what are some things youre tired of?

tracker2762

Between 24 and 27. Our center manager is adamant about 9.5 We start at 9:15 (9 on Mondays) and I am punched out and gone by 18:15--it would be a few minutes earlier but I have to cover a mall dropbox (1800) because that driver is usually punched out and gone by 1630. My dispatch is usually right around 9 hours.

You are very fortunate to have such easy dispatches but that is not the norm, not in my center anyway. I'm sure if the op had the same he wouldn't have started this thread. Our dispatches average between 10.5 and 11.5 every day of the week and on Mondays and Fridays they're harder because of the add cuts with area's you've never been to before. Our center runs about 55 trips. There are drivers that get done early and make 2-3 hours bonus, more power to them. I can't do that and probably wouldn't if I could.
Last Monday they cut a route and divide it among four drivers. I was one of them. The average dispatch was 11.5 for all of us. Run the route and we all has nice days and get done at a reasonable time and still have 9.5 dispatches. The cut trip could have gotten work from some other over dispatched driver to make sure it had 9.5 on it. this is what I don't understand, are they really saving that much? This Monday I requested 8 hours and the route is running. I think I would be in heaven with a 9 hour dispatch or even 9 and a half everyday and wearing rose colored glasses. As for I whining about it whats the point, I get paid by the hour and a couple more years I get paroled, but I still shake my head and think why.

Re-Raise

People who open the door , apparently oblivious to their growling dog at their feet trying to get out and get a piece of the UPS man.

BrownArmy

People who open the door , apparently oblivious to their growling dog at their feet trying to get out and get a piece of the UPS man.

That happened to me last week...

I'm making a DR at the side door, and a young boy is looking at me through the screen door. Fido is beside himself trying to sink his teeth into me, barking like a freak (when this dog is out and I drive by, he runs the length of his invisible fence, screaming to the heavens - without the invisible fence I have no doubt he'd rush the truck).

I'm halfway up the eight yards to the side door, and the kid lets the dog out!

Thankfully the package was small and had a bit of weight to it, so I gave it a frisbee toss and ran like a beech while Fido set the land-speed record trying to get his maw around my retreating buttocks. I've not run so fast since my track days.

Thanks, kid.

I'm tired off classification seniority. I get punished for changing jobs by having a 10yr full-timer be able to pick a run and post
vacations (which most of the time is changed) before me and I have 25yrs full time and 5yrs part-time. Not right.

alexboy1

having to come back to the building to get pkgs that Icould not contain on my box truck
while the guy next to me is half empty

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Quit--there are at least a hundred willing to fill your spot and you will be forgotten within the week.

Those same hundred well then come here 2 complain about the same Legit thing.

I know the reality of what we're in but I think it's okay to vent....

Just let it out. We all have similar stress with these things.

Backlasher

I'm tired of Dish Network call tags in the ghetto were they will not answer the door and give up their non opretional dish stuff!

I'm tired of delivering Large Iregs like stair climbers, Air conditioners, etc and ghetto notices it expensive so lets return it. Call tag for that.

I'm tired of doing the same stuff, dealing with all these same issues, being held accountable for the unaccountable, etc.....

And being cheated out of my higher vaca cover driver rate and being used as "seasonal",

and when it all seems so busy and they can't have enough drivers and after I sweep the routes clean thinking I'm getting in earlier,

but then get pulled to take another 20 off a driver cause he overdispatched (No porblem I respect what u guys do and know u get a screwed split as did I),

Cover pick ups out of area cause the other guy got screwed with to many stops,

or I myself get slammed and need help. I humbly admit.

Busy, run, busy, To much work for us, we drivers all c we need more routes open,

Then BAMMM, It's Labor Day. Can't use u go back to part time cause we can't use another full timer on Pay roll cause then We can't keep paying u that $16.10 rate. Not in budget.

Who gets to do all that extra work I've been doing?? Lets split stuff off onto remaining drivers and hide a route. They like the over time, LOL.

Screw Em. If I find a decent 2nd job that does me right then they can find 1 of those hundreds on off the street and I'kk stick with the early morning BULL CRAP, till I can actually get Perminent Full time.

Couldn't use me under my vaca cover rate and give me the $18.45 pay. Keep using me as seasonal instead. Get to use a guy like me with all this area knowledge and fast feet for cheap.
Yea I'm sick of it 2. Time to hunt for that 2nd job Again, and I'm keeping it this time.

Oh, I forgot. There R 100's waiting to take my place. I'll shut up now. Wonder if those outsiders can do what I can next Peak, carry the same area knowledge, Diad and method Knowledge????

good luck with it.

Backlasher

Tired of hearing. I ve been waiting 4 u all day. Why didn't u deliver me when u was on my street this morning?

Tired of people stopping me to hand me a USPS pickup.

Tired of finding a bunch of SUREPOST STOPS THAT WEREN"T IN MY BOARD CAUSE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO B SENT TO THE POST OFFICE, so I deliver them and manually enter the extra stops in. LOL WHAT HAPPENED THERE DUDE.

Tired of people sitting around on porch yelling MAN, U got an EASY J>O>B> and make that $70,000 a year rich white boy.

DUDE, I'm a seasonal with half the pay.

TIRED of people asking me to get them in at UPS or ARE they hiring?
I laugh and say, nope, this is my last week Full time. I'm getting pushed back to part time on CALL, LOL, the jaws drop.

They say, You was a great guy and always prompt, fast and nice, not crabby like the others, why can't we keep u as our guy.

Don't worry, I'm stressed on the inside like the others, I just know how to put up a good presentation cause u are a good customer and I'm here to service you.

I'm gonna take advantage of this free time and what by the door till the kids come home and stalk them for a few wishing I had this time during summer vaca for them and after a week or so start scouting.

You that are Perm Full Time;

I salute you & give you all respect.

They expect alot and u do alot.

You put up with alot and DESERVE THE TOP RATE.

I speak these things and compliment you all cause I've known for a while now from experience what u go through and respect any complaint or rants that u might post!!!!!!!!

What burns me is how UPS BROADCASTS WEb & PAPER on what a driver makes a yr.

What gives them that right to stick u guys out there and all these ghetto towns eyeball u like u owe them and have it EASY.

That puts all drivers in a bad and awkward position. Some customers look down on us for that and think we r overpaid and that we should revolve around them.

Anyone notice this.

Last edited:

Backlasher

F_~~ing hillbillys. On my country route I'm so outnumbered.

Your 2 kewl to b a driver. Lol. glad u didn't quit the cafe bro.

I meant Hillbilly delux with u'r pick up truck.

I shoulda sported my cowboy UPS hat in my last ghetto run today.

I'm gonna Take that DISH NETWORK BOX NOW!! I'll pry it from your cold hands ghetto boy!!!! Don't make ME come here 3 days in a row 4 NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot to bring it in. CRAP!!!

working up a sweat

I work in an air hub loading A1's, A2's and L9's. L9's are midget cans and you will bump your head at least twice a week. Also those cheap overhead scanners that won't pick up the bar code read after 2 or 3 attempts. You get tossed into the weeds because you have type in the 1Z number manually. The hand scanners which I use loading trailers aren't the greatest but they pick up the scan better than the overheads.

Maybe it's you who needs to wake up.

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I never understood that quote, you see I have this thing called A/C and my kitchen is always at 76 degrees!! Oh and you're also saying that it is right for UPS management to badger you every day as part of getting a decent wage?? hmmm that IS a new one....interesting.