We are ready!!!

oldngray

nowhere special
Halfway back to the 5000? Seriously? Wow...air should never get buried...any halfway decent loader should know that. I'll leave it out first.

Most of my loaders would bury air in the load. I would get mad and try to explain then yell at them but they just didn't care. Their attitude was load it where it was PAL'ed and they would never check whether it was NDA. Air could be buried in behind 50 ground packages or loaded at some random spot on the floor. I tried to get them to leave the air out behind the car but sups could never understand it takes 3 times as long to dig through the load for your air vs leaving them together where you can just check them then go.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Most of my loaders would bury air in the load. I would get mad and try to explain then yell at them but they just didn't care. Their attitude was load it where it was PAL'ed and they would never check whether it was NDA. Air could be buried in behind 50 ground packages or loaded at some random spot on the floor. I tried to get them to leave the air out behind the car but sups could never understand it takes 3 times as long to dig through the load for your air vs leaving them together where you can just check them then go.
If a route has a lot of ground PAL'd to the 1000 shelf..I'll usually leave the air smalls in a tote in the cab.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our loaders are told to leave the air behind the cars for the drivers to go through and load. I have asked my loader to load any NDA for my RDR (Walmart) and RDC stops and I will load the rest in the 1000 section.

Notretiredyet

My loader tries to do whatever I ask of him as far as putting airs in totes, bulks stops in rear regardless of PAL ect. Funny how a kind word like nice job or a donut stolen from a safety committee member and a Xmas tip works.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Our loaders are told to leave the air behind the cars for the drivers to go through and load. I have asked my loader to load any NDA for my RDR (Walmart) and RDC stops and I will load the rest in the 1000 section.
The only things that are left out in my building is hazmats. I don't know the reason, but since I've worked here....we were trained to not load hazmats....I've never loaded one.

PT Car Washer

We have piles left everyday after the drivers leave. Bulk stops that won't fit, oversize and over weights that won't fit or come down to late to be loaded. Come back to the building after delivering NDA and load up. Between LIBs and running misloads can turn into a pretty good day.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We have piles left everyday after the drivers leave. Bulk stops that won't fit, oversize and over weights that won't fit or come down to late to be loaded. Come back to the building after delivering NDA and load up. Between LIBs and running misloads can turn into a pretty good day.
That drives me crazy...stack out a truck with a 50 piece RD stop at the end of the sort...and 5 min later a huge PB box is sent down the irreg belt. Unstack and restack.....10-4...lol

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

In my center the package cars are completely full and the loaders can't get to the 1000 section so they just try and throw it towards the 1000 section from the back of the truck........management told us not to verify our airs just close the door and go look for them on road

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In my center the package cars are completely full and the loaders can't get to the 1000 section so they just try and throw it towards the 1000 section from the back of the truck........management told us not to verify our airs just close the door and go look for them on road

Our center team is adamant that we verify our airs before we leave and let them know if there any that we can't get to on time.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Yep. same in my center... Yesterday I found my missing NDA (express tube) harpooned in middle of 5000 shelf around 1 oclock. and I knew the loader just fired the thing in there from 5 feet away. pkg was pal'd for 1015

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Our center team is adamant that we verify our airs before we leave and let them know if there any that we can't get to on time.
We also tried to get loaders to leave pkgs behind truck.....management vetoed it.....said it will be no prob all airs will be in 1000 section that hasn't happened yet...now they are trying to discipline drivers for finding airs in load saying they should search the truck after they del last air until 1030

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have had a Helper the last two weeks, I had 200 stops Thursday. We have a lot of brand new drivers in my Center this year, they are about to be educated. My golf cart route on my area still hasn't been put in. I'm on my last vacation, I hope they get it all sorted out next week.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1416073608.423002.jpg

Shift Inhibit

And that is management in a nutshell. Blame the drivers for everything because we get paid the most $$. We are expected to fix all the problems they create... SYSTEM FAILURE :whiteflag:

Shift Inhibit

I have had a Helper the last two weeks, I had 200 stops Thursday. We have a lot of brand new drivers in my Center this year, they are about to be educated. My golf cart route on my area still hasn't been put in. I'm on my last vacation, I hope they get it all sorted out next week.View attachment 19994
you should take a before & pic next time. looks nice & neat most days when ya leave the building... Get to first stop after a 20-60 min drive to route, pop open B/H door... load looks like downtown Bagdad... lmao

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Halfway back to the 5000? Seriously? Wow...air should never get buried...any halfway decent loader should know that. I'll leave it out first.
He's a good loader. Not my best ever, but he's good. The problem is when they bulk out my truck he didn't always get the air to the front of the 1000 section. When my truck isn't as stuffed he's spot on with everything. My guess is air was coming in late in the morning after the dumb sups had walked by and told him to load in the stacked out bulk stops (when he shouldn't be) and he just winged the air onto the shelf and it didn't always make it.

I have one air stop that I have every morning with just a handful of NDA envelopes who also gets like 3-4 savers that always get PALed to 4000 and I ask him as a favor to leave them out so I can deliver them with the NDAs in the morning and he does that. He's also learned which boxes go to my afternoon bulk stops that look distinctive so he knows he can put them on any shelf where there is space and I'll be able to quickly spot them. He is pretty intuitive overall, but has a little temper towards management so you can tell when they bust his balls.

He's actually been loading my load long before I bid the route (9 years so far) so he knows it really well. I get maybe 1 misload a week from him if that. The only misloadish type issue I get from him is the add cuts. About 2 times a week they'll pull some stuff off my truck and he'll leave without finding the last few that are hiding. He is good about marking off each package on the add/cut sheet as he finds them though so if the dumb sups didn't pull the paper off my back door I'd know I have surprises waiting for me later.

Overall he does well. He's no Dominic, but he's good. Dom is God's gift to drivers. I would pay $50 a month to have him as my loader. That cat loads 5 trucks a day and even when my truck would get bulked out he still got every single package in perfect sequence....and if he had to put something on the floor it was always directly below where it was supposed to be with an arrow drawn on the box above it. Amazing loader.

The nice thing is my current loader is always done by the time I get to my truck, except when the sort is still running (late air, belt breaks down etc). Dom wasn't always done so I can't complain about my current guy.

Geez, this got long.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
How about shifting the WHOLE company's start time back 1.5 hours, drivers start at 7:30 am help finish load and on road by 8am. LIKE IT USED TO BE. 9am start time is what is killing peak. I used to have time to run air and ground together and get into resis early and use the daylight to my advantage
In another week or so I will just start delivering my NDA in trace instead of breaking off to make the commit time. When the DIAD prompts me for a reason I type in "X" for "other" because "dispatcher is an idiot" is not available as an option. I can only drive for 60 per week and the truck can only hold so much fuel. Something has to give.