What happens to strike fund money now?

Gorilla Biscuit

Where does the $300 million or whatever it is go to? Will we get cool t-shirts that say “I survived the almost strike”? Does it go to pension increases? Just wondering.

Screenshot_20230702_111018_Gallery.jpg

UPSmechanicinblue

Where does the $300 million or whatever it is go to? Will we get cool t-shirts that say “I survived the almost strike”? Does it go to pension increases? Just wondering.
I am glad people are asking questions like this, so many young drivers are getting an education with this contract. Most new ones I work with thought teamsters represent UPS only, they thought my BA represent our small building only and no clue he has many other different contracts to enforce. I am seeing so much improving with new and younger ones want to get involved now. Go to a union meeting it's almost always 40 year olds and up that are close to retirement.

Zowert

It will sit in a savings account and collect interest until there is a Teamsters picket line somewhere. Then it will support their strike.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
IBT Constitution mandates how funds are distributed once per capita dues are received. I believe it stays in fund unless an amendment is proposed. Only can happen once every 5 years and it is documented.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Another reason for union leadership to make a quick deal? They don't want that huge cash cow to disappear?

I say when a union member retires, give them back what they put in.

Arizax2

Another reason for union leadership to make a quick deal? They don't want that huge cash cow to disappear?

I say when a union member retires, give them back what they put in.
Or just save up 5 more years to expand from a 2 week potential strike to a month or so.