What happen to management or supervisor when a grievance is file against them?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
@Integrity
I thought you were my new BC ally?
WTF, you pulling a Biden on me and I'm Ukraine???

Screenshot 2021-12-30 153844.jpg

ResetSouthBelt

depends on the grievances

for doing work? honestly your boss will just be like wtf are you doing; you'd never get fired but it'd make you look like a :censored2: constantly

for harassment? as long as you're not a psycho and it's just a butthurt hourly, just laugh about it and throw it in the trash
I’m not doubting you but I know of a PT Sup that was told to either resign or get fired because so many hourly employees filed 37’s against him….Guess which one he chose?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I’m not doubting you but I know of a PT Sup that was told to either resign or get fired because so many hourly employees filed 37’s against him….Guess which one he chose?
Yeah they'll lie and threaten you but if he had stood his ground and said fire me, he would have see how much of a bluff it was

GameCockFan

Most times nothing happens at all, especially if the grievant is a pt-timer lol. We did have one center manager demoted to on-car/lead manager (in a center that was managed over the phone, only sup there) because of so many grievances. He wasn't a bad guy necessarily, but a notorious micro-manager and liked to lie to newbies about the contract. It's easier to move one guy that fire a bunch of drivers.

UPSER1987

There’s probably more to that story than 37’s filed against a PT sup.

Literally, NOBODY cares about the harassment grievances. No one cares about money grievances, why would they care about a non pay issue lol.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
What good are supervisors if no one listens, they have no authority to fo anything. Because I tell ya what, I'd be ignoring the lot of you if 2 or 3 complaints got me canned.

Basically, that's like giving people a free pass. They aren't doing their job, so you have to talk with them, then they get mad because you talk with them and in turn file a complaint

If that's the case, I'd by pass the talk and just start writing everyone up. No warning, no talk, just a write up.

It's as bad as Yelp, where if poor Jonny doesn't get his way and cannot have a conversation like a real adult, he just files a complaint, because God forbid we do our job and work through issues like grown-ups
furio-bee.gif

When I used to be a supe we would just laugh about it, my full timer and I. I must if had 17 or so. Business agents would always get in my face and I would have to tell him to :censored2: off. We had a few people who would file so we’ll alert their positions in the radio, and try to put them in out of view areas.

UPSER1987

When I used to be a supe we would just laugh about it, my full timer and I. I must if had 17 or so. Business agents would always get in my face and I would have to tell him to :censored2: off. We had a few people who would file so we’ll alert their positions in the radio, and try to put them in out of view areas.
I think most Sups keep a scorecard to see who could get the most. Those grievances have absolutely zero impact. It’s like a chihuahua barking…but not even that annoying lol.

We
I think most Sups keep a scorecard to see who could get the most. Those grievances have absolutely zero impact. It’s like a chihuahua barking…but not even that annoying lol.
basically that’s how it was. To save safe they would formally give me :censored2: in our meetings but afterwards it was more of a joke. It just turned into a game of don’t get caught. Queue in manager’s radio call in “We have guest” lol

542thruNthru

When I used to be a supe we would just laugh about it, my full timer and I.
It just turned into a game of don’t get caught. Queue in manager’s radio call in “We have guest” lol.
So first you say you just laughed about it. Then you go and say it was a game of don't get caught and a message would go over the radio so you wouldn't get caught...

If it was just a laughing matter why call out when you might get caught? Because you're full of it. Nice try though.
Business agents would always get in my face and I would have to tell him to :censored2: off.
Sure you did tough guy lol.

Former supe huh? I love the internet where these weak people can act tough and yet it's obvious they have no idea what they are talking about.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

We

basically that’s how it was. To save safe they would formally give me :censored2: in our meetings but afterwards it was more of a joke. It just turned into a game of don’t get caught. Queue in manager’s radio call in “We have guest” lol

I like to think I was a fair and just PT Supe. I didn't yell and I didn't really care as long as people didn't get hurt or jerked around too much. People called out, I was okay with it. People had to leave early, I tried my best to make it work. I would get yelled at a lot by my FT Supe for being to lax and "lazy" as some of my co-workers would call it. At the end I would remind my FT Supe that I am not allowed to touch packages.

I'm not sorry for letting :censored2: get messed up for that one dude who would come back from break 5-10 minutes late. I'll let all his stuff pile up and fall.
Again I love the internet!!

Just a little bit ago you were some bad ass, don't care cuss out a BA supe that laughed with his manager about grievances. Where before you were a "good little PT supe that did his best to be good to his guys and his FT sup and coworkers though was a lazy lax POS.

Make up your mind slick.

So first you say you just laughed about it. Then you go and say it was a game of don't get caught and a message would go over the radio so you wouldn't get caught...

If it was just a laughing matter why call out when you might get caught? Because you're full of it. Nice try though.

Sure you did tough guy lol.

Former supe huh? I love the internet where these weak people can act tough and yet it's obvious they have no idea what they are talking about.
Manager will tell us I suppose to avoid meetings.

Lol yea tough guy on the internet. No reason to lie, just telling it how it is. Believe, don’t believe makes no difference to me.

And believe it or not you can be a decent human being and still be UPS supe. I just didn't take :censored2:. And all for maybe 1 or 2 guys who would grieve I would move packages all day long. Trying to get done quick.

No reason to be upset

542thruNthru

You're so eager to believe that supes don't care about grievances it's hilarious. More and more it's obvious that you're a PT sup that wants to feel tough.

542thruNthru

Manager will tell us I suppose to avoid meetings.
I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Is this English?
Lol yea tough guy on the internet. No reason to lie, just telling it how it is. Believe, don’t believe makes no difference to me.
No reason to be on a website about a company you only worked at for 5 years and that was over 6 years ago. Yet here you are...
tumblr_n1zi5rWB2V1r7b6cio1_500.gif

542thruNthru

Good point. Peace out.

Also lol at “I gave no argument so let me be the grammer police”.
I made my point. It just went over your head is all.

You say you have no reason to lie. I pointed out you're posting about a position you held over 6 years ago that you only held for 5 years.

Sounds to me like you have some hidden resentment about the grievances you got and the way you were treated. So you come on here and post like you were some kind of tough guy when in your own words your FT sup and peers thought you were a lazy POS.

I did like the made up story about cussing out a BA. It was a nice touch. Though highly unlikely since it would have just brought unwanted attention that your FT sups/manager wouldn't have wanted especially since they would call out on the radio to warn people when "guest" were around.