Wasn't going to post this

bbsam

Staff member
There is a difference between humanely euthanizing a mortally wounded animal by the side of the highway and shooting one in self defense, and under no conceivable circumstances would a Jack Russell Terrier ever pose enough of a "threat" to justify shooting it. If you cant see the clear and obvious difference between those two situations, you are the one who is stupid. Your "joke" isn't funny. If you are the kind of person who can hit or witness someone else hitting an animal with a car and just blithely drive away and leave it lying there on the road to suffer, good for you. I am not that kind of person.
It was funny in Animal House. Vacation too. And Caddyshack.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It's not worth anyone's effort to like and post an opposing view. All he wants to hear is people who agree with him, and there aren't too many of them.

He'll get over it eventually, or he'll die. Either way

bbsam

Staff member
Ever had to do it in real life?

Not so funny.
Exactly. But we weren't talking real life. We're talking a parody, sarcasm, a joke. All of life's tragedies are fodder for comedy. Crucifixion is no laughing matter but "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" was a hell of a little song. Aids in Africa is a terrible thing but I defy anyone who has seen "The Book of Mormon" to say they didn't laugh at the "intercourse with a frog" remedy. Comedy. It's a wonderful thing.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Exactly. But we weren't talking real life. We're talking a parody, sarcasm, a joke. All of life's tragedies are fodder for comedy. Crucifixion is no laughing matter but "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" was a hell of a little song. Aids in Africa is a terrible thing but I defy anyone who has seen "The Book of Mormon" to say they didn't laugh at the "intercourse with a frog" remedy. Comedy. It's a wonderful thing.

I think there is a difference between genuine comedy and heaping ridicule upon a person simply because they have the willingness to do something (euthanize an animal in an emergency) that you do not.

I am also at a loss to understand why TOS would go to the trouble to write what was actually a very intelligent and articulate post on the subject of the UPS driver hitting the dog, only to end it with a one-sentence sarcastic insult aimed at someone who otherwise agreed with everything he said.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't understand why that should bother you though. I don't think anybody took it seriously that you you carry at work, would have shot the dog, or should change any stance you have because of this. Yeah, it was a needless jab but I doubt it was made in any real malicious manner.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Every time they look at that dog, the memories will come back. When the dog dies, I am sure that he blame UPS for premature death of the dog as well.
A dog can live a long life with one eye. One of my dog as a kid...a black lab..when he was a puppy got into a fight with a pair of raccoons protecting their babies and lost an eye. He lived to be 15...and had a long happy life.

upschuck

A dog can live a long life with one eye. One of my dog as a kid...a black lab..when he was a puppy got into a fight with a pair of raccoons protecting their babies and lost an eye. He lived to be 15.
I know, just typing what the owner will be thinking whenever the dog will die, and thinking that the dog could have lived longer if not for the "brain injury" that he got when that mean UPS guy cracked him.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I know, just typing what the owner will be thinking whenever the dog will die, and thinking that the dog could have lived longer if not for the "brain injury" that he got when that mean UPS guy cracked him.
I wonder, if Max had bit the driver just before he got cracked with the Diad...would the sleazy owner still be making such a fuss?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
He is now in the process of deleting comments and blocking those with opposing opinions on the Facebook page. My comments on the page have been deleted and I can no longer like or comment

Mine are gone also. You can still report his site to Facebook as annoying. That's what I did. He can't stop that.