What does it mean to RO?

SLW

I know it means "Request Off," and I know the answers may vary a lot. But how do you do it? Is it different from just requesting an unpaid day off on those little carbon copy slips? Do you still have to show up that morning even if they approve those?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
In our local RO is put in the same way you put in for a 8 hour or vacation day with a slip turned into a supervisor. Here is the thing about RO's though, they are only guaranteed the day of so if you need the day off call in or PH or vacation day whatever you got left in time off. Basically you are rolling the dice hoping they don't call you the morning of saying so and so called in or we need a favor from you BS.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
In our local RO is put in the same way you put in for a 8 hour or vacation day with a slip turned into a supervisor. Here is the thing about RO's though, they are only guaranteed the day of so if you need the day off call in or PH or vacation day whatever you got left in time off. Basically you are rolling the dice hoping they don't call you the morning of saying so and so called in or we need a favor from you BS.
You could just, oh I don’t know, maybe not pick up the phone...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I know it means "Request Off," and I know the answers may vary a lot. But how do you do it? Is it different from just requesting an unpaid day off on those little carbon copy slips? Do you still have to show up that morning even if they approve those?
If they got extra drivers that day you can request off in seniority order, it's just a verbal request, tell your sup you want the day off if they have extra drivers. Being that you just started FT this year your chances of getting the day off that way are pretty slim. The carbon copy slips are for requesting a paid personal day, you don't have any of those yet. If you're approved for a personal day you don't have to show up.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
This