Welcome to Stupid Saturday

onewithedd

Why would you falsify records by sheeting packages EC during good weather?
That's a good question!! "Work as directed" that's what I was told. When I tried to argue I was threatened with insubordination. we don't actually sheet them on our DIAD they batch scan them with hand helds. It's pure BS.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I worked 3 hours today and came back to the building with more packages than I left with and I only picked up 4 boxes total. All the advanced volume of businesses were mostly closed lol.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
235 stops, did 40ish, worked my limit of 6, went home. Would have been more productive but dispatching errors along with trailer pulling, sprinkle in a bulked out 800 is a recipe for fail.

35years

Gravy route
They can't force you to work a 6th punch.

Would you like to clarify that statement?
Or do want to mislead the new guys into doing something they can be disciplined for?

If they tell you you are forced, and they force from the bottom up, you can be disciplined if you do not show up and do not call.

I believe there are only a few locals who have language in their supplements where a 6th punch can not be forced.

Telling drivers they have contractual rights which do not exist is as bad as Upstate telling drivers they don't have the rights which are clearly spelled out in the contract.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I worked today for the third Saturday in a row, I had eleven hours available. It was an easy day, I ran 154 and got the last one off by 3:30. We were running Saturday Air and Monday ground. Monday we will advance some Tuesday loads to absorb some of the shock from Peak Day, which is Wednesday. My Center has been in good shape all peak, the other Center in my Hub has been a total disaster.

Box Ox

Work as directed?

Not when it comes to unsafe or dishonest. Sorta like releasing a package on the edge of the property instead of sheeting it NI when there's an angry dog at the door. You can do it the right way and easily defend yourself when questions are asked, or expose yourself to a situation in which jobs are on the line and management has no recollection of what you're talking about. I choose option A.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's a good question!! "Work as directed" that's what I was told. When I tried to argue I was threatened with insubordination. we don't actually sheet them on our DIAD they batch scan them with hand helds. It's pure BS.
If it's not on your DIAD why the :censored3: do you care ... none of your business.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not when it comes to unsafe or dishonest. Sorta like releasing a package on the edge of the property instead of sheeting it NI when there's an angry dog at the door. You can do it the right way and easily defend yourself when questions are asked, or expose yourself to a situation in which jobs are on the line and management has no recollection of what you're talking about. I choose option A.
Or you can text your sup and let him/her make the decision by sending you directions in the DIAD.
Nobody cares what you think about the irregularity ... just get instructions in writing and follow directions.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And they actually send such self-incriminating requests on demand how often, exactly?
That's the point ...
If no instructions come back on the DIAD, then you sheet it up according to standard procedures.
This isn't rocket science.
I even did this as a manager ... no one I ever worked questioned my integrity ... my judgment many times, but not my integrity.
I'm not saying I am a real integrity led person but this is how you hold your bosses accountable and don't take the fall yourself.

Last edited: