What a difference experience makes as a driver

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why would a driver that has enough time in to retire have a route that must have been the worst in the building since nobody would sign the bid. Must have got extra "benefits" on it.

Our center if nobody bids rte, it goes to lowest seniority guy, that never happens though. Have had some guys 7+ yrs of utility drivers.
I am the highest seniority cover driver in my center. I want nothing to do with bidding most of the routes. I get to choose exactly what I run each week. Why would I bid a crap route?

barnyard

KTM rider
Have had some guys 7+ yrs of utility drivers.

I have been a utility guy for 11+ years. Sounds like there might be 2 retirements this winter. If I can bid one of those routes, I will, but if not, I am the highest seniority cover guy and bidding the easiest route available every week is really not that bad a gig.

kerbinator

I'm smelling bull city! What senior driver stays on a route like that?
And my reason for lying would be what exactly? I imagine he got stuck with it, and like someone said, could never be arsed to learn another one. My center has a ton of rural routes too, which don't appeal to everyone. Also, his house is on the route. Maybe he liked taking his lunch there, or making sure his wife wasn't cheating on him haha. I dunno, I'll ask him next time I deliver to him.