We are ready!!!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
T
No, remotes are people UPS hires to deliver packages out of golf carts in larger communities. They put all the packages in a POD storage unit, and then the remote shows up and unlocks the POD, sorts the crap in there and delivers with the golf cart. Really a dumb corporate idea. We have already had reports of packages laying in the streets, because they fell off the gold cart.
Corporate have a dumb idea? That's just plain silly. It looks so cute on the photo op some helper in browns delivering pkgs from a golf cart. Shows the public we will use all means necessary to make service on packages...yeah right.

Rainman

Its all good.
Our loaders are told to leave the air behind the cars for the drivers to go through and load. I have asked my loader to load any NDA for my RDR (Walmart) and RDC stops and I will load the rest in the 1000 section.
My loader sometimes loads my Walmart air RDR, but when he does it gets delivered late. Wally World is my last air stop and I get there right at 10:30, vision 1st, then GM receiving. Any air for the front of the store loaded RDR is automatically late.

Future

Victory Ride
funny-overconfidence.jpg
If you frequent UPSers you have probably seem all the videos saying we are ready for peak. I think the vast majority of UPS centers are far from ready. I predict a repeat of 2013, if not worse. Propaganda only goes so far and convinces so many people. I wish the top management in Atlanta would step down to our level and see just how bad things really are. Just saying.........

McGee

I had 73 pieces in the 1000 shelf Wednesday. Made it really easy to find my air.

I now have my preloader put all my air in the cab no matter how big it is. If it's in the cab I can carry it to the back or stack it right behind the bulkhead on a pile of bulk, but if it's buried on the floor, all over the 1000 shelf and half way back in the 5000 shelf...not so much.
We are instructed to leave the air out in our bldg... No prob, makes it easier for the driver to find it if we have wrapped for the day anyways...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We are instructed to leave the air out in our bldg... No prob, makes it easier for the driver to find it if we have wrapped for the day anyways...
Doesn't it get in the way of stacking out your bulk stops? I would think it would. My loader puts my smalls in a tote outside the truck, but anything bigger goes in the cab now.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
How can the preloader get to the cab if the truck is bulked out?
He's really good at keeping a thin path for himself until the end of the night. He can make 300 pieces in an 800 look like 200.

I'd be fine with him leaving all the air behind the truck, however the sups will walk along at some point and just throw it in the truck.

PT Car Washer

He's really good at keeping a thin path for himself until the end of the night. He can make 300 pieces in an 800 look like 200.

I'd be fine with him leaving all the air behind the truck, however the sups will walk along at some point and just throw it in the truck.
Ain't that the truth. Lucky if they hit the right truck but at least there is nothing stacked out at driver start time.

McGee

Doesn't it get in the way of stacking out your bulk stops? I would think it would. My loader puts my smalls in a tote outside the truck, but anything bigger goes in the cab now.
No, not really since it comes near the end ( they must unload it last, or something... there is )usually only 3 or 4 pcs (for each truck) that are mixed in with the day's load, and I always put the air in a tote ( if its small enough) behind the truck

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Do you mean start the Preload earlier so you can get out on time or (God forbid) a bit sooner? No can do. Might make the Preload numbers look bad. You will just have to work off the clock if you want out on time.
Get us out of the building on time! That makes a huge difference In my day.

Its alot easier to deliver,durring the daylight hours.

but what do I know??
As for the preload, if the work isn't there, it can't be processed. Pretty simple. When there's loads put on door at 8:00am and bulk coming out of the primary at 8:30am (like today), it's going to be a mess by 9am with lots of LIB's.

All I can do is my best, my best not to laugh! ;D

PT Car Washer

As for the preload, if the work isn't there, it can't be processed. Pretty simple. When there's loads put on door at 8:00am and bulk coming out of the primary at 8:30am (like today), it's going to be a mess by 9am with lots of LIB's.

All I can do is my best, my best not to laugh! ;D
That would be a normal planned day with my buildings preload. Peak is going to be a disaster.