What is one thing in your facility that you would like to see formally reported to OSHA?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Not really pinch points but we successfully got our boxlines inspected such that certain sharp edges were sanded down. I would suggest if anyone has a run-down boxline to coordinate with their BA to get them inspected by safety kiddos since cuts and scrapes (while they are often minor) remain our most common injury.

The same can be said for package cars. There are certain spots in the rear and up front that can cut you up.

On rare occasion, the chain can lose tension and slip, allowing two bins from the boxline to collide against each other.
Nice post.

quad decade guy

My experience with my Local has been awesome, the Executive Board are some of the hardest workers and I have the utmost of respect for what they do.

My experience with management has been the opposite. Very much as you described.

Can't recall any meaningful safety changes brought about by any mgt. or union administration. In 40 years.

542thruNthru

I'm surprised he didn't quote Article 18 or punch anyone that tried to intervene in any way.

Well @burrheadd is the king...
1o3nr9.jpg.gif

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
You don’t have to be management to make changes. 3 step process can sometimes work for Safety issues.

1. Safety Committee
2. If no response from Safety Committee, then Article 18 Safety Grievance.
3. If no response from Article18 Safety Grievance, then formal complaint with OSHA.
Step 4. You now have been targeted by management and will be fired shortly

Integrity

Binge Poster
Step 4. You now have been targeted by management and will be fired shortly
If you have followed the process and this does happen then you will be in a strong position to file serious charges against the company.

However, if you do follow the process most likely they will target everyone you work with and give you the credit for it. Management knows you are protected from retaliation.