Wasn't going to post this

kingOFchester

10 to 1 it was not shut down do to a cease and desist letter or lawyers doing their job. He clearly thanks UPS. If he was forced to shut down, he would do that and not add a thank you directed towards UPS.

Also, far cheaper to pay numb nuts off to go away then pay lawyer fees all the while still risking the story getting out to national news outlets.

We have a business or two where the bid driver is banned. The neighboring driver now services the business. UPS could also agree to have this house serviced by a neighboring route. However, I think this bozo would of been just as happy getting some cash.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was involved in an accident early in my career for which I was found not to be at fault. The other driver received 3 traffic citations. I sat through a deposition and the matter was set to go to trial when UPS made a business decision to avoid litigation, settling with the other driver for $20K. I was pissed as I felt this was a clear case of driver error but the company felt it better to settle than take their chances in court.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
You should stop hoping. It's called hush money. Happens more than you care to think about.

What is right is right. This driver was right to defend himself in this situation. Every one of us would have done similar. This particular customer was wrong.
Just like when UPS set the precedent to charge drivers with an accident when they run over a dog because someone somewhere had an expensive canine that they allowed into the street, this is going to be similar.
From now on we will be no longer allowed to defend ourselves in an animal attack because the company fears the limelight even when the driver took proper action to defend himself.
From now on either don't set foot on a questionable property that might have an aggressive animal or if you happen to be surprised by a dog that someone lets out of the house just stand there and let it maul you.
That is the stand that UPS is taking if they allowed this particular customer to get his way and receive compensation for his failure to control his animal. People catch wind of this and everyone will jump on the band wagon.

Last edited:

Johney

I was involved in an accident early in my career for which I was found not to be at fault. The other driver received 3 traffic citations. I sat through a deposition and the matter was set to go to trial when UPS made a business decision to avoid litigation, settling with the other driver for $20K. I was pissed as I felt this was a clear case of driver error but the company felt it better to settle than take their chances in court.
I wouldn't count on this happening now a days.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I would change your perspective to 1 cent, two cents would give you too much credit for evaulation skill.

TOS.
That's why you have zero respect on this site. It's your way or the highway and no one else is entitled to their opinion. BTW, do some reading to improve your language skill(s), unless English is not your native language. If that's the case go back to whatever spider hole you crawled out of.

purplesky

UPS Paying this customer off because a UPS employee injured the customers dog in self defense is just THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS.

People are freaks when it comes to dogs and if that video had actually gone viral millions of people would have blamed UPS without a second thought and just sided with the dog owner.

That driver didn't mean to injure the dog but he did. There is maybe 10% blame on the UPS driver and 90% on the dog owner.

Hopefully there is some kind of corporate tax write off for this incident. :dissapointed:

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
UPS made him whole?
And yet he continues with his Facebook campaign against UPS?!!!
Why do we placate the idiots in this "I am a victim" society?
The driver had better not have lost his route, or have been forced to apologize.
I'm not sure what UPS gave him but he said thank you to the customer relations department whatever that is. I got about 100 left.

Sent using BrownCafe App

kingOFchester

I can confirm from a very reliable source that the person did not receive anything. Wether or not anything was offered is another story.

So he gets nothing, but places a thank you to all supporters and UPS public relations on his website?

Heard from a good source that Santa is losing weight.