Western Pennsylvania April 6th VOTE

stray

Thank you for taking the time to set me straight. Also for your well thought out opinions. I got caught trying to see what could have been the motivation for the actions taken by IBT, and spewed out an unfounded theory.

Why do you think they're having it at the hall and requiring the meeting in order to vote?

No worries, my friend - sorry if I came across bitter. It is actually at a community college nearby (less than 10 minutes from our hub). Our hall isn't large enough to accommodate a large turnout, we often rent a local fire hall for proposal meetings, contract explanations, etc. I do not deny that there is likely an agenda to discourage the high turnout that we saw on the last vote. However my opinion is that, there are some things in life that we have NO control over, and that sucks. This, we do have control over and, if it matters to you, you will show up and vote. I have heard every excuse and complaint, some of which are valid like those who work Saturday, whether for UPS or somewhere else. We have employees on house arrest who are permitted to go to UPS M-friend but will not be permitted to make it to vote tomorrow, that's on them. Others have a variety of excuses but I find it interesting that many of these people still find the time to call or text me after every monthly meeting they can never attend, tomorrow will be no exception. I drive an hour to my hub and will drive that far tomorrow to vote, and will be staying half of the day to be an observer. Also, there is some confusion regarding the meeting prior to voting. These will be held every two hours, but will not take two hours. They will read the proposed changes, answer any questions, then members can vote - should only take 15 minutes or so, depending on how many questions/comments there are.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I literally am the hardest worker on my belt. And no, i'm not gonna get my check and quit. I'm gonna get the free money that UPS offers for school, pay for my next college semester, and THEN quit.
Good luck to you. No need to put people at this job down. Many people raise a family, have nice houses, and take good vacations with their kids, then put them through college with this job.

MyTripisCut

No worries, my friend - sorry if I came across bitter. It is actually at a community college nearby (less than 10 minutes from our hub). Our hall isn't large enough to accommodate a large turnout, we often rent a local fire hall for proposal meetings, contract explanations, etc. I do not deny that there is likely an agenda to discourage the high turnout that we saw on the last vote. However my opinion is that, there are some things in life that we have NO control over, and that sucks. This, we do have control over and, if it matters to you, you will show up and vote. I have heard every excuse and complaint, some of which are valid like those who work Saturday, whether for UPS or somewhere else. We have employees on house arrest who are permitted to go to UPS M-friend but will not be permitted to make it to vote tomorrow, that's on them. Others have a variety of excuses but I find it interesting that many of these people still find the time to call or text me after every monthly meeting they can never attend, tomorrow will be no exception. I drive an hour to my hub and will drive that far tomorrow to vote, and will be staying half of the day to be an observer. Also, there is some confusion regarding the meeting prior to voting. These will be held every two hours, but will not take two hours. They will read the proposed changes, answer any questions, then members can vote - should only take 15 minutes or so, depending on how many questions/comments there are.
You mentioned (I think it was you) that your feeder department was getting mostly switched to four tens. Was this addressed? (If I’m remembering correctly).

GiveMeAttention

Good luck to you. No need to put people at this job down. Many people raise a family, have nice houses, and take good vacations with their kids, then put them through college with this job.

I'm not putting anyone down except for the guy that was talking trash about those people that are only here for the short term like me.

Those that made the conscious decision to break down their bodies day in and day out for their kids and family are NOT who i'm talking about.

I was specifically talking about that ONE guy.

stray

You mentioned (I think it was you) that your feeder department was getting mostly switched to four tens. Was this addressed? (If I’m remembering correctly).

The MOU that we have limits the 4/10s to 15% of the bid jobs. They cannot convert any current bid job to a 4/10. When a cover driver is called in for a 4/10 run, he is paid OT after his 8th hour. Our Local must approve all 4/10 jobs. No over lapping weekends on a 4/10 (no Sat & Sun worked) without consent of the Local. Personal, sick, funeral leave, jury duty and holidays will all be paid 10 hours instead of 8.

GiveMeAttention

And people like @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U can shop at good upscale stores like @aldis..... @Future can take @Deb out for dinner, dancing and michelob lights afterwards.... that’s not a cheap date

That's interesting.

This is a whole nother topic but: is getting married in this day and age worth it though? I mean, for the guy, the deal kinda sucks. You gotta pay for kids, wife, everything.

And if she decides to leave you she takes half your :censored2:. What kind of deal is that?

MyTripisCut

That's interesting.

This is a whole nother topic but: is getting married in this day and age worth it though? I mean, for the guy, the deal kinda sucks. You gotta pay for kids, wife, everything.

And if she decides to leave you she takes half your :censored2:. What kind of deal is that?
Find the right woman or person(whatever you’re into). It takes work to make things go well. It also helps, if while you’re young, you bang everything that moves! But be responsible.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The MOU that we have limits the 4/10s to 15% of the bid jobs. They cannot convert any current bid job to a 4/10. When a cover driver is called in for a 4/10 run, he is paid OT after his 8th hour. Our Local must approve all 4/10 jobs. No over lapping weekends on a 4/10 (no Sat & Sun worked) without consent of the Local. Personal, sick, funeral leave, jury duty and holidays will all be paid 10 hours instead of 8.
Are these 4/10’s mileage runs and sleepers or extra work???

GiveMeAttention

Find the right woman or person(whatever you’re into). It takes work to make things go well. It also helps, if while you’re young, you bang everything that moves! But be responsible.

I'm dead serious when I ask this: Lets say I meet someone in the future and we date for a while and I decide I wanna marry this girl. You think she would be willing to sign a legal agreement saying that in the event of a divorce she gets nothing?

stray

And I feel sorry for your family because they have to deal with the fact that you work at UPS and that you are a complete disappointment and will never be anything better than that :lol::lol::laugh::laugh:

I'm not putting anyone down except for the guy that was talking trash about those people that are only here for the short term like me.

Those that made the conscious decision to break down their bodies day in and day out for their kids and family are NOT who i'm talking about.

I was specifically talking about that ONE guy.

I am that ONE guy who you quoted, but I never "talked trash" about someone working at UPS short term. Both of my kids were put through college and grad school on my income. My house and vehicles are paid for. While I never intended to drive a truck for a living, the income potential was enough to convince me to go full time after a decade PT while working another full time job. Whatever your long term plans are, that's your business and not mine. What you quoted from me was my disdain for the "individuals" here that only care about getting their retro checks or seeing this contract rammed down anyone's throats.

MyTripisCut

I'm dead serious when I ask this: Lets say I meet someone in the future and we date for a while and I decide I wanna marry this girl. You think she would be willing to sign a legal agreement saying that in the event of a divorce she gets nothing?
What if she makes more than you? If she pulls 250-300 K a year, are you gonna sign the same thing?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That's interesting.

I feel like you have to date for quite a while before you know to take it to the next step of marriage... and grandma might not like this answer but I think you should live with someone you might be serious about....you really start to know someone when you are sharing a bathroom, a fridge, a bed....I agree with 542 about dating a lot of people but you don’t necessarily have to get in all of their pants.... I read where std’s are on the rise because of these new hookup and dating apps.... you don’t want to get hepatitis c or hiv.....it happens...