What are the chances the following is for FULL TIME package delivery drivers

UPSGUY72

Well... The UPS in San Jose, CA contacted me to complete my application

and they said the position is full time driver not seasonal

so I got lucky.... so far.

It isn't FT until you complete your probation period which could vary from location but it's usually 30 working days . So I wouldn't move to Ca first hoping it's actually a FT position, and second hoping that you'll make it through your probation period. When you have no clue what a package driver actually does. Besides walking back and forth from a delivery point to the brown truck .

OptimusPrime

UPS doesn't hire people to be FT permanent drivers off the street.

False. We have one in our center. Really awesome and we love it so much. Off the top of my head, he has seniority over 5 of us swing drivers, yet never worked a lick inside the hub. 5 guys with roughly ten years of blood,sweat, and tears in the hub.

Indecisi0n

stop_hate_362164905_std.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why hate?

Because rather than work their way up through the ranks like everyone else did these guys just waltz in and take a FT job out from under our feet. It would be one thing if they were, for example, serving their country for 8 years before coming to UPS----I could appreciate that and would thank them for their service--- but the bottom line is that these off the street pukes have no appreciation for the hard work and sacrifice that we all put in just for the chance that was handed to them on a silver platter.

Indecisi0n

Because rather than work their way up through the ranks like everyone else did these guys just waltz in and take a FT job out from under our feet. It would be one thing if they were, for example, serving their country for 8 years before coming to UPS----I could appreciate that and would thank them for their service--- but the bottom line is that these off the street pukes have no appreciation for the hard work and sacrifice that we all put in just for the chance that was handed to them on a silver platter.

Life is so unfair.

TissueBox-800.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You need to google "Sacrcasm".

The truth is I couldn't care less about who I may have passed over when I was hired under the 3:1 provisions of the contract ratified by the union members in 1989. I have taken full advantage of this opportunity and will retire in 6 years with no financial concerns.

BTW, you don't have to know how to load 'em to deliver 'em.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Indecisi0n

You need to google "Sacrcasm".

The truth is I couldn't care less about who I may have passed over when I was hired under the 3:1 provisions of the contract ratified by the union members in 1989. I have taken full advantage of this opportunity and will retire in 6 years with no financial concerns.

BTW, you don't have to know how to load 'em to deliver 'em.

Enjoy your Sunday.

When I do what you ask I get :

" Showing results for Sarcasm
Search instead for Sacrcasm "

UPSGUY72

False. We have one in our center. Really awesome and we love it so much. Off the top of my head, he has seniority over 5 of us swing drivers, yet never worked a lick inside the hub. 5 guys with roughly ten years of blood,sweat, and tears in the hub.

In the past when the ratio of inside to outside what lower they did. These days it doesn't happen. If they hire someone off the street they are casuals that have worked for UPS.....

S

serenity now

ott.jpg

LISTEN UP PEOPLE,

Upstate served his country for 8 years in the Air Force, while the rest of you civilian losers were simply trying to earn a living.

THAT IS ALL
ott.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: