Well....I had my local level hearing.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Easy rider teams up with Free rider?????

Maybe Klein and this guy can buy a van and travel the U.S.A and solve mysteries ,sort of like the Hardy boys or in the this case, the Hardly Working boys. Maybe in between solving mysteries , they can travel to where oil slicks have hit the shoreline and they can clean off the oil of some birds and then later have a chicken dinner and not even see the contradictions in their actions.
Klein, SOI (aka SOL) and Kramer, would make for a great sitcom.

SWORDFISH

Swordfish... I think we both agree on this.. I wasn't too clear in my post apparently. My point is if the supv asks you to take break later. He could have said No.. I'm taking break per the contract. He could have said yes. But to answer with an I'll see or a maybe is just dumb. Not wrong.. just dumb. Why provoke the person who is already clearly upset. Just say Yes or say No don't do the maybe we'll see stuff.

+1

SWORDFISH

You are being told this alot and you keep doing it. Your mind automatically does it like a routine. You admit fault and then you make an excuse. It takes away from the admission of being guilty. So next time someone says you did something wrong and you agree that it is the case the best thing you can do is just admit the fault and leave it at that. When you try and explain your side of why you did the wrong thing is the part where your making the excuse. For people listening it sounds like a justification for the wrong doing.

Re-Raise

Far right hand corner--quote + --- hit that for every post that you wish to quote---hit reply with quote for the post that you want to appear first in your post.

He does seem awfully familiar with this site (BBAG?).

Now would be the appropriate time for him to ask who is this "BBAG" that you speak of..... proving to us that it couldn't be him.

Actually his story kind of seems possible .. tragic .. but possible.

I don't think BBAG lasted long enough to ever have a supervised ride so it couldn't be him .. I think.

SWORDFISH

I dont think you should worry as much about losing these 2 cases as people are letting you believe. From the info I have gathered they have nothing. Not enough to terminate you but thats JMO. I have seen much worse that these things and people stay on board.
The first thing I would do if I were you is go the tractor store and get a letter from them that states that you guys were just exchanging friendly banter. This should help him lose some credibility which will add weight to your case. I once got fired for unnecessary backing. I was basically avoiding an area of the parking lot that the owner of the business did not want UPS trucks in and the only alternative was to back up to get turned around. My supes knew this but failed to acknoledge this and instead fired me. I went to the business owner and had him type out a letter backing me up. Well lets just say at the center level hearing when I pulled that gem out they looked very bad.
If I were you I wouldnt talk much at your center level hearing and even less at panel. The more you talk the more bullets you put in their guns. I would talk to your BA alot he should advise you.

SWORDFISH

Im going to assume that hes telling the truth. If its a 5yr old playing a joke then oh well. Im just doing this while I watch the Playoffs anyway so no big deal. :peaceful:

BrownArmy

I'll give the OP the benefit of the doubt as well...what's the point of making up a bull-chip story like this?

Truth is definitely stranger than fiction!

Just, you know, try paragraphs....

Sick of Intimidation

I haven't a clue who bbag is and why would anyone joke about having a stillborn baby and their best friend in the entire world dying? My father contracted an infection while on a fishing trip in Canada. By the time he arrived to the emergency room, they told him it was too late and that he had a terrible blood infection thus shutting down his kidneys. Miraculously, he survived and then the dr's told him if he'd waited 1 more day, there would've been no way to reverse the infection. His second trip to the hospital was a twisted vessel in his heart necessestating a stint.

There's more problems that I haven't mentioned in my personal life that involves my ex-wife that I just didn't wanna get into. She's been dealing with some tough times herself and it's been very difficult for our entire family. I'm not making this stuff up. Everyone who knows my current situation would tell you that i've been through a lifetime of BS in just a short time. I've always been pretty lucky in life but these past couple years are enough to put a man in his grave.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I dont think you should worry as much about losing these 2 cases as people are letting you believe. From the info I have gathered they have nothing. Not enough to terminate you but thats JMO. I have seen much worse that these things and people stay on board.
The first thing I would do if I were you is go the tractor store and get a letter from them that states that you guys were just exchanging friendly banter. This should help him lose some credibility which will add weight to your case. I once got fired for unnecessary backing. I was basically avoiding an area of the parking lot that the owner of the business did not want UPS trucks in and the only alternative was to back up to get turned around. My supes knew this but failed to acknoledge this and instead fired me. I went to the business owner and had him type out a letter backing me up. Well lets just say at the center level hearing when I pulled that gem out they looked very bad.
If I were you I wouldnt talk much at your center level hearing and even less at panel. The more you talk the more bullets you put in their guns. I would talk to your BA alot he should advise you.
What will get the OP fired is that he/she will end up running off at the mouth at panel. Probably make some joke about the way the Labor mngr looks or smells, is my guess.

I'll give the OP the benefit of the doubt as well...what's the point of making up a bull-chip story like this?

Truth is definitely stranger than fiction!

Just, you know, try paragraphs....
The OP has proven to be too stubborn to listen to its center manager, do you think telling it to use paragraph's will work?

P

pickup

I haven't a clue who bbag is and why would anyone joke about having a stillborn baby and their best friend in the entire world dying? My father contracted an infection while on a fishing trip in Canada. By the time he arrived to the emergency room, they told him it was too late and that he had a terrible blood infection thus shutting down his kidneys. Miraculously, he survived and then the dr's told him if he'd waited 1 more day, there would've been no way to reverse the infection. His second trip to the hospital was a twisted vessel in his heart necessestating a stint.

There's more problems that I haven't mentioned in my personal life that involves my ex-wife that I just didn't wanna get into. She's been dealing with some tough times herself and it's been very difficult for our entire family. I'm not making this stuff up. Everyone who knows my current situation would tell you that i've been through a lifetime of BS in just a short time. I've always been pretty lucky in life but these past couple years are enough to put a man in his grave.

It's BBAG!

tieguy

Banned
Maybe you can hook up with klein! :wink2:

does appear to be a resemblence.

I have not said too much because it appears Sick has been pretty upfront about all events. His true calling may be as a novelist. he writes well and his retention and expression of details excellent.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I tried reading some of his manifesto, but quickly got bored. If I want this much drama, I'll sit with Mrs. STUG and watch Lifetime. The little snippet tha pickup just posted leads me to believe that the OP wants sympathy from the gallery.

Sick of Intimidation

does appear to be a resemblence.

I have not said too much because it appears Sick has been pretty upfront about all events. His true calling may be as a novelist. he writes well and his retention and expression of details excellent.

Lol, maybe, but i've got to learn to use paragraphs better!!

Dragon

Package Center Manager
SOI - you remind me of a young driver in my center - he can do the job but, he just cannot keep his mouth shut. He is on his last and final because he does not know when to shut up....

If you can re-tell the story you posted here at the panel, you more than likely will get your job back.

When you do get your job back. Do yourself a favor.

SHUT UP...

your center manager will eventually move on and things will get better for you both at work and in your personal life.

Last edited:
WOW, what a tuff crowd. Personally, I don't find this story so hard to believe. Granted, I think some of SOI's problems are self procured but not all of them. I have witnessed this kind of persecution before with other drivers. I have, myself, been the recipient of intimidation efforts, just not as many in a row.
In the good ole days, when ya got a center manager like this one, all ya had to do was wait them out and they would be gone (for whatever reason). Today, the mass movement of CMs is not a hopeful option.

atatbl

You are being told this alot and you keep doing it. Your mind automatically does it like a routine. You admit fault and then you make an excuse. It takes away from the admission of being guilty. So next time someone says you did something wrong and you agree that it is the case the best thing you can do is just admit the fault and leave it at that. When you try and explain your side of why you did the wrong thing is the part where your making the excuse. For people listening it sounds like a justification for the wrong doing.

This is some amazing stuff right here ^^^^^. And I mean that.