We were told we wont be working over 9.5 during peak,but..................

babboo25

Banned
I already have it back, I just go in and click the mouse to “off” before I leave in the morning.
And when hundreds of thousands of missed stops start rolling over in mid-December all over the country and everyone starts hitting the 70 hour limit, we will get RDO back in order to stop the bleeding.
The square peg of ORION is about to hit the round hole of reality and no amount of denial and wishful thinking on Atlanta’s part is going to change that.
Yea our whole building has been doing the same thing for several weeks now. If you turn it back on but don’t get edd again it doesn’t show up on reports. You’ll just have that annoying get edd/data at top of screen all day. Our center manager knows and he’s cool with it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That’s fine for bid drivers. I feel bad for swing drivers who go back to same sections 4 different times in a day. Smh.
I am a bid driver and my route will fail without RDO.
The additional time I will be forced to waste by reverting to pre-EDD methods of manual sorting will result in missed stops and me running out of hours.

soberups

My guess is that if the ivory tower refuses to allow RDO nationwide, the buildings and centers will, in desperation, start printing out manifests in RDO so that drivers can still function by working off of clipboards while keeping ODO in the DIAD.
It is physically impossible to follow any sort of ORION trace when the car is bricked out. It cannot be done. Having to have entire shelves bagged up and brought out to us on area due to containment issues only adds to the utter futility of the concept.
At some point, Atlanta’s childish games and wishful thinking will have to be set aside so that we adults in the real world can actually get the packages delivered.
I only hope that happens early enough to prevent a catastrophe.

Last edited:

soberups

Yea our whole building has been doing the same thing for several weeks now. If you turn it back on but don’t get edd again it doesn’t show up on reports. You’ll just have that annoying get edd/data at top of screen all day. Our center manager knows and he’s cool with it.
Just remember to get EDD again when you return the building. That way Atlanta gets to see the green check mark.
Its a pretty sad state of affairs when getting a coherent RDO view of your dispatch in order to get your job done has become like smuggling drugs into a prison by shoving them up into your arse....

Last edited:

Vacation

you’re not getting RDO back ever dude

For me I don’t really care. Yea it’s going to suck but most of my retail will be given to some poor kid off the street in a split with 300 stops that thinks he actually has to follow Orion. We all know it doesn’t work well and it works less during peak. With the stress of peak why make it harder. Here in 804 they can’t force the 6th day even when they are rolling work. I really don’t see the point in making life even harder. How are the kids going to deliver when they don’t even know what’s in the truck?

F

Frankie's Friend

Peak season hires reporting for work

3%20DSC_8834%20214.jpg
Part time supes?

F

Frankie's Friend

We were told last week to try to refer people to work for Peak. They want us to find Helpers, Preloaders, Seasonal Drivers, and PVDs or whatever they call them that deliver out of private vehicles. I wouldn't recommend this company to anybody that I cared about. We had a job fair at my Hub Friday, we are doomed with the applicants I saw. It looks like the usual well-planned Peak Disaster in the making!
"You can keep your helper 1.9 hrs today".

Undertow

My guess is that if the ivory tower refuses to allow RDO nationwide, the buildings and centers will, in desperation, start printing out manifests in RDO so that drivers can still function by working off of clipboards while keeping ODO in the DIAD.
It is physically impossible to follow any sort of ORION trace when the car is bricked out. It cannot be done. Having to have entire shelves bagged up and brought out to us on area due to containment issues only adds to the utter futility of the concept.
At some point, Atlanta’s childish games and wishful thinking will have to be set aside so that we adults in the real world can actually get the packages delivered.
I only hope that happens early enough to prevent a catastrophe.
I can remember during that first week after Thanksgiving where they tried something similar to that here but Pal'd the resis as if there were two separate loads for the route so in the DIAD I'd have 2 separate 4000, 6000, etc., to sift through in the list. Absolute catastrophic mess. If they trot out another half baked thrown together at the last minute knee jerk response again this year, it could get even uglier by the end. We only had one day where the weather was what I would call an issue and yet it was nearly every day that either none of us could leave before 930 or even if we could leave anywhere around 9 we more often than not had to break off and meet for late air. Had there been merely one heavy accumulation of snow or worse an all day blizzard at any time during the last peak in the Midwest, there'd have been no remote hope of ever catching up even by New Year's Eve.

Undertow

"You can keep your helper 1.9 hrs today".
I disregarded every single one of those mandates handed to me. or worse sent to me thru the DIAD. Told them I was tired of trying to explain to helpers that complained about the hour it took to commute to and from the meet point why I could only keep them for 1.66 hours. The more they interfered with the incessant micromanaging, the more work that everybody just ended up having to bring back.