We are ready!!!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
He's a good loader. Not my best ever, but he's good. The problem is when they bulk out my truck he didn't always get the air to the front of the 1000 section. When my truck isn't as stuffed he's spot on with everything. My guess is air was coming in late in the morning after the dumb sups had walked by and told him to load in the stacked out bulk stops (when he shouldn't be) and he just winged the air onto the shelf and it didn't always make it.

I have one air stop that I have every morning with just a handful of NDA envelopes who also gets like 3-4 savers that always get PALed to 4000 and I ask him as a favor to leave them out so I can deliver them with the NDAs in the morning and he does that. He's also learned which boxes go to my afternoon bulk stops that look distinctive so he knows he can put them on any shelf where there is space and I'll be able to quickly spot them. He is pretty intuitive overall, but has a little temper towards management so you can tell when they bust his balls.

He's actually been loading my load long before I bid the route (9 years so far) so he knows it really well. I get maybe 1 misload a week from him if that. The only misloadish type issue I get from him is the add cuts. About 2 times a week they'll pull some stuff off my truck and he'll leave without finding the last few that are hiding. He is good about marking off each package on the add/cut sheet as he finds them though so if the dumb sups didn't pull the paper off my back door I'd know I have surprises waiting for me later.

Overall he does well. He's no Dominic, but he's good. Dom is God's gift to drivers. I would pay $50 a month to have him as my loader. That cat loads 5 trucks a day and even when my truck would get bulked out he still got every single package in perfect sequence....and if he had to put something on the floor it was always directly below where it was supposed to be with an arrow drawn on the box above it. Amazing loader.

The nice thing is my current loader is always done by the time I get to my truck, except when the sort is still running (late air, belt breaks down etc). Dom wasn't always done so I can't complain about my current guy.

Geez, this got long.
Agreed...I am very good at what I do but we have a "Dom" in my building...been a loader for over 20 years. He trained me on how to load when i started....when we still had load charts....lol. His trucks are absolutely perfect...

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm waiting.....
images-8.jpeg
... till the cows come home?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Agreed...I am very good at what I do but we have a "Dom" in my building...been a loader for over 20 years. He trained me on how to load when i started....when we still had load charts....lol. His trucks are absolutely perfect...
We have a guy like this. He runs a surepost station now. It's a shame.

He can take 300 pieces in a 700 and make it look like 100.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I have had a Helper the last two weeks, I had 200 stops Thursday. We have a lot of brand new drivers in my Center this year, they are about to be educated. My golf cart route on my area still hasn't been put in. I'm on my last vacation, I hope they get it all sorted out next week.View attachment 19994
I would love to be able to walk through my truck like that. Many days I'm lucky to see the back door.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Many newer loaders don't take much pride in what they do....[/quote Why should they? There new and the driver- loader relationship has been gone for many years since we have different plans everyday, turnover rate is above 50%, long waiting period for advancement, too much technology and the fact that they think too much without common sense taught as a requirement.

In another week or so I will just start delivering my NDA in trace instead of breaking off to make the commit time. When the DIAD prompts me for a reason I type in "X" for "other" because "dispatcher is an idiot" is not available as an option. I can only drive for 60 per week and the truck can only hold so much fuel. Something has to give.
You can't refuel on area?