zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I was pretty upset about the four year progression happening right before I became a driver. Almost passed on the offer just because of it. Working out the numbers it's anywhere from a 30k to 100k hit to a new driver's bank account over 4 years depending on previous progression schedule you compare it to. The union has allowed the company to take almost the cost of a house away from me (in my part of the country). I started looking into how to go about getting a better union to represent us, since teamsters doesn't seem to care too much. I ultimately decided I should just do what I can to make the union better. Either strategy is probably a waste of time, but it's better than whining about it. Run for a trustee position in your local if you want to have any say over any part of contract negotiations. Stewards are only involved in contract enforcement, unless they are also trustees.

I will say that I couldn't attend our local's meetings as a part timer because I was on local sort, and my exposure to the union was limited, so I didn't have much of a clue about what was going on. New member outreach is likely an area where locals could improve.

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Hi. I got some nickles
B2F57D5E-4708-44BB-8BDF-C982BDAEFAB1.gif

Over 70

I left after a year there. It's one thing if you have some time in but if you're young with anything on the ball I'd get the hell out of dodge. The writing on the wall was crystal clear to me and as an old timer always told me "Get out before you get addicted to the money, it's not worth it anymore at this place."