"What do you have to lose?"

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
A "miracle" those who believe this :censored2: are smart enough to take their next breaths!

Course it's Laura Ingraham, imagine that?
You are clearly refusing to take the medication your psychiatrist prescribes so if you get the Wuhan Virus it shouldn't be an issue for you to also refuse the hydroxychloroquine doctors are prescribing.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
You are clearly refusing to take the medication your psychiatrist prescribes so if you get the Wuhan Virus it shouldn't be an issue for you to also refuse the hydroxychloroquine doctors are prescribing.

That's the best you got? I half expected better!

BrownArmy

From the CDC regarding the use of hydroxychloroquine to prevent malaria while traveling:

https://www.cdc.gov/malaria/resources/pdf/fsp/drugs/hydroxychloroquine.pdf

Regarding side effects. Sounds like those mentioned in every pharma ad on TV:

"Hydroxychloroquine is a relatively well tolerated medicine. The most common adverse reactions reported are stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and headache. These side effects can often be lessened by taking hydroxychloroquine with food. Hydroxychloroquine may also cause itching in some people.

All medicines may have some side effects. Minor side effects such as nausea, occasional vomiting, or diarrhea usually do not require stopping the antimalarial drug. If you cannot tolerate your antimalarial drug, see your health care provider; other antimalarial drugs are available."

Regarding how long it's safe to use:

"CDC has no limits on the use of hydroxychloroquine for the prevention of malaria. When hydroxychloroquine is used at higher doses for many years, a rare eye condition called retinopathy has occurred. People who take hydroxychloroquine for more than five years should get regular eye exams."

There’s anecdotal evidence in several situations that it might help.

Anecdotal.

NY is a perfect test-bed for double-blind clinical research to get facts, not hunches, and they’re running those tests as we speak.

I hope it’s amazing!

But, we just don’t know.

vantexan

Listen to me very, very carefully. If it cured covid-19 within 2 hours why do you think we have 10's of thousands dead? Think about it! This is why idiots who listen to Fox News are so :censored2:ing dangerous to society!
Saw a doctor in New York say when asked why he hadn't got infected he said he was taking a prophylactic. Asked what was it called and he gave it's retail name. The looked it up and it was hydroxychloroquine. ItWillBeFine posted an article yesterday that mentioned doctors were hoarding it and taking it home to their families. As it hasn't been approved by the FDA to treat the coronavirus Trump got them to allow it for compassionate use. Let's doctors off the hook. Meanwhile trials are underway. Wish things moved faster, but there are already many cases where the patients recovered after getting it for compassionate use.

vantexan

Anecdotal.

NY is a perfect test-bed for double-blind clinical research to get facts, not hunches, and they’re running those tests as we speak.

I hope it’s amazing!

But, we just don’t know.
A couple of studies in Europe were highly successful using it.

BrownArmy

Saw a doctor in New York say when asked why he hadn't got infected he said he was taking a prophylactic. Asked what was it called and he gave it's retail name. The looked it up and it was hydroxychloroquine. ItWillBeFine posted an article yesterday that mentioned doctors were hoarding it and taking it home to their families. As it hasn't been approved by the FDA to treat the coronavirus Trump got them to allow it for compassionate use. Let's doctors off the hook. Meanwhile trials are underway. Wish things moved faster, but there are already many cases where the patients recovered after getting it for compassionate use.

Well, call the Surgeon General!

Box Ox

A COVID-19 patient’s odds of survival are terrible once they actually end up on a ventilator. I think it’s great that we’re giving this alternative a shot at an earlier stage of patient decline.

Let’s not have ventilators be the best chance these patients have in the ICU.

BrownArmy

A couple of studies in Europe were highly successful using it.

A couple studies in Europe were successful.

There was HC involved.

No one can make a credible, repeatable link that HC was the positive factor.

That’s why it’s called ‘anecdotal’.

I made chili one time, and it was AWESOME.

Can’t recall what I did... I go off the standard recipe, and I mix it up every time, but this one time it tasted so good!

vantexan

A couple studies in Europe were successful.

There was HC involved.

No one can make a credible, repeatable link that HC was the positive factor.

That’s why it’s called ‘anecdotal’.

I made chili one time, and it was AWESOME.

Can’t recall what I did... I go off the standard recipe, and I mix it up every time, but this one time it tasted so good!
One of those studies had 79 out of 80 people recover after administering hydroxychloroquine and another drug together to them by one of the world's leading epidemiologists. What did you do today, scratch your ass?

BrownArmy

A COVID-19 patient’s odds of survival are terrible once they actually end up on a ventilator. I think it’s great that we’re giving this alternative a shot at an earlier stage of patient decline.

Let’s not have ventilators be the best chance these patients have in the ICU.

What are you talking about?

There’s no clinical evidence that HC does anything.

Trump’s pushing it, but it’s the equivalent of saying ‘I stopped having hiccups when I walked by that blue house’.

Yes, that’s what we call anecdotal.

Benben

The question is why are liberals against using it? Because Trump is a proponent of it's use? Really? That's what matters?

You didn't read the article did you?

The real question that needs to be asked:

Why are trumpettes so gullible to every conspiracy theory the Orange Man spits up?

vantexan

What are you talking about?

There’s no clinical evidence that HC does anything.

Trump’s pushing it, but it’s the equivalent of saying ‘I stopped having hiccups when I walked by that blue house’.

Yes, that’s what we call anecdotal.
All that matters is trying to keep it from being used because if successful it will probably help Trump in the election. If it actually saves lives then people's deaths are on your heads if they are prevented from getting access.

vantexan

You didn't read the article did you?

The real question that needs to be asked:

Why are trumpettes so gullible to every conspiracy theory the Orange Man spits up?
I did read it. From the looks of it he's got very little invested through that fund.

BrownArmy

All that matters is trying to keep it from being used because if successful it will probably help Trump in the election. If it actually saves lives then people's deaths are on your heads if they are prevented from getting access.

Wrong.

If there were a drug available now that worked, anyone would jump right on it.

But what’s up with the ‘Trump Persecution Complex’?

Get over it.

Benben

One of those studies had 79 out of 80 people recover after administering hydroxychloroquine and another drug together to them by one of the world's leading epidemiologists. What did you do today, scratch your ass?

Because you have to read the studies! That's what the experts do. First "study" quoted by tRump started with 24 patients. They excluded 8 that went to ICU, 1 died and 1 had a reaction to the malaria drug.

You do understand that 14 getting better while 10 did not is not a positive study and proves nothing right?

That's called anecdotal evidence! It's like me saying Vantexan touched his sister when she was 10 years old and and she became a lesbian in her 20's. Therefore if you want your daughter to remain a virgin in her teens have her brother touch her.

vantexan

Wrong.

If there were a drug available now that worked, anyone would jump right on it.

But what’s up with the ‘Trump Persecution Complex’?

Get over it.
Tell me about it. You libs have been persecuting him for years. And yes, they are doing trials while manufacturers are ramping up production. Hope it works. Don't you?

vantexan

Because you have to read the studies! That's what the experts do. First "study" quoted by tRump started with 24 patients. They excluded 8 that went to ICU, 1 died and 1 had a reaction to the malaria drug.

You do understand that 14 getting better while 10 did not is not a positive study and proves nothing right?

That's called anecdotal evidence! It's like me saying Vantexan touched his sister when she was 10 yes old and and she became a lesbian in her 20's. Therefore if you want your daughter to remain a virgin in her teens have her brother touch her.
You're a sad little whatever you are. So you're on the record that you hope it doesn't work?

BrownArmy

Pretty silly comparison.

It’s the same thing.

Some French patients were in a ward with covid.

There was HC involved.

The patients got better.

OK.

What was their age?

What other drugs were they on?

Were there other comorbidities?

Were they smokers?

Was the nurse smoking hot?

Too many variables.

I hope it works, but that’s why these studies are called ‘anecdotal’, because there’s no control.

It’s the equivalent of me deciding that walking past the blue house will cure my hiccups because it happened one time.