what are some things youre tired of?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Oh we know, they be splitting on us without fail, or they are loaded on where they are already ruined boxs and the loader did nothing to fix it, just loaded and sent out asap to be further split by 50lb boxs on top. Oh and I hate the busshels of paper with a lid held together by two bands.....split without fail for anything!
13 freaking cases of paper to the superior court today. 2 of them were the legal size paper (technically a case and a half). 4 trips in (I refuse to make the hand truck so heavy that I can't move it). 2 cases refused because they were wrong (imagine that-the 2 that were the legal size). Half of the cases were taped because they bands had broke. There are days when I really don't like customers very much. :biting:

old levi's

blank space
13 freaking cases of paper to the superior court today. 2 of them were the legal size paper (technically a case and a half). 4 trips in (I refuse to make the hand truck so heavy that I can't move it). 2 cases refused because they were wrong (imagine that-the 2 that were the legal size). Half of the cases were taped because they bands had broke. There are days when I really don't like customers very much. :biting:

I hate a paper stop. Every time you open the bulkhead door there it is; just waiting like the Grim Reaper!

OK, I'm calling BS on this one because you said the cases with the broken bands were taped. Loaders here don't tape anything! Where is kenmei when you need him?

goetface

usually because they are thinking of a good lie, or some sort of a diversion or just blank out like most and act like they dont hear you and walk off.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I hate a paper stop. Every time you open the bulkhead door there it is; just waiting like the Grim Reaper!

OK, I'm calling BS on this one because you said the cases with the broken bands were taped. Loaders here don't tape anything! Where is kenmei when you need him?
They were taped. Who taped them I can't say but I agree with you, our loaders don't tape unless they have no choice. :happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Acting as a customer service rep for Dish Network.
This is funny as I had an ODS pickup yesterday. When I got to the customers house he brought out a DISH box. Unfortunately the box had a FEDEX G label. The customer was pissed because he had called in for the pickup, gave our CSR the tracking number, and was charged $12+ for the pickup. Why is it that our own CSR's don't recognize tracking numbers that aren't ours. :dissapointed:

Re-Raise

This is funny as I had an ODS pickup yesterday. When I got to the customers house he brought out a DISH box. Unfortunately the box had a FEDEX G label. The customer was pissed because he had called in for the pickup, gave our CSR the tracking number, and was charged $12+ for the pickup. Why is it that our own CSR's don't recognize tracking numbers that aren't ours. :dissapointed:

Maybe the same reason they put the commit times for the on call at 15:00 even for residential pickups.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Maybe the same reason they put the commit times for the on call at 15:00 even for residential pickups.
You brought up another sore subject. Commit times. I've grown tired of fighting with the ctr about commit times. I put in the latest commit time I can and if I get there I get there. If I don't, oh well. :knockedout:

iruhnman630

This has recently become an issue in our center. I missed a 'commit' time for a pickup recently knowing the time wasn't necessary , and the ods called me and had me re-accept the pickup with a later commit time, so it wouldn't show up on a report.
Oh brother.

mike1646

I have this oca costumer that calls every morning with a commit time of noon because she wants her big ***** packages out of the office (airplane parts) and she closes at 7:00:sad-very: packaged are still falling out of truck at that time still.

satellitedriver

Remember when it was always the 5 box Bowflex kit!
5 boxes?
How about the Bowflex extreme?
9 to11 boxes
My standard joke-(more truth than joke)- is that I get more exercise delivering "exercise equipment" than the people that buy them.
One consignee still had the Bowflex boxes unpacked in her garage where I delivered them a year earlier.
Her garage sales asking price was $150.00.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
All residential that most of my fellow drivers put as a commit time is 2100. Remember, if you set the bar low then it's really hard to be disappointed. As management says " residentials don't close".

iruhnman630

Fellow drivers who fail to understand how simple it really is to throw your trash into a dr bag and deposit said bag in the trash at the end of the day.

gostillerz

Calling at 7am daily to see if I'm driving (drove 4 days in the past 6 months), then calling at 4:30 for local sort. When I do have to work local sort, I get stuck loading trailers while people who don't even have their 30 days in scan or process smalls.

old levi's

blank space
5 boxes?
How about the Bowflex extreme?
9 to11 boxes
My standard joke-(more truth than joke)- is that I get more exercise delivering "exercise equipment" than the people that buy them.
One consignee still had the Bowflex boxes unpacked in her garage where I delivered them a year earlier.
Her garage sales asking price was $150.00.

Really doesn't matter if it's the 5-box or the extreme. After 3 weeks both become just an expensive drying rack for wet laundry!