Week one totals for the IBT presidential elections

...I learned my lesson about making bets here on Brown Cafe.

If I were a betting man, I would put good money on Hoffa being wildly bent out of shape about the low ballot returns from the West Coast, especially from California. With a warchest full of pirates gold to do robo calls, fancy glossy photos on high dollar mailers, the Hoffa-Hall camp are having to send out the troops to do door to door to get those ballots marked and back to the OES for counting.
VOTE GEGARE-SHEARD 2011

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I were a betting man, I would put good money on Hoffa being wildly bent out of shape about the low ballot returns from the West Coast, especially from California. With a warchest full of pirates gold to do robo calls, fancy glossy photos on high dollar mailers, the Hoffa-Hall camp are having to send out the troops to do door to door to get those ballots marked and back to the OES for counting.
VOTE GEGARE-SHEARD 2011

Too late--Pope/Hall and the rest of the Hoffa/Hall slate.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Not if only 20,000 have voted thus far. I expect those numbers to decrease on a weekly basis. History showed in the west only 40,000 individuals voted and when I say the west that includes all locals and states on the west coast not just the state of California. Believe it or not the world is round not flat on the west coast so there are other states with locals. Jimmy might want to get his resume together if he is relying on the west coast to bail him out.

When the ballots are counted and HOFFA wins re election, I hope you dig deep into your pockets to bail out sandy pope from her campaign debt, then file for bankruptcy. The water is circling the drain on the pope campaign and youre about to go down with it.

Maybe if your lucky, HOFFA will send a plummer out to snake you out of the pipes and redeem your credibility on union elections? Then again, maybe he'll leave you there with the other TDU-ers clogging the pipe system.

Peace.

mamirk69

When the ballots are counted and HOFFA wins re election, I hope you dig deep into your pockets to bail out sandy pope from her campaign debt, then file for bankruptcy. The water is circling the drain on the pope campaign and youre about to go down with it.

Maybe if your lucky, HOFFA will send a plummer out to snake you out of the pipes and redeem your credibility on union elections? Then again, maybe he'll leave you there with the other TDU-ers clogging the pipe system.

Peace.

I did not know I was TDU. That is a new one but to say I do not have any credibility on union elections is absurd but what I do not understand is your complete loyalty to a man that has sold our union out left and right. TOS you seem aware of the problems but seem to think the problems will solve themselves. What I cannot understand is how you think you have a pulse on the people based on your part of the woods. You actually spoke for the whole state of California and for that matter the whole west coast as though these individuals talk to you everyday on the west coast. Laughable.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I did not know I was TDU. That is a new one but to say I do not have any credibility on union elections is absurd but what I do not understand is your complete loyalty to a man that has sold our union out left and right. TOS you seem aware of the problems but seem to think the problems will solve themselves. What I cannot understand is how you think you have a pulse on the people based on your part of the woods. You actually spoke for the whole state of California and for that matter the whole west coast as though these individuals talk to you everyday on the west coast. Laughable.

I am closer to speaking for the west coast than you think. Do you think all our locals out here in the west or in our joint council (42) dont have meetings ourselves? You are a relative amatuer when it comes to national elections. You obviously have strong feelings against the current administration and seem to blame everything on them.

We on the other hand, dont feel the same way as we understand our best protection begins and ends with our local officers. We have the power to vote in or out the administrations that control our everyday lives.

If our BA's or officers blow a case, we dont blame HOFFA. Not all cases have merit, and we dont rely on the national contract to settle our cases. Your package rider is your best defense. You could put donald duck in office and if your package / sort rider is strong, it will protect you no matter who is in office.

I read all the complaints on this board and I see that many of them have WEAK riders and supplementals and they rely on the national contract. The national contract has a simple line of text that sez it all.

"no employee shall be deprived of superior language as contained in any rider, addendum or supplemental".

396 language is by FAR the strongest language in the country. Our package and sort rider is so strong, we RARELY refer to the national agreement.

Sure, there are problems everywhere, but thats the nature of the business. There has never been a time where there were no problems on a day to day basis. To believe that Sandy Pope will make UPS a Utopia to work for is beyond ridiculous.

Lets see, you said Hoffa "sold us out". Ok, lets put that to the test. Out here, I make $31.75 an hour straight time and $47.65 in overtime. Ive been over 100K for three straight years. My pension is in the black and showing a huge profit. I have all my benefits without any givebacks. All this is more than I was making in 2008.

In 2008. I was making 72K a year. If the company exceeds the 9.5 language, it cuts checks for triple time out here. The triple time is our "remedy" and there is no need to complain.

With all this in mind, tell me how I was sold out as a package driver?

Peace.

mamirk69

I am closer to speaking for the west coast than you think. Do you think all our locals out here in the west or in our joint council (42) dont have meetings ourselves? You are a relative amatuer when it comes to national elections. You obviously have strong feelings against the current administration and seem to blame everything on them.

We on the other hand, dont feel the same way as we understand our best protection begins and ends with our local officers. We have the power to vote in or out the administrations that control our everyday lives.

If our BA's or officers blow a case, we dont blame HOFFA. Not all cases have merit, and we dont rely on the national contract to settle our cases. Your package rider is your best defense. You could put donald duck in office and if your package / sort rider is strong, it will protect you no matter who is in office.

I read all the complaints on this board and I see that many of them have WEAK riders and supplementals and they rely on the national contract. The national contract has a simple line of text that sez it all.

"no employee shall be deprived of superior language as contained in any rider, addendum or supplemental".

396 language is by FAR the strongest language in the country. Our package and sort rider is so strong, we RARELY refer to the national agreement.

Sure, there are problems everywhere, but thats the nature of the business. There has never been a time where there were no problems on a day to day basis. To believe that Sandy Pope will make UPS a Utopia to work for is beyond ridiculous.

Lets see, you said Hoffa "sold us out". Ok, lets put that to the test. Out here, I make $31.75 an hour straight time and $47.65 in overtime. Ive been over 100K for three straight years. My pension is in the black and showing a huge profit. I have all my benefits without any givebacks. All this is more than I was making in 2008.

In 2008. I was making 72K a year. If the company exceeds the 9.5 language, it cuts checks for triple time out here. The triple time is our "remedy" and there is no need to complain.

With all this in mind, tell me how I was sold out as a package driver?

Peace.

It seems as though you are only thinking of yourself. When I say Hoffa sold us out I am thinking of the part timers, 22.3's, the central states employees, the package car drivers that do not have that iron clad language in their supplement and the strong grievances that were filed but dismissed because now is not the time according to hall. I never forgot where I came from as a UPser. It took me 10.5 years to finally become full time and I have been at UPS for 17. When I see piss poor language for the part timers, I quote we have a problem. When I see 9.5 language being abused by the company and believe me the company can give a rat ass about your supplement, I quote we have a problem. When those individuals in central states are about to lose their pensions, once again I say we have a problem.

You are the reason this union is in the situation that it is in now due to the lack of solidarity. Just because your local is peachy based on your great situation does not mean everyone else is ok. The UPS in California in your local has decided not to play hard ball according to you and that is it. UPS has ignored strong supplements, riders, and addendums throughout this country. If Atlanta says ignore your precious supplement then guess what management will. Then what??? Yeah you are a Hoffa supporter because you make the same excuses Hoffa makes. Supervisors working daily, I guess that does not go on in California or local 396 oh wait your supplement is strong enough to handle that situation. Jobs are being created at local 396 and not being eliminated, oh wait your supplement is strong enough to handle that.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It seems as though you are only thinking of yourself. When I say Hoffa sold us out I am thinking of the part timers, 22.3's, the central states employees, the package car drivers that do not have that iron clad language in their supplement and the strong grievances that were filed but dismissed because now is not the time according to hall. I never forgot where I came from as a UPser. It took me 10.5 years to finally become full time and I have been at UPS for 17. When I see piss poor language for the part timers, I quote we have a problem. When I see 9.5 language being abused by the company and believe me the company can give a rat ass about your supplement, I quote we have a problem. When those individuals in central states are about to lose their pensions, once again I say we have a problem.

You are the reason this union is in the situation that it is in now due to the lack of solidarity. Just because your local is peachy based on your great situation does not mean everyone else is ok. The UPS in California in your local has decided not to play hard ball according to you and that is it. UPS has ignored strong supplements, riders, and addendums throughout this country. If Atlanta says ignore your precious supplement then guess what management will. Then what??? Yeah you are a Hoffa supporter because you make the same excuses Hoffa makes. Supervisors working daily, I guess that does not go on in California or local 396 oh wait your supplement is strong enough to handle that situation. Jobs are being created at local 396 and not being eliminated, oh wait your supplement is strong enough to handle that.

MIM,

I think your final conclusions are a bit twisted. This rambling fist waving nonsense you just posted is the reason your local is weak. Its clear that you dont understand how the negotiation process works. From what you state, it appears you believe HOFFA negotiates your riders, supplements and addendums, and this just isnt the case.

YOUR LOCAL officers and their negotiating committees negotiate your rider, supplements and addendums, not HOFFA.

If your part timers are getting the shaft at your hub, then blame your LOCAL. If the company is forcing extreme overtime and its not paying triple time to your drivers, then blame your LOCAL. With 22.3 jobs, yes , the international failed in this regard and needs to address 22.3 again in 2012.

Why do you continue to give your local a free pass with respect to contract enforcement? How is it that you seem to place blame on HOFFA for your local issues? Why do you think they use the word "LOCAL" in front of the numeric reference to your union?

Your problems are local problems that need to be solved by your LOCAL representatives. Your package and sort riders are the most important components to your local issues, not the national contract. Your supplemental and addendums can provide additional protections and that rests with your local officers. If you want to BITCH about protections, then you need to pound on the doors of your local office and demand inprovements to your local language.

Yelling at HOFFA for your problems is silly and childish.

You are spending your energies in the wrong place, but that is what happens with "mob" mentality. TDU gets its members all worked up with bad information and they stand at the gate shaking their fists without the first clue on how to solve their problems.

Our part timers are well paid and taken care of, and thats not to say we dont have issues. Our issues are handled quickly and grievances paid. I agree 22.3 is a major problem and needs to be fixed with solid language.

To say that HOFFA is responsible for your daily problems is simply not true. I hope you take the time to lower your fist and educate yourself on the negotiation process. Take the time to go online and look up our 396 package/sort rider and compare that to your riders and then ASK that your local "MIRROR" what we have. Learn whats really important and what isnt. Take the time to educate your fellow teamsters on contract protections.

Simply yelling at HOFFA makes you sound, well, really juvenile.

Peace.

Evil

It impresses me how you only care about yourself. $31.75 an hour? How many UPSers make top rate? It seems you only care about the 30% of the UPS workforce. According to you...the hell with the 70% of the UPS work force that busts their back for a **** wage, right?

Why don't you walk around your hub and ask part-timers if they share your same views about Hoffa? Your head is buried in the sand.

mamirk69

MIM,

I think your final conclusions are a bit twisted. This rambling fist waving nonsense you just posted is the reason your local is weak. Its clear that you dont understand how the negotiation process works. From what you state, it appears you believe HOFFA negotiates your riders, supplements and addendums, and this just isnt the case.

YOUR LOCAL officers and their negotiating committees negotiate your rider, supplements and addendums, not HOFFA.

If your part timers are getting the shaft at your hub, then blame your LOCAL. If the company is forcing extreme overtime and its not paying triple time to your drivers, then blame your LOCAL. With 22.3 jobs, yes , the international failed in this regard and needs to address 22.3 again in 2012.

Why do you continue to give your local a free pass with respect to contract enforcement? How is it that you seem to place blame on HOFFA for your local issues? Why do you think they use the word "LOCAL" in front of the numeric reference to your union?

Your problems are local problems that need to be solved by your LOCAL representatives. Your package and sort riders are the most important components to your local issues, not the national contract. Your supplemental and addendums can provide additional protections and that rests with your local officers. If you want to BITCH about protections, then you need to pound on the doors of your local office and demand inprovements to your local language.

You are spending your energies in the wrong place, but that is what happens with "mob" mentality. TDU gets its members all worked up with bad information and they stand at the gate shaking their fists without the first clue on how to solve their problems.

Our part timers are well paid and taken care of, and thats not to say we dont have issues. Our issues are handled quickly and grievances paid. I agree 22.3 is a major problem and needs to be fixed with solid language.

To say that HOFFA is responsible for your daily problems is simply not true. I hope you take the time to lower your fist and educate yourself on the negotiation process. Take the time to go online and look up our 396 package/sort rider and compare that to your riders and then ASK that your local "MIRROR" what we have. Learn whats really important and what isnt. Take the time to educate your fellow teamsters on contract protections.

Peace.

Shaking my head over here. LOCALS can only do so much. LANGUAGE can be ignored and has been ignored. No one is waving the fist at Hoffa and holding picket lines at Hoffa house as you keep making the same programmed speech. Your answeres have become remedial to say the least. I notice you skipped Central States and that disaster. I guess you and management are great friends. I see why you would like to help negotiate your next local contract with good reason. Probably a sweet route waiting in the wings and all the over time you want. Everyone has a plan and that plan is get someone in office that is in touch with the people. As to information, ask the IBT to put some out sometimes because I sure cannot get these panel decisions for some reason on the National. By the way do you not find it mysterious that all the cases on the National panel were settled in the union favor while for the past year they were either deadlocked, dismissed, or withdrawn. I guess the grievances were stronger now or their supplements, riders, and addendums and were mirrored by Local 396.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Shaking my head over here. LOCALS can only do so much. LANGUAGE can be ignored and has been ignored. No one is waving the fist at Hoffa and holding picket lines at Hoffa house as you keep making the same programmed speech. Your answeres have become remedial to say the least. I notice you skipped Central States and that disaster. I guess you and management are great friends. I see why you would like to help negotiate your next local contract with good reason. Probably a sweet route waiting in the wings and all the over time you want. Everyone has a plan and that plan is get someone in office that is in touch with the people. As to information, ask the IBT to put some out sometimes because I sure cannot get these panel decisions for some reason on the National. By the way do you not find it mysterious that all the cases on the National panel were settled in the union favor while for the past year they were either deadlocked, dismissed, or withdrawn. I guess the grievances were stronger now or their supplements, riders, and addendums and were mirrored by Local 396.

The problem you have is that you speak in jibberish. The kind of jibberish that gets you nowhere. If you are in a hub, and the company is ignoring the language and blatantly violating the contract, then the problem is your LOCAL. How much more clear do you need to hear that?

What do you expect? Do you expect HOFFA to come and personally handle your grievances?

Get serious. By your own admission, the language in your area is being ignored. That says something really simple, YOUR LOCAL IS WEAK, and if they are TDU, then that would explain it.

You say you want info from the IBT? Ok, write a letter to hall, ask him for the decisions. He will send it to you if you prepare you letter in a professional manner stating your reasons for your request. The information from those panels are private between the grieved and the company and if you are not involved, it would be a little irregular for you to make such a demand.

You can speak sarcastically all you want. That doesnt bother me at all. I dont work in a chaotic environment as you suggest that you do. You say that locals can only do so much? But are you serious? Why do you think you pay them dues? They are responsible for 100% of your working environment.

Weak locals produce victims, and those victims are then convinced to blame the international as a distraction. Out here, we have language in addendum 2 of our package rider defining discipline. There are only 7 cardinal sins that an employee can be walked out on, everything else falls into a progressive discipline system. Verbal, he said, I said, Warning pink, Suspension, termination.

Is this a system you would enjoy in your area?

What about paying for packages or facing discipline? We DONT PAY FOR Crap out here and we dont get disciplined for lost packages. DO YOU?

You know, you have a choice, you can either make a difference by holding your local responsible for failure to enforce local language or you can be like one of those Palestinian rock throwers tossing rocks at Tanks and heavily armed soldiers.

You choose.

Peace.

804brown

Peace.

Fist raisers of the world unite!!

mamirk69

MIM,

Peace.

Your language is no different than mine and my supplement is stronger than yours and I am in the 8th largest hub on the east coast by the way. There is nothing juvenile with my response you are just diselusional that is all. There is no jiberish just facts that you cannot comprehend or just willing to ignore. I have seen your kind in my building time and time and over and over again. A complete snob that will turn his noise up at people because they want to be a wanna be elitest. Never filed a grievance for anyone outside of yourself. TDU is your escape from a conversation and I am not even TDU. I do not have a problem with TDU and I cannot see why do you. They have a right to their opinion and give pertinent information that our union see as CIA information. Get a grip on reality.