What can be cut?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Eliminate the Safety Committe in its current form.

Have a shop steward be designated as a "safety captain" who meets with management biweekly for 15 minutes to present a list of issues for resolution under threat of grievances being filed.

No more acronyms. No more doughnuts. No more paying members of the "safety committe" $45 an hour on OT to color posters or stand around handing out water bottles.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Eliminate PCM's. Paying 20 or 30 guys to stand around listening to acronyms and being reminded to drink water is a waste of time. All pertinent information for the day can be sent out via DIAD message.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Eliminate PCM's. Paying 20 or 30 guys to stand around listening to acronyms and being reminded to drink water is a waste of time. All pertinent information for the day can be sent out via DIAD message.

Normally I agree but this morning's was important. One of our guys was rear-ended by a motorcyclist yesterday. My son called me because he had read on Facebook that we had hit and killed someone on a motorcycle, which was not the case at all. Our guy did everything right and will not be disciplined. It was an unavoidable accident. About the only thing he should have done was tap his brakes to alert the motorcyclist.

Resident know-it-all.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Normally I agree but this morning's was important. One of our guys was rear-ended by a motorcyclist yesterday. My son called me because he had read on Facebook that we had hit and killed someone on a motorcycle, which was not the case at all. Our guy did everything right and will not be disciplined. It was an unavoidable accident. About the only thing he should have done was tap his brakes to alert the motorcyclist.

Resident know-it-all.
There's a video on YouTube of a guy on a motorcycle with a helmet cam who hits the rear of a ups vehicle..very hard..maybe someone can post it on here

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How should a rear end accident ever be the drivers fault unless they didn't have following distance upfront then slam on the breaks...or maybe didn't use a turn signal

Resident know-it-all.

HereWeGoAgain

They could do it get some kind of ups tablet like Orion tablet,which would generate all ops and reports from day before for each sup. Would be a huge investment but I think it would pay it self back pretty quick considering the amount of paper wasted on a daily bases.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This is the main reason I pushed for the recycling program at my center. Paper from reports and plastic bottles are our two main recyclables. We were already doing the cardboard and have a "pallet guy" who comes by once a week or so.
Do you guys have recycle bins out by the fuel pumps for bottles and cans...I swear we could bank hundreds of dollars here a month with all of cans that are thrown out ....totally unacceptable

S

selfcancelsignal

Cut call tags! What a PITA! Especially on resi. rural routes. NI1 1 day, then see someone the next & Refused, CAN. Happened twice today. Coulda been in 45 mins. earlier if not for that malarkey!

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.