Weather Bags do you use them?

542thruNthru

The trials and tribulations of working in SoCal.:happy2:

It's horrible. I was so depressed today. I actually had a cloud following me!

20181207_113446.jpg

;) I bought a umbrella just in case

whenIgetthere

Those weather bags are a great way to reduce chargeable complaints regarding packages getting damaged by inclement weather. My domicile station has an auto-ship pallet of boxes of various size bags every week. We keep a decent surplus at any given time so we never run out.

I was part of a team sent to another station at the direction of the MD to help put out fires and noticed they didn't have any bags. They would get tons of complaints any time the weather was crappy due to boxes being left out in the elements. So I placed a massive order ($1500+) for bags, prompting the SRM of that station to blow a gasket and send me a nastygram decrying the hit to his budget. I replied (and cc'd the MD) that the station could eliminate most of it's complaints if it equipped the drivers with the tools they need to protect the packages... he did not reply and approved the order. :whiteflag:

Maybe you should email our express station with these concerns, they don't listen to our concerns. I try to keep the packages dry, if not, they go back out the next day.

TNT Frosty

man, we dont get weather bags here, just shrink wrap... but then again, if raining, we get told we can bring it back, but leave a note on the door saying why, and send a qualcomm message saying why and what the connote of the item is (so it saves your butt)

SmithBarney

I used a weather bag today... actually triple bagged it... Kept most of the smell in, until I found a dumpster.

Also FYI International Zipper Pouches are water tight, just keep them upright just in case.

Star B

White Lightening
because cardboard is absorbant?

Also, me being me, it seems that AMZN is using the same guns that we use for ROADS/SIPing.

BoxDriver

Chargeable complaint for moving the property owner's rock.

Also chargeable if the light package gets blown off the porch. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. More customers would appreciate the effort of protecting the package than would complain about moving the rock.

CJinx

Also chargeable if the light package gets blown off the porch. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. More customers would appreciate the effort of protecting the package than would complain about moving the rock.
I was just trying to be funny. :(

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Maybe it wasn’t raining when those were delivered?
I don't just leave stuff out in the weather, even if it's dry at the delivery time...

Well the forecast that day said rain later on. Wiff my area knowledge, I knew those customers won't be home until dark, so yeah.

I usually use the corner of the welcome mat to weigh it down, but Amazon DSPs already took their photo for that customer, so I won't touch it.

giphy.gif

Heh, it'll be my first complaint if they actually called it in for moving Patrick's home...

Whats in the Box

I have rural parts of my route that have closed front gates because of horses and dogs. If it's an envelope, I will use weather bag and tie to the front gate with it so it won't it blow away from wind.

I have rural parts of my route that have closed front gates because of horses and dogs. If it's an envelope, I will use weather bag and tie to the front gate with it so it won't it blow away from wind.
If you tie it to the gate, you are possibly advertising it to anybody driving by. Try just putting a rock on it so it doesn’t blow away.