What happen to management or supervisor when a grievance is file against them?

Integrity

Binge Poster
depends on the grievances

for doing work? honestly your boss will just be like wtf are you doing; you'd never get fired but it'd make you look like a :censored2: constantly

for harassment? as long as you're not a psycho and it's just a butthurt hourly, just laugh about it and throw it in the trash
There is new language for Article 37 Grievances. Multiple harassment grievances against a management person requires the management person to appear at the National Article 37 Grievance Committee.

8000Shelf

Grievances don't look good on a sup IF they are heard by your Local and won. In that case the sup has to answer to their boss... even if he or she was the one who instructed the sup to do what was grieved. Real political BS type stuff. I've seen grievances stall a promotion or cause a demotion depending on the violation.
Hardly ever would it get a sup fired unless it was a blatant integrity issue, like covering up accidents or number fudging.

Last edited:

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
IT TOOK 2 AND NOW NOT ONLY AM I GETTING MY MONEY OWED BUT HE'S TRANSFERRED ADIOS BILLY YOU MARICON!
0PezjHy.gif

Domo arigato Local 705-o.

Gidget

What good are supervisors if no one listens, they have no authority to fo anything. Because I tell ya what, I'd be ignoring the lot of you if 2 or 3 complaints got me canned.

Basically, that's like giving people a free pass. They aren't doing their job, so you have to talk with them, then they get mad because you talk with them and in turn file a complaint

If that's the case, I'd by pass the talk and just start writing everyone up. No warning, no talk, just a write up.

It's as bad as Yelp, where if poor Jonny doesn't get his way and cannot have a conversation like a real adult, he just files a complaint, because God forbid we do our job and work through issues like grown-ups

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What good are supervisors if no one listens, they have no authority to fo anything. Because I tell ya what, I'd be ignoring the lot of you if 2 or 3 complaints got me canned.

Basically, that's like giving people a free pass. They aren't doing their job, so you have to talk with them, then they get mad because you talk with them and in turn file a complaint

If that's the case, I'd by pass the talk and just start writing everyone up. No warning, no talk, just a write up.

It's as bad as Yelp, where if poor Jonny doesn't get his way and cannot have a conversation like a real adult, he just files a complaint, because God forbid we do our job and work through issues like grown-ups
What’s goin on Gidgy how long you been a part time supe?

542thruNthru

giphy-19.gif

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

80872D04-EA52-4829-B2B3-2FBD17F6025B.gif

UPSER1987

It’s just a generation of snowflakes…so thinned skinned and cowardice the only thing they know to do is file a grievance.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It’s just a generation of snowflakes…so thinned skinned and cowardice the only thing they know to do is file a grievance.
If only the company would tell you guys that your side agreed to the same writing in there that we are held to. I know, its a tough concept to grasp.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Many Grievances are stacked up against issues the union has with the company and horse-traded. Some Grievances are "Heard" because either the Member is making a huge issue and the union "leadership" doesn't want to be seen as a sell out, or it is actually an egregious occurrence that must be vetted out, or something else.

These "Panels" you refer to are what management likes to refer to as "Hearings".
The term "Panels" downplays the event and "Hearings" elevate them...

It's all a game and forever will be.

We all know that it is people working with other people (Union Leadership and Company Labor Dept), so there HAS to be some give and take if the relationship is going to actually achieve anything.

quad decade guy

Many Grievances are stacked up against issues the union has with the company and horse-traded. Some Grievances are "Heard" because either the Member is making a huge issue and the union "leadership" doesn't want to be seen as a sell out, or it is actually an egregious occurrence that must be vetted out, or something else.

These "Panels" you refer to are what management likes to refer to as "Hearings".
The term "Panels" downplays the event and "Hearings" elevate them...

It's all a game and forever will be.

We all know that it is people working with other people (Union Leadership and Company Labor Dept), so there HAS to be some give and take if the relationship is going to actually achieve anything.
There is the Panel.

Then there are local hearings.

Local first then the Panel. Never heard it any other way for 40 years.)