What happen to management or supervisor when a grievance is file against them?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by upstalk, Sep 5, 2019.

1. upstalk

upstalk New Member

I heard here if 3 grievances file against a supervisor, he/she be fired. Is that true?

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Where did you hear that?
    From a supervisor

3. I have been lurking

I have been lurking Why does Tuesday come so fast?

No, it's 2 then they go to panel. My maricon FT is on "vacation" but a former studipdvisor turned driver told me the code.

4. upstalk

upstalk New Member

Yes lol he told me other supervisors wasnt allowed to touch a box because they were told 3 grievances they b fired. I just want to know if true or what happens.

5. upstalk

upstalk New Member

Thank you. What happen at panel?

6. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

The ground opens up underneath them and they fall into Mordor. Have to fight their way back out.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  7. I have been lurking

I have been lurking Why does Tuesday come so fast?

Judgement, but usually they get transferred unless it's very bad. I'm certain I was 50% of his investigation.

8. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Never fired any around here for that.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. They usually get promoted after that

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Think about it. If this were true. A employee could get any sup he wanted fired easily.

It's not true and the sup is a idiot.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

They look at paying a few grievances as cost of doing business. They expect to get away with shenanigans most of the time.

12. RolloTony Brown Town

RolloTony Brown Town Active Member

It’s not true. We are not supposed to do union work. Managers will tell you to stop because you’re being filed against but they aren’t firing management over it. They have a hard enough time keeping Supervisors from quitting lol

There are a lot of circumstances that come into play when a grievance continues to be filed against a specific management person but there’s no 3 strikes you’re out, no forcing supervisors to go to panel, no forced relocations (at least not physical ones) but they will move people around if it appears that there are issues between management and hourly that can’t or aren’t being resolved. Good managers won’t let it get to this without having a face to face with all parties but good managers are a rarity.

13. For every grievance they pay out they probably beat 10 other people out of one.

I remember years back. Had a sup that absolutely hated this company. He would call me and tell me how many stops he did so I could file a grievance on him. LMAO

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Gotta love it when a sup tries to tell you no way can you win the grievance but when it gets heard its an instant "pay the man".

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. He was a good sup but the company abused him. He just didn't show up one day during peak. LMAO

16. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Usually not fired

Just 3 slaps on the pee pee

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Or three ataboys.

18. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

depends on the grievances

for doing work? honestly your boss will just be like wtf are you doing; you'd never get fired but it'd make you look like a retard constantly

for harassment? as long as you're not a psycho and it's just a butthurt hourly, just laugh about it and throw it in the trash

19. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Active Member

No one cares about grievances...pay it or trash and move along. Not hurting anyone’s feelings either way.

20. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Throw a grievance in the trash ?

You really wish.... you had the ability to do that.