dog was starting to get skin off my ankle and my truck was about 50 yards away.

Had to whack one too. Opened gate, two steps up, he's there, took a chunk outta my knee. Conked him with original DIAD (the old, fiberboard clipboard. Bet nobody remembers those). Went staggering off toward house, whimpering. NI1. Came back next day. Nowhere to be found.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
From the video, I think the dog was not intending to bite him, but rather bark. Notice how the dog changes course and the driver steps forward to hit him.
I agree with protecting yourself and that people perceive threats differently, butI think the result was a little excessive.
The fact that the driver did not tell the owners that he hit the dog seems suspicious to me. He clearly made contact and the dog continued off to the right. Why didn't the driver say that he hit their dog? Probably because he felt that he was in the wrong. That's my 2 cents.
Oh and poor Max, I think he is more than just "property like a car..."