What does the Bible say about...........???? "On Topic"

tourists24

OK, here's my question...

I will be denied eternal life because I'm not a believer.
I require some kind of proof that He exists. Perhaps make an appearance and cure all cancer, that would do it for me.

So, isn't it God who made me this way? (Someone who requires proof before just believing).
Are you genuinely curious if there is God or not or have you pretty much decided that until you have physical proof that meets your requirements then you will not believe?

over9five

Staff member
Are you genuinely curious if there is God or not or have you pretty much decided that until you have physical proof that meets your requirements then you will not believe?

Both.

I need proof.

Buuuuuuttt, if there is a God, didn't He make me this way?

over9five

Staff member
God wants a soul in willing humility to him without coercion. Therefore he exists outside of time & tests our hearts by the spirit. Giving us the freedom to choose who we will serve.
I would argue that anyone who was brought up by believers, and taken to church every Sunday, has been GREATLY coerced.

tourists24

Both.

I need proof.

Buuuuuuttt, if there is a God, didn't He make me this way?
I wouldn't presume so. If that were the case, everyone would be demanding the same type of proof that you demand. Not everyone requires your level of proof. Jesus performed his miracles. It convinced some and yet not everyone. My guess is would be that even if He were to return just to give you the cure for cancer, even IF that would convert your belief, there would still be many who still wouldn't be convinced

tourists24

I would argue that anyone who was brought up by believers, and taken to church every Sunday, has been GREATLY coerced.
I agree with you there, and I know many people who have continued their life into adulthood with a strong belief in their faith (ie-my mother). However I can also show you people who had the same upbringing and hated it and completely rejected that faith (ie- my father). Coersion? Maybe, no more or less than someone who was raised in an agnostic or atheistic home

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I wouldn't presume so. If that were the case, everyone would be demanding the same type of proof that you demand. Not everyone requires your level of proof. Jesus performed his miracles. It convinced some and yet not everyone. My guess is would be that even if He were to return just to give you the cure for cancer, even IF that would convert your belief, there would still be many who still wouldn't be convinced
The flaw in all this is the idea that god requires belief from us. Doesn't make sense.

What makes more sense is that the organizations pushing their system of control need people to think that god requires belief.

FromOffTheStreets

The flaw in all this is the idea that god requires belief from us. Doesn't make sense.

What makes more sense is that the organizations pushing their system of control need people to think that god requires belief.
Problem with organizations is money not belief. Many go to church and dont really "believe".

El Correcto

god is dead
12D801FB-7330-4A2D-AD51-0AEA3165AFE0.jpeg

tourists24

What's the flaw? It is exactly what salvation requires. Regardless of what you think of religions and organizations, biblical salvation is what it is

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I would agree with you there. This is why Jesus turned over the tables of the money changers in the temple
Jesus was a political radical in a theocratic society. It's a real shame Christianity completely misses the mark when it comes to his message.

The Bible nuts in this thread are just like the Pharisees that Jesus was against.

tourists24

Jesus was a political radical in a theocratic society. It's a real shame Christianity completely misses the mark when it comes to his message.

The Bible nuts in this thread are just like the Pharisees that Jesus was against.
Why does it matter to you? How do you know what Jesus' message was? Why would you care?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Biblical teaching. Textual. If you think the bible is crap, then that would mean nothing to you to begin with.
I recognize the historical context it was written and the transformation the texts have undergone over the centuries.

But to my question, your answer of, 'because the Bible', is not an answer at all, it's a total cop out.