We are ready!!!

My Fingers Hurt

It is pretty sad the way some people load. 2 of my drivers leave the building by 7:45 so I typically get sent around to help others. I get to some trucks and I swear dudes are just chucking packages in and wherever the land is where they stay!

I also started driver helping earlier in the week and of course Thursday ended up being a 13 hour day already. There was stuff hiding behind boxes on the 8k shelf that were pal'd for the 2k shelf, rdr business stops mixed with shelf 4k. :censored2: Nightmare!

oldngray

nowhere special
It is pretty sad the way some people load. 2 of my drivers leave the building by 7:45 so I typically get sent around to help others. I get to some trucks and I swear dudes are just chucking packages in and wherever the land is where they stay!

I also started driver helping earlier in the week and of course Thursday ended up being a 13 hour day already. There was stuff hiding behind boxes on the 8k shelf that were pal'd for the 2k shelf, rdr business stops mixed with shelf 4k. :censored2: Nightmare!

I had a loader who would stack packages on the 8000 shelf when he was cleaning his cages then would forget about them and bury them. It could be packages supposed to go anyplace else on the car including NDA.

Foamer Pyle

We are screwed at my center. Seems that their answer for extra volume is remotes, and no extra Xmas drivers. Also, our center has too many p600's that are packed full during the regular season, which leaves no room for expansion, when it gets busier. I can remember when we used to have at least 8 extra package cars. All we have now is a couple of real beat up machines.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are screwed at my center. Seems that their answer for extra volume is remotes, and no extra Xmas drivers. Also, our center has too many p600's that are packed full during the regular season, which leaves no room for expansion, when it gets busier. I can remember when we used to have at least 8 extra package cars. All we have now is a couple of real beat up machines.

Remotes? Are you talking about the Surepost that is being held to be matched up with regular ground deliveries the following day?

Johney

Remotes? Are you talking about the Surepost that is being held to be matched up with regular ground deliveries the following day?
Maybe a TP-60 brought out with one driver with 7 & 8000 sections from 3 or 4 drivers in it. They do that here. Hide the key and drivers come get their stuff when needed. Problem is being the first guy there and your crap is in the front.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ready to go over the wall!

world-war-one-o.gif

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I had a loader who would stack packages on the 8000 shelf when he was cleaning his cages then would forget about them and bury them. It could be packages supposed to go anyplace else on the car including NDA.
Some dumb sups teach them to do that. I'd find envelopes for 1000, 3000 & 5000 on the 8000 shelf at 2pm when I would be sorting my truck and on that route I'd have to backtrack like 20 minutes to deliver them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Some dumb sups teach them to do that. I'd find envelopes for 1000, 3000 & 5000 on the 8000 shelf at 2pm when I would be sorting my truck and on that route I'd have to backtrack like 20 minutes to deliver them.

On those rare occasions when I find a NDA in the load I will break off if it is close or deliver it when I am back in the area later in the day. It doesn't matter if it is 10:31 or 3:31----it is already late.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had a real problem with a few part time sups that would send most of
Their loaders home early if air was a little late. They would then throw the air at the end of the 8000 or 6000 sections.

a few drivers and loaders got in trouble for this. A few of us knew what was happening and put an end to it quickly.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Fedex guy on my route, who probably knows little if anything, said at their meeting they were told by their center manager that Fred told Amazon they were cutting them off again after a certain volume.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Fedex guy on my route, who probably knows little if anything, said at their meeting they were told by their center manager that Fred told Amazon they were cutting them off again after a certain volume.

He may not know much but he is right on this one.

Express' version of a center manager is called a SM.

Foamer Pyle

No, remotes are people UPS hires to deliver packages out of golf carts in larger communities. They put all the packages in a POD storage unit, and then the remote shows up and unlocks the POD, sorts the crap in there and delivers with the golf cart. Really a dumb corporate idea. We have already had reports of packages laying in the streets, because they fell off the gold cart.