WATCH TYLER BINDER ON YT, REAL TRUTH UPS 2018 CONTRACT

Tony Q

Please explain what he is wrong about and why this change should not concern us.
Originally when the language was written it was 10 years. This was agreed to. With 5 years going by there is only 5 years left. If you want an explanation what you should really do is google Teamsters local 344 and call their local and ask for explanations of this. Obviously this is where he came up with it. What is also interesting is that 344 has their own pens and health and welfare funds. Seriously google the number and call the local and ask them to explain it. This would be the right thing to do from my perspective.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Cool.

Aren't we all ?

Don't blame me.

Or, the general lack of work ethic.... from the current crop of employee's.

Reality sucks.

-Bug-
While I applaud a 4 year driver getting involved in the contract negotiations and standing up for what he believes in,his efforts would be much more appreciated fighting ups on the shop floor with the contract we have like most stewards do everyday at ups.....right now in my eyes he's just another complaining internet blowhard and his 5 min of internet fame will pass

Box Ox

I don't knock people for trying, but his commentary is an opinion.... not fact.

Because he doesn’t have enough years under his belt? Why? The Contract text is laid out for all to see. And having more time on the job doesn’t necessarily make one a better reader or critical thinker.

Those are skills that won’t typically come around later if they weren’t already present on day 1 of the job.

Box Ox

It was language from last Contract, when it was 10 years. Now we are in the next contract wher it is 5 years. No conspiracy there.

The Company will use it as massive leverage in the 2023 Contract negotiations. Probably to push strongly for an even greater dilution of full time wages and protections.

The Union already gave away enough in the 2018 Contract. Did it really need to also agree to simultaneous Contract and pension negotiations 5 years from now?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I don't knock people for trying, but his commentary is an opinion.... not fact.

The hell you don't hypocrite!

Is a 4 year driver, with no experience in holding any elected Union position. That makes his "observations" opinion, not fact.
-Bug-

The "commentary" is an interpretation of what IS ACTUALLY WRITTEN! YOU need to get your damn facts straight BUG! If you don't like the interpretation FIX THE DAMN WORDING OF THE CONTRACT PROPOSAL! You have no right complaining about someone trying to fix something, in a constructive way, which was screwed up by those who are tasked to, "represent our best interests" and who are paid by us!

The actual vote total, will tell the tale.
The vote will be a direct result of how well the company and the Union can conspire together to sell this piece of :bsbullf: to those votes which will actually be counted! You want to toss out inflammatory rhetoric expect it to be returned! Those in glass houses.......

Or, the general lack of work ethic.... from the current crop of employee's.

Wow BUG, you have hit a new low. I 1/2 expect you to claim all the no votes will be illegal voters in your next post! I honestly think its past time you retire and let new leadership drive the union forward because from where I am sitting you and your kind are just dragging us down! "Seniority" does not entitle you to belittle others on the soul grounds they haven't been around as long as you have! My grandfather did that and we had to put his ass in a nursing home!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The hell you don't hypocrite!

The "commentary" is an interpretation of what IS ACTUALLY WRITTEN! YOU need to get your damn facts straight BUG! If you don't like the interpretation FIX THE DAMN WORDING OF THE CONTRACT PROPOSAL! You have no right complaining about someone trying to fix something, in a constructive way, which was screwed up by those who are tasked to, "represent our best interests" and who are paid by us!

The vote will be a direct result of how well the company and the Union can conspire together to sell this piece of :bsbullf: to those votes which will actually be counted! You want to toss out inflammatory rhetoric expect it to be returned! Those in glass houses.......

Wow BUG, you have hit a new low. I 1/2 expect you to claim all the no votes will be illegal voters in your next post! I honestly think its past time you retire and let new leadership drive the union forward because from where I am sitting you and your kind are just dragging us down! "Seniority" does not entitle you to belittle others on the soul grounds they haven't been around as long as you have! My grandfather did that and we had to put his ass in a nursing home!

Thanks....

For beholding all my points.

-Bug-

Tony Q

The Company will use it as massive leverage in the 2023 Contract negotiations. Probably to push strongly for an even greater dilution of full time wages and protections.

The Union already gave away enough in the 2018 Contract. Did it really need to also agree to simultaneous Contract and pension negotiations 5 years from now?
When the language was initially agreed to it was for ten years. The first 5 years were struck out. If you agree to something like this you can’t add five years every contract. I might be wrong but that’s what it looks like to me. Back in 1997 in my opinion was the time to start our own ups IBT Pension fund. This could have helped us all out. That obviously didn’t happen. We waited till 2007 to fix the Pension. And that was just the Central Region. I believe they agreed to a 10 year time cram after this where ups could not ask to do the same thing. I am no Pension expert, but I believe there was another deal somewhere else in new York or in the east.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
It was language from last Contract, when it was 10 years. Now we are in the next contract wher it is 5 years. No conspiracy there. As far as getting out of the management Pension. They have to in order to keep giving us more. This is the same with the healthcare. If you are in management you have to pay $150 a month extra to smoke. We do not. For management your wife has to get off your medical if her employer offers medical. We do not. Same goes with smoking. Also if you are hired into management after 2008 you weren’t receiving a pension. Another this they have to do without so we can have it. Just some food for thought.
I would have no problem with anyone who smokes to have to pay extra.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Please, watch Tyler Binder you tube videos, about the real truth of this absurd. Only type his name on the search button, and you got all his videos, about this ....
UPS Contract 2018, VOTE NO!!!!!!!:overreactsmiley: Its a Must. :thumbup::strikesmileys:
I want Tyler to turn in a Christmas Helper card for JAKE G. On YouTube "Why You Shouldn't Work At UPS"

Jake worked there 2-weeks with a week of training/classes and 3-days in the box. What his mind set would be like if he went 26-years?

Can you imagine? Think Jake G. 46-years old at UPS.

Tony Q

He’s obviously management. His stance that management “gives up so we can have” is not correct. We have these things because of collective bargaining. End of story.
I’m the damn guy that tried to advise you on your brother. I’m definitely not management. UPS cuts managements pension healthcare and other things so that our union brothers and sisters get more. I actually love this.

Scoot

When the language was initially agreed to it was for ten years. The first 5 years were struck out. If you agree to something like this you can’t add five years every contract. I might be wrong but that’s what it looks like to me. Back in 1997 in my opinion was the time to start our own ups IBT Pension fund. This could have helped us all out. That obviously didn’t happen. We waited till 2007 to fix the Pension. And that was just the Central Region. I believe they agreed to a 10 year time cram after this where ups could not ask to do the same thing. I am no Pension expert, but I believe there was another deal somewhere else in new York or in the east.

Thank you for the explanation. It does make sense. Still concerning to know we will be negotiating pensions with the contract next time around.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
The point I was trying to make is that every 5 years UPS takes something away from management in order to give us more. Reread my post.
While bringing in record profits. It's called greed. Management has no choice but to take it up the tailpipe. Have you ever heard a low level mgmt person snap on a conference call while being raked over the coals? One quick phone call and they become silent as a mouse.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
What about for every pound you're overweight?

What about if you eat fast food?

What about if you have a rural route and eat dust all day?

It may sound ok because you don't smoke but it's a Pandora's box.
I'm ok with smokers paying more because that's a personal choice they make.