Western Pennsylvania April 6th VOTE

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The current offer is superior to the first offer, which IMO was good to begin with. The 2nd offer was absolute garbage, hence the OVERWHELMING NO vote. While your insinuation that there was some unethical behavior on the part of my Union officials is without merit, the simple fact is that they communicated the importance of participation to the membership, who responded appropriately. Just because you can't do that in your barn doesn't mean it can't be done elsewhere. Obviously, tomorrow's turnout will be significantly lower than the BS 2nd offer UPS tried to stick us with for a myriad of reasons. It will most likely pass because, as I mentioned, it is a good offer. The usual suspects here will proclaim that we folded, or that our Local made a backroom deal with the IBT, or... whatever. What matters to the members of Western PA is this - we stood our ground and got the best deal that we could've. Thank you to my Brothers & Sisters who stood in solidarity with us on this, you won't be forgotten. As for the :censored2:bags who only care for themselves & their ever important retro checks, and the naysayers who screamed that the 2nd offer should've been imposed on us, I feel for your families who have such a weak & powerless role model in their lives.
What improvements did you gain???

stray

What improvements did you gain???

In the first offer, we gave up time and a half (if we work on) on Black Friday in return for UPS paying the pension shortfall, rather than that money being deducted from our raises. In the new (3rd) offer, we retain that time and a half until the last year of the contract. Not a huge deal, but around $600 per full time employee. It is still a paid 8hr holiday and UPS is still paying the pension shortfall.

I'm sure everyone loves to hear the opinion of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about...

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
In the first offer, we gave up time and a half (if we work on) on Black Friday in return for UPS paying the 6% pension shortfall, rather than that money being deducted from our raises. In the new (3rd) offer, we retain that time and a half until the last year of the contract. Not a huge deal, but around $600 per full time employee. It is still a paid 8hr holiday.

I'm sure everyone loves to hear the opinion of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about...
You realize the vote is just set up to force the supplements through right, it really dont matter if it passes or not. The board cant force it through without a 3rd vote, after the 3rd vote they say implemented because it was bargined the best it could be. It is just a matter of which offer ups gives you after that

stray

You realize the vote is just set up to force the supplements through right, it really dont matter if it passes or not. The board cant force it through without a 3rd vote, after the 3rd vote they say implemented because it was bargined the best it could be. It is just a matter of which offer ups gives you after that

The vote is to approve or reject this supplement, like any other vote. Yes, both UPS and the IBT want these supplements done. Yes, if this is rejected they will most likely implement the 2nd offer and that is why I believe the membership will approve this deal. To my knowledge, all of the Locals in Western PA are supporting this offer.

The vote is to approve or reject this supplement, like any other vote. Yes, both UPS and the IBT want these supplements done. Yes, if this is rejected they will most likely implement the 2nd offer and that is why I believe the membership will approve this deal. To my knowledge, all of the Locals in Western PA are supporting this offer.
Only because the IBT has a motion on the table to implement the second contract

542thruNthru

In the first offer, we gave up time and a half (if we work on) on Black Friday in return for UPS paying the pension shortfall, rather than that money being deducted from our raises. In the new (3rd) offer, we retain that time and a half until the last year of the contract. Not a huge deal, but around $600 per full time employee. It is still a paid 8hr holiday and UPS is still paying the pension shortfall.

So after the 4th year that's $600 a FT employee per year they are losing when black Friday goes away. That's a lot of money lost that you'll never get back ever.

I'm not try to judge but it sounds like the unborn/soon to be FT are getting screwed again.

It sucks that it's either accept this offer or have the bad one imposed on you.

Jkloc420

So after the 4th year that's $600 a FT employee per year they are losing when black Friday goes away. That's a lot of money lost that you'll never get back ever.

I'm not try to judge but it sounds like the unborn/soon to be FT are getting screwed again.

Id take the pension deal

stray

Only because the IBT has a motion on the table to implement the second contract

????????

Bottom line is this:

Our 3rd offer is the best we've received and it will most likely pass. You two can conjure up whatever theories you'd like but by voting down the two prior offers, we've negotiated a better deal for ourselves. Why does that upset you?

Jkloc420

????????

Bottom line is this:

Our 3rd offer is the best we've received and it will most likely pass. You two can conjure up whatever theories you'd like but by voting down the two prior offers, we've negotiated a better deal for ourselves. Why does that upset you?
I dont care what you guys pass, my point is it is going to be implemented anyways regardless what you got or did not

stray

No. I wish my time and a half for one day was $600. By the end of the contract, it will be around $160/year.

stray

No. I wish my time and a half for one day was $600. By the end of the contract, it will be around $160/year.

In regards to the money UPS is paying, rather than us losing it from our hourly wages, we will see an additional $1100+/year by the time we lose that $160 for Black Friday (based on a 50 hour workweek).

stray

????????

Bottom line is this:

If you believe that...

Well, I believe the earth is round, there is no Santa Claus and...

... this offer is better than the first two. If you have evidence to the contrary, please share with the class...

CoffeeStainedUniform

...While your insinuation that there was some unethical behavior on the part of my Union officials is without merit. ... Western PA is this - we stood our ground
Thank you for taking the time to set me straight. Also for your well thought out opinions. I got caught trying to see what could have been the motivation for the actions taken by IBT, and spewed out an unfounded theory.

Why do you think they're having it at the hall and requiring the meeting in order to vote?

GiveMeAttention

As for the :censored2:bags who only care for themselves & their ever important retro checks, and the naysayers who screamed that the 2nd offer should've been imposed on us, I feel for your families who have such a weak & powerless role model in their lives

And I feel sorry for your family because they have to deal with the fact that you work at UPS and that you are a complete disappointment and will never be anything better than that :lol::lol::laugh::laugh: