Wasn't going to post this

kingOFchester

Overpaid according to most.

I am pretty sure that a corporate decision to pay someone off would NOT make its way down to center level. I do not know who you are, what your position is, or anything about you. So I am not calling you a liar.

Just stating that I believe, it would be in UPS's best interest not to advertise or allow anyone other then those in a 'need to know position', to know that a pay out was made. It would not benefit UPS to have information like this floating out there.

If he was paid, he would most certainly have to sign a NDA (non-discloure agreement). very common.
The fact that he thanked UPS screams that he feels as tho he has been made whole.

JMHO.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I am pretty sure that a corporate decision to pay someone off would NOT make its way down to center level. I do not know who you are, what your position is, or anything about you. So I am not calling you a liar.

Just stating that I believe, it would be in UPS's best interest not to advertise or allow anyone other then those in the need to know position, that a pay out was made. It would not benefit UPS to have information like this floating out there.

If he was paid, he would most certainly have to sign a NDA (non-discloure agreement). very common.
The fact that he thanked UPS screams that he feels as tho he has been made whole.

JMHO.
Unless I heard it straight from the guys mouth or cut the check( if there was one) I will always have doubts. With that said, I'm very confident in what I heard was accurately represented by my sources.

kingOFchester

Unless I heard it straight from the guys mouth or cut the check( if there was one) I will always have doubts. With that said, I'm very confident in what I heard was accurately represented by my sources.

Fair enough. I still believe that he was made to feel whole. The whack nut would not pull all his stuff down and then add a Thank you to ups on his page if he was forced to shut it down. He would of just shut it down. Adding a thank you clearly implies he feels as though he has been made whole.

Unless your sources are in the ivory tower in Atlanta, I suspect they are just stating what they have been told. UPS trust no one. They don't even trust their center manager's to make business decisions. And for that I believe they wouldn't share the going ons with a situation such as this.

UPS spends millions for a 30 second spot to paint their company in a glowing light. Had the video gone viral, and made all the national news, that would be hours of negative publicity. 10k, 20k, 50k, to avoid hours of negative publicity is nothing in compared to the money they spend for 30 seconds of positive publicity.

No sense in arguing something that neither of us have the facts on. All opinions.

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Fair enough. I still believe that he was made to feel whole. The whack nut would not pull all his stuff down and then add a Thank you to ups on his page if he was forced to shut it down. He would of just shut it down. Adding a thank you clearly implies he feels as though he has been made whole.

Unless your sources are in the ivory tower in Atlanta, I suspect they are just stating what they have been told. UPS trust no one. They don't even trust their center manager's to make business decisions. And for that I believe they wouldn't share the going ons with a situation such as this.

No sense in arguing something that neither of us have the facts on. All opinions.
True, just sharing what I have been made aware of.

somebodiesgot

So he gets nothing, but places a thank you to all supporters and UPS public relations on his website?

Heard from a good source that Santa is losing weight.
Well, what exactly would you expect him to put? His fb page is gone.
Is he supposed to put ":censored2:"?

Either way I just really wish this guy was told to friend off the hard way

kingOFchester

Well, what exactly would you expect him to put? His fb page is gone.
Is he supposed to put ":censored2:"?

Either way I just really wish this guy was told to friend off the hard way

He has this on the website:
"To everyone who particpated in the debate and to the UPS customer Relations team who took action - we thank you. You made a difference. For max."

Why in gods name would he spend so much time making a video? Making a website? Making a FB page? Doing local news interviews? But then after being forced to shut down, Thank UPS???? That makes no sense. He made a campaign. Got paid, and even thanked UPS. If they hit him with lawyers, he would not thank UPS.

JMHO

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
He has this on the website:

Why in gods name would he spend so much time making a video? Making a website? Making a FB page? Doing local news interviews? But then after being forced to shut down, Thank UPS???? That makes no sense. He made a campaign. Got paid, and even thanked UPS. If they hit him with lawyers, he would not thank UPS.

JMHO

Not arguing, but consider this.

The guy owns/runs a social media consulting firm. He should have the knowledge and equipment to throw together a video in as long as it took him to deliver his spiel.

It doesn't appear as though he has updated his company's web page in four or five years.

Bingo, a chance to make some big bucks at the expense of Max.

UPS, and their team of high priced lawyers, says "be nice, cut the crap or we will freaking bury you in legal fees."

kingOFchester

Because he thanked UPS. He took everything down and ended the campaign. If he was threatened, he would continue his campaign and would still put the SURVEILLANCE video on youtube. He would just be careful in what he said and what he posts. He thanked UPS!!! Why, why would he thank them???

He got paid. Sorry, but he did.

Go on to youtube. Look at all the videos that talk crap about UPS. With pictures showing the logo. They still exist. This gut did nothing but tell his story. UPS can't keep him from telling his story, regardless of how expensive the lawyers are.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'm not trying to argue, and I do see your point.

But, maybe, they got a little more aggressive with this guy because they didn't like their exposure.

We'll probably never know.

kingOFchester

I'm not trying to argue, and I do see your point.

But, maybe, they got a little more aggressive with this guy because they didn't like their exposure.

We'll probably never know.

Absolutely, we will never know.

But I surmise from the information we have, the equation doesn't work out to lawyers getting to the guy. It only works with a pay out. Youtube campaign + devoted website + a devoted Facebook page + news interview + subsequently Facebook taken down + youtube video deleted + a UPS directed Thank you = settlement along with NDA.

As much as I dislike this clown, he did play his cards right. He notified UPS of the issue. Threatened in one way or the other about going public, waited, made a dedicated website, got a local news interview, opened a Facebook page, made video, posted video on all his sites,didn't start an insane boycott campaign but rather ship just one less (this alone was ingenious as it is more rational then an all out boycott) then launched all media he had built at once and then probably forwarded his websites to UPS and then waited for the pay out.

This is far better then those who just post videos and complain. Kudos for a successful extortion of a fortune 500 company. (Coercion is probably a better word then extortion in this situation, but doesn't have the same bite as extortion.)

Last edited:

fedx.drivr

Just a thought......maybe he thanked UPS so we would all THINK he won the battle, when in reality he was forced to shut it all down. Who knows.....

Sent using BrownCafe App

kingOFchester

Just a thought......maybe he thanked UPS so we would all THINK he won the battle, when in reality he was forced to shut it all down. Who knows.....

Sent using BrownCafe App

Uh, no.

We all don't like the blame this guy was placing. Blaming a fellow Teamster. Doing a job that we work hard at everyday. We all felt personally attacked. We saw him using his dog as a way to get to UPS. The mind has a way of not believing that a guy like this could win. So we rationalize it by coming up with scenarios where he doesn't win. Human nature. If you look past what is right, you may actually see what is right there in front of us. A putz that got what he wanted when he was in the wrong.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
that idiot was taking a BEATING on that facebook page. The complaints against him were outnumbering his supporters 10 to 1.

One after the other, people were blasting these dog owners as irresponsible.

Our driver should SUE this jerk for defamation.

His page was going nowhere with only 474 likes and if there was an option for dislikes, it would have numbered in the thousands.

"WE" began bombarding his work email account with hate mail and we continue to pass out his work email everyday.

Now that his site is down, maybe he can return to the land of obscurity from which he came. Hopefully, he will treat his dogs with care and handling, and take "OWNERSHIP" of his actions.

He got nothing and deserved nothing.

TOS.