What happens if minimum wage goes up?

watdaflock?

Maybe you should try driving sometime. Unless you are afraid to?
I drive every day to work.

e/ - I also grew up on a farm and have driven a lot larger and heavier vehicles than a package car.

The only difficult part of being a driver for UPS is the interaction with customers. There is nothing to be afraid of unless you deliver in Houston, Texas.

Hope this helps.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The only difficult part of being a driver for UPS is the interaction with customers.
image.jpg

J

jibbs

Will the pay disparity be the same as it is now in 25+ years?

Hold on, Austin, lemme check my crystal ball real quick.....

Lol, :censored2: if I know, brutha. What I do know, though, is that it's better to act on something concrete in the present than it is to get anxious over hypothetical upsets in the future.

MendozaJ

I haven't heard any politician talk about no exceptions.
Tipped workers like waiters and waitresses have a different minimum wage, around $2 an hour.
Did you know it's legal to pay certain people with disabilities less than minimum wage?

If the server wage + tips do not exceed the federal minimum wage, they must be compensated.

Last edited:

Foamer Pyle

Why don't you think it should go up?

Do you like having hard working people live in utter poverty because.........why?
I agree with you, but I have read that employers are now having employees asking for less hours because the raise makes them ineligible for their entitlement benefits, due to their higher earnings.

blkmamba

I haven't heard any politician talk about no exceptions.
Tipped workers like waiters and waitresses have a different minimum wage, around $2 an hour.
Did you know it's legal to pay certain people with disabilities less than minimum wage?
I did know that people with disabilities get paid and I understand it but not sure I fully agree with, it's a touch subject. As far as waiters and waitresses, I've done and made minimum wage as well as I have fried a that do it and all make minimum wage plus tips. However, they justify tips as a way to never increase wages.

blkmamba

Without question.

Granted, there are people that squeeze by and land jobs that they'll just never be forced to leave but, generally, when somebody's been doing something for 7 years they're going to be more experienced, more efficient, and need less coddling and supervision while they work than a new hire.

There are exceptions, but I don't think there are enough of them to make that general rule of thumb moot.

Really? Any examples?

It's on the governments website. I know this because my dad teaches special needs students who transition from high school to the general work force.

If I understand it correctly, it's not as simple as "you have special needs you make half the hourly wage" there is a quite a process to the justification.

J

jibbs

It's on the governments website. I know this because my dad teaches special needs students who transition from high school to the general work force.

If I understand it correctly, it's not as simple as "you have special needs you make half the hourly wage" there is a quite a process to the justification.

I'm just completely ignorant of that subject.

Gonna read up a bit on it today, thanks.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Raise minimum wage and lower maximum wage. What some of the 25+ year senior union drivers make per hour is ridiculous.

Uh, there's no such thing as "maximum wage". The company you work for agrees on an amount to pay you for your work depending on how valuable you are, and at that point, the sky's the limit.

Also, it's not 25 + year drivers making the big bucks, it's anyone who's through progression, so even guys with FOUR years of full time status are making 33.29 an hour!

Come to full time, your wallet will thank you. Don't be afraid of the customers, they don't bite

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Low wage for part timers is certainly an issue, but it's funny that this conversation isn't combined with the top scale inequality that full timers experience. The fact that our top scale in California is the same as in Montana will never make sense. So here's a thought, stop wage increases for top scale in low cost states and put those savings towards increasing part time wages in high cost states. Who's behind me.

Low wage for part timers is certainly an issue, but it's funny that this conversation isn't combined with the top scale inequality that full timers experience. The fact that our top scale in California is the same as in Montana will never make sense. So here's a thought, stop wage increases for top scale in low cost states and put those savings towards increasing part time wages in high cost states. Who's behind me.
You can only blame your fellow part timers. They make up a majority of the work force and very few vote. That's why the wage is so low.