Western Pennsylvania April 6th VOTE

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Is this rhetorical?

This is done to make the numbers less. Us Union UPSERS have places to be and go on a weekend, outside of the hub, families to take out and about. It's Spring, little league games are starting.

The vote is being held on Paper, on a Saturday, 30 minutes from the workplace, to deter union workers from voting.

Clear enough?
This is where they show the company they're serious about the no vote. I support the locals fighting for what is fair and best for their members. Isn't that the whole point of the union? They're screwing them no lube style but I hope they show up in mass numbers. At some point the teamsters need to wake up and remind ups we are the company not them.

Crosscutters

So what's the problem ?

You get a personal explanation from the IBT General Secretary-Treasurer,

prior to voting.... was there something else you needed ?
Come on now. You know the only reason for a week notice for a teamster to have to show up to vote on a contract is that the ibt knows it will not pass any other way. You may have nothing else in life to enjoy, but for most teamsters They do. It’s just not feasible for many reasons for someone to drive an hour or more and stay for a two hour meeting to vote with little notice. I don’t care what the reason is not to vote, your daughters wedding, a family members death, a child’s event, or whatever. The bottom line is this is voter surpression in hopes to meet a threshold enabling the union to force the contract on its members.
Obviously you know this and just want to defend. The union. At the end of all of this I just don’t know what’s worse. Not trusting the company whom pays me to work? Or, not trusting the union. The one that I pay so these type issues do not happen.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I was actually thinking that was a strong possibility myself. It was 96% and 88% NO last time around, after all. I'm really, really hoping this is what happens, and Hawfa and Traitor end up sucking eggs for this bull:censored2: scheme.

I was actually thinking that was a strong possibility myself. It was 96% and 88% NO last time around, after all. I'm really, really hoping this is what happens, and Hawfa and Traitor end up sucking eggs for this bull:censored2: scheme.

It's shameful how they have sold us out. We are 27% of the teamsters and let's face it we are UPS. To see them bend us over and shove it in like this is just sad. I hope whoever we replace Hoffa with comes equipped with brass balls and a back bone. Can that be a campaign slogan?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You may have nothing else in life to enjoy, but for most teamsters They do. It’s just not feasible for many reasons for someone to drive an hour or more and stay for a two hour meeting to vote with little notice.

Here come all the excuses....

You know the only reason for a week notice for a teamster to have to show up to vote on a contract is that the ibt knows it will not pass any other way.

Do you remember signing a petition, requesting the IBT to send the negotiating

committee back to the table for further negotiations ? You got your wish.

Now that the negotiations are complete.... you want to complain about the terms,

conditions, and location of the vote ?

People that want to be involved, will take the time to do so.

I'm really, really hoping this is what happens, and Hawfa and Traitor end up sucking eggs for this bull:censored2: scheme.

Talk about a BS scheme;

If you take the time, to ask fellow members to sign petition's and then send copies

to the General President, the IBT Executive Board, Package Director Denis T,

and Joint Council 40....

Why would someone be so chicken, as not to include their name in the

return address ? That is one BadAss Teamster there.

28qrfcl.jpg

2hq6s15.jpg

The effort some of the members have taken, to try and improve their Local

situation, is not lost on me. I'm kind of impressed.

But, don't complain about being "out maneuvered" by seasoned political veterans.

It would be one thing.... to voice your opinion and take action.... respectfully.

That didn't happen here.

-Bug-

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Does anyone have info on the latest offer? It doesn’t affect me, but I’m curious what the differences were from last offer.

It looks more in line like the first original offer, if it gets voted down the second offer with it's (enhancements) would be the first and final offer.

Not sure about the pension or health and welfare increases with the supplement, should it follow more in line with the Master's article 34 weekly contributions..Kind of confusing...