Welcome to Stupid Saturday

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I'm worn out. I'm doing them a favor by not working today

Not working either. Wife and I had to catch a late late flight Friday night to be in NYC for her company xmas party and we literally have to fly out super early Sunday morning.

The cool thing is though we had enough AMEX points for upgrades both on the flight and hotel. Pretty much paid for it all.

It's really cold here btw

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Won't go in today, Saturday, went in last Saturday, ALOT of us did, our reward was seasonal drivers getting sent home and routes being cut on Monday because volume was down. Amazed they asked us again.

We have worked every Saturday since BF and they have kept the same number of runs on road each of the following Mondays with no one sent home.

onewithedd

Where I am we are not allowed to work over 12 punch to punch. Everything that doesn't get done gets EC'd. Not sure why the 12 hour, but they are holding us to it.

Yesterday it was sub zero, -30 wind chill blizzard like weather 7 inches of snow near zero visibility and we're out trying to deliver in it getting nowhere and yet they talk about safety and how no pkg is worth an injury or accident. Yet we EC hundreds a day while the weather was decent and when it sucks we are struggling in unsafe conditions to do 15 stops an hour.

I left my pkg car on all day defroster on as high as it would go, but could not keep the windshield clean. Ridiculous!!

ManInBrown

Won't go in today, Saturday, went in last Saturday, ALOT of us did, our reward was seasonal drivers getting sent home and routes being cut on Monday because volume was down. Amazed they asked us again.
Isn't it amazing? They beg me every week to come in that Saturday. Haven't worked one this year or last year. A twenty year driver in my loop decided this peak he would work Saturdays. He was promised no work on Monday that wasn't his, would be put on his truck.
Monday night around 6:30 pm when he's almost done, he gets the green light of death to go help someone. We had a good laugh about it on Tuesday when he told me. I told him " I told you not to work Saturdays"

I love how they threaten you with the "you'll be buried Monday if you don't come in" I couldn't care less. I'll happily work 14 hours and enjoy my weekend

And the amazing thing is, all the high seniority drivers that fall for it, and get nervous and come in Saturday. Really? How long have you been doing this? Who cares if you have to work 14 on Monday. Are you afraid of the dark?

H

harley vulkrie

My job in the hub today (today was mandatory): Washing the windshields of the salt covered "package cars"! Wonder if the drivers will tip me come Christmas time for my splendid dedication to smearing the road salt all over???? When I asked if I could take my mandated 10 minute break they refused SO.........

....... I ducked out early and went to my "real job"! The Real Job where I make $40 an hour NOT $11. Enjoy Boyz! It's PEAK and UPS is clueless!!!!! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. It happens regularly at UPS and it's awesome.....just full blown giant long laughs.....I feel sooooo good afterwards!!!!!

AlliSeeisBrown

Are you afraid of the dark?

Yes. Low hanging limbs that come out of nowhere frighten me.

They've told me to show up every Saturday for the past three weeks. The first two, I was sent home immediately when they fully knew the day before that I had 2 hours left. Today, they tried to send me home again after forcing me to show up and I told them that wasn't going to fly. I'll drive for three hours, or help as long as they need me or even unload. Personally don't mind working Saturdays especially at OT pay, but I;m sick of driving to the hub to get sent home.

H

harley vulkrie

Oh and SO, SO, SO many people have quit.....it's hilarious!!!! They're so much smarter than all of us!!!!!:villagewrong:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Where I am we are not allowed to work over 12 punch to punch. Everything that doesn't get done gets EC'd. Not sure why the 12 hour, but they are holding us to it.

Yesterday it was sub zero, -30 wind chill blizzard like weather 7 inches of snow near zero visibility and we're out trying to deliver in it getting nowhere and yet they talk about safety and how no pkg is worth an injury or accident. Yet we EC hundreds a day while the weather was decent and when it sucks we are struggling in unsafe conditions to do 15 stops an hour.

I left my pkg car on all day defroster on as high as it would go, but could not keep the windshield clean. Ridiculous!!

Why would you falsify records by sheeting packages EC during good weather?