What do I do? What would you do?

IAmUPSet

I'm on a Bertha at the very start of the belt, for the last two weeks I've been getting 900 to 1170, and another car next to it that gets 300-400. Even on peak I had a puller for the Bertha at the end of the belt, it only had about 500. The Bertha alone is ridiculous, stairs alone is an extreme workout, much more so the 50 to 100+ pound packages i carry up them and to the very back, also I never have time to load, so I'm told just to pull. At the last hour or two I'm rushing to load 1,200 packages average. On top of this the packages never get delivered because its too many for the driver to get rid of before pick up time, therefore on top of the 1,200 average there are yesterdays packages. Dispatch says "Well, I had no where else to put them" I'm pretty sure there's more to dispatching than just making your daily number dissapear as a dispatcher.

What would you do?

Nah
I'm on a Bertha at the very start of the belt, for the last two weeks I've been getting 900 to 1170, and another car next to it that gets 300-400. Even on peak I had a puller for the Bertha at the end of the belt, it only had about 500. The Bertha alone is ridiculous, stairs alone is an extreme workout, much more so the 50 to 100+ pound packages i carry up them and to the very back, also I never have time to load, so I'm told just to pull. At the last hour or two I'm rushing to load 1,200 packages average. On top of this the packages never get delivered because its too many for the driver to get rid of before pick up time, therefore on top of the 1,200 average there are yesterdays packages. Dispatch says "Well, I had no where else to put them" I'm pretty sure there's more to dispatching than just making your daily number dissapear as a dispatcher.

What would you do?

Work safely, at a reasonable pace, and let them figure it out.

542thruNthru

What would you do?

Work at a safe pace and ask for help with the over weights.

Not your problem if its not done on time.

WTFm8

If you keep doing it, they’ll keep giving it to you.

Follow the lifting methods, don’t carry packages on the steps, use existing equipment, etc.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes ,, wtf is a Bertha ??

24'-28' straight truck commonly referred to as Big Bertha.

upload_2020-5-8_5-27-54.jpeg

To the OP: the driver is not bringing back packages because he/she ran out of time. He is bringing them back because a lot of businesses are closed due to the pandemic.

MattM

Whales around here. I miss the days of filling these up 100% instead of having Louisville or Ontario build us cans to go on trailers. Or for ups to have the capacity to fit jet ulds onto trailers. For years, there was such redundancy.

We used to literally empty 90% of ulds to rebuild into whales. I miss those days lol