We were told we wont be working over 9.5 during peak,but..................

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
They didnt tell us HOW they are going to achieve this. Our center is bursting at the seams already,with no real room for expansion aside from putting in extensions from inside the building to outside,but at best that will only be room for MAYBE 16 more cars.

It makes me wonder if our center will be going on a 7 day schedule during peak,with seasonal and any volunteers delivering on Sunday. However even then I cant see not working 12-13 hours a day

Johney

Is it possible that they will be leasing space somewhere else? They have been doing this at our building for two peaks now.

They didnt tell us HOW they are going to achieve this. Our center is bursting at the seams already,with no real room for expansion aside from putting in extensions from inside the building to outside,but at best that will only be room for MAYBE 16 more cars.

It makes me wonder if our center will be going on a 7 day schedule during peak,with seasonal and any volunteers delivering on Sunday. However even then I cant see not working 12-13 hours a day
They must have a plan.
Maybe bigger staggered start times? Get mist if the routes out early and load the empty package cars after everyone leaves?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We were told last week to try to refer people to work for Peak. They want us to find Helpers, Preloaders, Seasonal Drivers, and PVDs or whatever they call them that deliver out of private vehicles. I wouldn't recommend this company to anybody that I cared about. We had a job fair at my Hub Friday, we are doomed with the applicants I saw. It looks like the usual well-planned Peak Disaster in the making!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Your center manager was just reading a speech given to him by corporate.
I’m sure he knows it is BS but he has to read it anyway and pretend to believe it.
Kind of like ORION.

Last edited:

soberups

The company already met with our local union leadership to discuss peak season plans.
The “plan” relies (as it has for years) on hiring a totally unobtainable number of helpers and temporary drivers.
The status of local job market—where jobs are going unfilled due to a lack of applicants—will only exacerbate the problem.
So it will be an “all-you-can-eat buffet” here for current emloyees, there will be sign up lists for extra work and pretty much anybody who wants 70 hours a week is going to get it.

soberups

Them: “We need helpers, please refer friends and family, put the word out that we are desperate, there aren’t enough helpers to go around.”

Also them: “Make sure you clock your helper out in 2.99 hours or less and they have to do at least 20 stops from a buggy, functionally useless cell phone so that we can look good on a report.”

Poop Head

Judge me.
Them: “We need helpers, please refer friends and family, put the word out that we are desperate, there aren’t enough helpers to go around.”

Also them: “Make sure you clock your helper out in 2.99 hours or less and they have to do at least 20 stops from a buggy, functionally useless cell phone so that we can look good on a report.”
Every year, I request to not have a helper. Hopefully this will be the year where I actually don't get any

soberups

At one time, they would give me a helper for a day or two on my rural route so that I could train them on the DIAD and hand them off to a driver who actually needed them.
It actually worked pretty well. My helper would sit in the jumpseat with the DIAD and the package and I could talk them through the process while we drove up the long driveway or back road to the house to make the delivery.
They learned fairly quickly because they were not under any stress, if they made a mistake I could talk them back out of it while the car was still moving so it didnt cost us any time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Correct- 9.5. They meant hours of overtime per day. No driver shall exceed 9.5.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Been hearing the same thing here.....as far as where? They’ve been renting buildings called “villages” all over the place. They rent them year round but only used during peak. These are fully operational buildings with PAS systems and small sorts. Like you I’ll believe it when I see it but then again just a few months ago I’d of never believed we’d get 8.2 days.