Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Quite honestly, what’s the point of having a union anymore? I’ve been asking that question to myself and to a handful of more senior drivers. They always have the same answer, “if they weren’t around you wouldn’t have a job, the company would fire you for anything they wanted to”. Since I’ve started I lost Saturday’s, my local just caved without even putting up a fight on this 70 hour work rule, and working Christmas Eve Sunday. Our stewards are in the pocket of management, they’ve stood at our PCMs next to our sups and repeated the same propaganda that management says. “For the survival of the company, blah blah blah”. Harassment is at an all time high, PVDs, zero protection, concessions, concessions and more concessions. What the :censored2: am I paying them for? What’s left to give away without getting anything in return? They have done nothing to instill loyalty or compassion to get the young guys like me behind them. I want a union, I think they’re crucial. I wish my co-workers spoke up. It’s not just management vs us, we need to keep our union in check too and throw out these useless wastes of space. My last straw will be this issue that I know will be addressed in the next contract, if UPS wants to go seven days a week as a cover driver if they expect me to be available an additional 104 days out of the year (Saturdays and Sundays) without any additional personal or sick days off, and give me one or two non consecutive random days off a week and the union okays it, I’m done with them. I come into work everyday expecting to get bent over the hood of my PC by management, I don’t expect the union to pat my sup on the shoulder and take their turn with me, but you know what? At least UPS pays me.
Vote them out, each and every one of them.

Box Ox

I left after a year there. It's one thing if you have some time in but if you're young with anything on the ball I'd get the hell out of dodge. The writing on the wall was crystal clear to me and as an old timer always told me "Get out before you get addicted to the money, it's not worth it anymore at this place."

@Wally should open an investigation into whether this “old timer” is actually a dirty Millenial. “Year-round peak this. My packages are 150 pounds that. Wah wah wah. An old timer would never complain!”

Heavy Package

The union could have UPS by the balls if it wanted to. Show me any cubicle dweller or local media reporter who could get into one of our Package Cars day in and day out and sweat their ass off doing what we do. Hell, most of the next generation wants nothing to do with "physical labor". I am looking at this next contract eyes to determine if it is worth staying or going as well.

Heavy Package

2 more points:

1. All of the hub labor on strike as well - That is some serious grunt work for peanuts. This has to be addressed.

2. The way UPS management treats both itself and Union employees is APPALING. This type of corporate culture died in the real world 20 years ago.

The Driver

I drive.
The union could have UPS by the balls if it wanted to. Show me any cubicle dweller or local media reporter who could get into one of our Package Cars day in and day out and sweat their ass off doing what we do. Hell, most of the next generation wants nothing to do with "physical labor". I am looking at this next contract eyes to determine if it is worth staying or going as well.

The people my age and younger don't want to work like we do. Hell, barely half the guys that actually do this job day in and day out want to do it.

Heavy Package

If we strike again, I could just see the reporter with makeup running all down her sweaty face reciting that 5-10 point commentary garbage. Like WTF? It's just a box with an address to deliver.

1aa70.gif

OrionsBitch

Not...
Don’t let the door hit ya,good luck in your future endeavors. (You will need it)

Who the friend is gonna pay a old man 100k a year and full benifits and pension and 401K to deliver cardboard with just a high school education.

Go friend yourself
So you think the union is doing an outstanding job? You're a fool. There is nothing wrong with asking more of your union and being pissed that they are in the pockets of UPS. And we don't make 100k....most drivers make around 70-80k....only pieces of :censored2: who drag their feet and steal time all day not doing an honest days work make 100k a year. People like that (you) are part of the reason the relationship is so bad between drivers and management.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
So you think the union is doing an outstanding job? You're a fool. There is nothing wrong with asking more of your union and being :censored2: that they are in the pockets of UPS. And we don't make 100k....most drivers make around 70-80k....only pieces of :censored2: who drag their feet and steal time all day not doing an honest days work make 100k a year. People like that (you) are part of the reason the relationship is so bad between drivers and management.
9C22F995-E543-45EA-AC12-C5B74BE78518.gif

Heavy Package

So you think the union is doing an outstanding job? You're a fool. There is nothing wrong with asking more of your union and being :censored2: that they are in the pockets of UPS. And we don't make 100k....most drivers make around 70-80k....only pieces of :censored2: who drag their feet and steal time all day not doing an honest days work make 100k a year. People like that (you) are part of the reason the relationship is so bad between drivers and management.

To be pissed at other drivers is anger misdirected. I work hard, don't run. and what did UPS do? Add,add,add,add,add work. If I have to help the same driver over and over again for BS reasons I discuss it 1-1 with him / her and escalate it from there.

Future

Victory Ride
To be :censored2: at other drivers is anger misdirected. I work hard, don't run. and what did UPS do? Add,add,add,add,add work. If I have to help the same driver over and over again for BS reasons I discuss it 1-1 with him / her and escalate it from there.
Sooooooo how many you taking off me later....?

OrionsBitch

Not...
To be :censored2: at other drivers is anger misdirected. I work hard, don't run. and what did UPS do? Add,add,add,add,add work. If I have to help the same driver over and over again for BS reasons I discuss it 1-1 with him / her and escalate it from there.
The guy I originally quoted was telling a driver to friend off because he was asking more of his union. The guy seemed to think that pay alone justifies any lack of action the union takes in issues. That was my point.