Wasn't going to post this

somebodiesgot

That dog came flying out of that garage and was charging towards that driver who made a quick decision to defend himself. I have been in that position many times making deliveries.
OBVIOUSLY THE RESULT WAS EXCESSIVE BUT IT WAS AN UNINTENDED RESULT.

It sucks for the dog because the dog was just doing its job by protecting the house.

The driver probably didn't realize he did so much damage to the dog because it happened so fast and the dog ran away.

WHO THE HELL OPENED THE GARAGE IN THE FIRST PLACE?
The man who posted the video as you can clearly see him come out of the garage after wards.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
If you go to shiponeless.com you'll see he totally changed that. Put a thank you to UPS Customer Relations for "taking action", whatever that entails.

wayfair

swollen member
ok, who put up these comments??

"If I had a nickel for every dog I hit with my diad then I'd be able to fund this morons idiotic campaign"

"Well I'm sure he gets the EYEdia of how to behave now"

"Next time max sees that ups guy he should be the better person and turn a blind eye to him"

O

OLDMAN3

UPS made him whole?
And yet he continues with his Facebook campaign against UPS?!!!
Why do we placate the idiots in this "I am a victim" society?
The driver had better not have lost his route, or have been forced to apologize.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm gonna hijack this thread with a story about dogs and UPSers with a better ending.

Last Friday the new driver thats running my route got sick and left the P-700 in a closed church parking lot with 60 stops on it. I was helping train another new driver on an old route I used to have, basically I was navigating and teaching him how to read a map and DR packages. My Center is very short on drivers right now, and I agreed to do this because I hate doing audits while working TAW. My Center Manager comes and gets me and brings a Helper, I'm going to drive and the Helper runs off packages. We got to the church parking lot at 6PM, there were four puppies just thrown out in the middle of the church's front yard on a 93 degree day, one of them had been eaten by another animal. My center manager called an animal rescue group and stayed with those pups until they were rescued. My center manager lives 70 miles away, he got home very late on a Friday night, I got off after 9PM myself. You won't hear this story on that guy's Facebook page or UPSers.com.

wayfair

swollen member
here's another hi jack... sorry. I'm a dog lover and hate to see things happen to them because their owners are idiots... this happened a couple months ago... hell, I might have posted it already, too many boxes.... well,
I just got off work and had to take the Boxer dog for a walk( she won't let me sit down until I take her), so we get around a couple blocks and were walking next to an elementary school, baseball practice was happening and we're walking by. I hear sounds of a dog collar with tags, so I look to my left and there is a blue pit, eyeballing my dog and starts to charge. It took off from the porch and as soon as it got to middle of the street, a guy I had just walked passed washing his truck, nails the dog, running it completely over. I seen the impact of the truck then had to look away, heard the "thump, thump." the dog ran back to the house but one of her rear legs is shattered... I'll check tomorrow to see if the owners took it to the vet... it was terrible... One of the owners was holding her child in the doorway as it happened but didn't notice the dog coming after us... terrible

Cementups

Box Monkey
So it seems this guy must have received a cease and desist from UPS as all of his outlets have been shut down. I'm sure our corporate lawyers were all over this.

FilingBluesFL

A few weeks ago I had to call the police on a bad dog owner. The dog has attacked me in front of him. Its attacked me in front of a supervisor. I was getting ready to bring a package up to the guys door, saw the dog walking over from across the street, so I got back in the truck, put package in a DR bag, and left it by the mailbox.

Move on, and two deliveries later, the guy is tailgating the truck on a stupid scooter, and then when I get read to make next delivery, guy pulls up next to the truck and tells me I'm "going to go put that package where it belongs." I said, "not with your dog loose." We exchanged more words, he told me that I need to go get a different job, apparently because I'm a veterinarian, or a dog catcher. Uh, no. It's not my job to deal with your bad dog. That's not my job. I called sheriffs deputies when he told me I was going to "have problems" next time I came around his house again. He then called in a complaint.

And then literally less than an hour later, some other guy goes and let his dog out, which went full bore running circles around me, biting at the Macy's bag I kept between me and the dog. Snarling, barking, and trying to get me. Guy says "Oh, it's never done that before!" "That's ok, you can go pick up your stuff in Sarasota from now on." So then he calls me an a-hole. Yes. I'm an a-hole because YOUR dog attacked me, after YOU let it out of your house uncontrolled.

Idiots.

The pictures below, the one and only time I've ever been bit. Dog charged me, I tried backing away, keeping delivery between me and the dog, and it still got me.

For the record, I've got a Pitt bull. It doesn't even remotely behave like half the dogs I see on the routes. He's well behaved, and just awesome. friend these people that can't properly train their dogs.
DogBite1.jpg
DogBite2.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Move on, and two deliveries later, the guy is tailgating the truck on a stupid scooter, and then when I get read to make next delivery, guy pulls up next to the truck and tells me I'm "going to go put that package where it belongs."

I would have been more than happy to stick that package right where it belonged. Might have been tough for him to ride his little scooter afterwards, though.