Western Pennsylvania April 6th VOTE

GiveMeAttention

Yeah.

The fallacy with your conclusion.... is I'm verifiable.

Other long term members of BrownCafe, know who I am.

My verifiable teamster brother. You have disappointed me by telling me that I need to go to my local union to get them to explain how the new contract will benefit a part time package handler like me.

I did not ask my local union, I asked you my verifiable teamster brother :sad-little:

MoarTape

Actually, it says "all terms of the first tentative agreement will be included". Then, line 1 says the July 2018 MOU on 4/10s will also be included, as well as the other terms described in lines 2 & 3. It is an improvement over the 1st offer and FAR superior to the 2nd offer.

I think you're missing the "except as follows" part.

derrick

i hope it gets voted down. plus we need to start promoting president voting so everyone knows when to vote to get him out of office.

542thruNthru

Anyone care to wager, what the voting % will be for the Western Pa vote tomorrow ?

I'm guessing 61% vote and it passes with a Yes.

The reason I think that is because they will be told that if this contract doesn't pass they may have the last offer imposed.

Which we know will happen because the IBT will not go on strike for about 3,000 members (total members that voted No in WPA and 243).

stray

I think you're missing the "except as follows" part.
Screenshot_20190403-182822_Facebook.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190403-182814_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190403-182814_Facebook.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 91

stray

Low, an education class plus a drive to a center. I doubt they'll get more than 20% and I bet they wont get the 2/3 majority 'no' vote. I wonder if union officials were going along the belt and 'helping' the part timers to vote in order to get the 88% turnout the first time.

The current offer is superior to the first offer, which IMO was good to begin with. The 2nd offer was absolute garbage, hence the OVERWHELMING NO vote. While your insinuation that there was some unethical behavior on the part of my Union officials is without merit, the simple fact is that they communicated the importance of participation to the membership, who responded appropriately. Just because you can't do that in your barn doesn't mean it can't be done elsewhere. Obviously, tomorrow's turnout will be significantly lower than the BS 2nd offer UPS tried to stick us with for a myriad of reasons. It will most likely pass because, as I mentioned, it is a good offer. The usual suspects here will proclaim that we folded, or that our Local made a backroom deal with the IBT, or... whatever. What matters to the members of Western PA is this - we stood our ground and got the best deal that we could've. Thank you to my Brothers & Sisters who stood in solidarity with us on this, you won't be forgotten. As for the :censored2:bags who only care for themselves & their ever important retro checks, and the naysayers who screamed that the 2nd offer should've been imposed on us, I feel for your families who have such a weak & powerless role model in their lives.