what are some things youre tired of?

QKRSTKR

Is the first job that you have ever had? Are you telling us that this is the worst place that you have ever worked? I worked in a Christmas bulb factory during the summer when I was going to college. We worked 12 hour shifts for minimum wage. Benefits? Yeah, right. It was nothing to see someone fired on the spot. Remember that strike in '97? You were probably still in high school. I worked construction during the strike. 46 of the hardest hours I had ever worked for the grand total of $253. Have you ever tried to do your job while wearing a chemical protection suit in 100+ degree temperatures, performed perimeter security at a C-141 crash site while others looked for body parts or refueled a B-52 in -68F windchill conditions?

Have things changed at UPS? Absolutely and these changes in part are why UPS continues to post record profits. Is the production push necessary? Yes but not to the degree that they are using it. I work in a small center where 9.5 is not just a number---we simply don't go over 9.5. I am not harassed on a daily basis. Our efforts are appreciated---we came to work two days this week to find water and Gatorade waiting for us. We work together to get the job done..

I guess I am being less than kind with you as I cannot fully appreciate the level of harassment and disrespect that you describe as that has not been my experience. For that I apologize. I do not apologize for saying that if you truly cannot handle the heat that you should quit and that there are at least a hundred who would be more than willing to fill your spot and that you would be forgotten within the week.

You seem to work in the only center that doesnt work over 9.5. Our center manager has no control. Our stops per car were so high last week our average paid day for the whole center was over 9.5. Talking 50 drivers. So how can OUR management team work us any less when theY AREN'T ALLOWED TO BREAK STOPS PER CAR? We can't talk to the people that are making the decisions. Who knows where they are even at. Maybe if others had what you have, they wouldn't be whining. When's the last time you had 11 hr dispatch. Oh that's right, your center doesn't go over 9.5.

I will agree the pay is good, the benefits are good, the hours suck. It's not the job. It's the hours. I get along with my mangament team and realized that throught this crap we are going through, they are in the boat with us. The job does provide real good for my family. They are worth the crap I deal with. We have good weekends together. We have the $$$ to do what we want. I've made more money this year than most households will make this whole year.

The reason you don't whine is cause it sounds like you have nothing to wine about. Just cause others do isn't a reason to tell them off the way you do.

http://youtu.be/jAfzMnjMHfc

This clip sums it up sometimes. It's how some feel sometimes.

This hurts to admit but I seem to be Upstate's only friend in this fight. My thoughts echo most of his.

I`m on Upstates side, at least his general ideas. No one is forcing us to stay. We ourselves are in one way or another. As I said I have things I`m tired of but they are also my choice.

Plus I don`t want to see Upstate attacked with a :censored2:. :funny:

I must be the contrarian....I'm anxiously awaiting this :censored2: event.......will it be shaped like a circus peanut??

I always knew you were kinky.

But as Upstate is a tiger it would have to be in the shape of a frosted flake, cheeto, or a gas nozzle. Based on how the oil companies treat us I think the gas nozzle would be most fitting.

Last edited:
Sorry its taken me so long to get back to this post but I was just down at the local Mickey Ds filling out my application.The reason it took me so long was I couldnt decide if I wanted to flip the burgers or work the fry station.But the manager there told me I didnt look like I could handle the heat in the kitchen so Im working the drinks station instead.Funny thing though,the manager had something stickin out of his butt and an "I LOVE NY" t-shirt on..................

trickpony1

What are you a friend---ing tough guy now?????? I would say it face to face. I bet there would be members on the brown cafe who would line up face to face with you and tell you off.

Be careful what you say.
Innerstate........OOPS!......I mean Upstate played the leading character in the movie "First Blood".
Rambo, John J.

helenofcalifornia

Wow! Upstate, none of your center drivers usually go over 9.5? If I was UPS, I would be looking for managerial changes there. Seems like some of the management there has not gotten the memo that the 80's are a thing of the past. They could probably cut at least 2-3 cars each day and be a more profitable center.

I thought all centers were being blasted the way we are. How many trucks move out each day from your center?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I always knew you were kinky.

But as Upstate is a tiger it would have to be in the shape of a frosted flake, cheeto, or a gas nozzle. Based on how the oil companies treat us I think the gas nozzle would be most fitting.

I do remember (or record)what people say and a long time ago, Upstate said circus peanuts were his favorite.......red hots his next favorite. The red hot might cause severe irritation, so I'm going with the circus peanut.

I do remember (or record)what people say and a long time ago, Upstate said circus peanuts were his favorite.......red hots his next favorite. The red hot might cause severe irritation, so I'm going with the circus peanut.

Hmmmm, bumpy and orange. Maybe.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Is the first job that you have ever had? Are you telling us that this is the worst place that you have ever worked? I worked in a Christmas bulb factory during the summer when I was going to college. We worked 12 hour shifts for minimum wage. Benefits? Yeah, right. It was nothing to see someone fired on the spot. Remember that strike in '97? You were probably still in high school. I worked construction during the strike. 46 of the hardest hours I had ever worked for the grand total of $253. Have you ever tried to do your job while wearing a chemical protection suit in 100+ degree temperatures, performed perimeter security at a C-141 crash site while others looked for body parts or refueled a B-52 in -68F windchill conditions?

Have things changed at UPS? Absolutely and these changes in part are why UPS continues to post record profits. Is the production push necessary? Yes but not to the degree that they are using it. I work in a small center where 9.5 is not just a number---we simply don't go over 9.5. I am not harassed on a daily basis. Our efforts are appreciated---we came to work two days this week to find water and Gatorade waiting for us. We work together to get the job done..

I guess I am being less than kind with you as I cannot fully appreciate the level of harassment and disrespect that you describe as that has not been my experience. For that I apologize. I do not apologize for saying that if you truly cannot handle the heat that you should quit and that there are at least a hundred who would be more than willing to fill your spot and that you would be forgotten within the week.

I have been harassed in ways you will never understand. And, we have the same upper management. They have abused me with that fat ******* we call a BA sitting there allowing it.
They intentionally damaged me and others in my center. They couldn't get rid of us any other way.
No amount of money will fix the discs in my back. $30 an hour isn't anywhere enough for what they have INTENTIONALLY done to me
So, excuse me if I whine like a SCHOOL GIRL. Guess what? I was one, once.
Must be nice to have the few managers who actually care.

Last edited by a moderator:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Wow! Upstate, none of your center drivers usually go over 9.5? If I was UPS, I would be looking for managerial changes there. Seems like some of the management there has not gotten the memo that the 80's are a thing of the past. They could probably cut at least 2-3 cars each day and be a more profitable center.

I thought all centers were being blasted the way we are. How many trucks move out each day from your center?

I am two centers below him. Potsdam is in between. They run about 22-25. We run 26-32. Those numbers were higher a couple of years ago. We have a guy who was suppose to go full time after me. 2 years later, he is still waiting. Had a grievance that was agreed to, deal in place for his seniority date to be 3-31-10. Company went back and found ONE DAY that a route was cut, or something like that, and they reneged. One less full time job.

Gee. I wonder. Would he be allowed to whine?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Between 24 and 27. Our center manager is adamant about 9.5 We start at 9:15 (9 on Mondays) and I am punched out and gone by 18:15--it would be a few minutes earlier but I have to cover a mall dropbox (1800) because that driver is usually punched out and gone by 1630. My dispatch is usually right around 9 hours.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Tired of management wanting to know exactly where I am and what am I doing. Tell me what you want done, and then leave me alone to do it. If I need help, I will let you know the second after I know that I need help.