What Is The Teamsters Official Position On Socialized Medicine?

freehoodies

I know for us, we literally have the best health insurance out there. To me, it doesnt matter. I think everyone should have what we have and could do a lot of good for the country as a whole. Imagine not being forced to take a job soley for the insurance. Imagine that.
People need to take better care of themselves.

If people just ate healthier, stopped smoking/drinking/drug use, and worked out regularly, healthcare costs would get fixed overnight. Doctors would be cold calling people for checkups.

The problem right now is too many people who dont care enough about their health (until the reality of consequences set in) are using the majority of the resources (doctors time). That and old people, though theoretically they “paid in” to the system.

Kingofthenorth

The fight is in who you elect, and these people are not hiding what they are planning.

They get the votes and Teamcare is out. Your pycheck is the same but now you are forced to fund new taxes to pay fot the program.

higher life expectancy, quality of life, level of care for less money per person as it is everywhere else in the world and no one has ever gone back. The horror!! What could be worse?! Also UPS would give a major raise, at least some of the money but not all of it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
higher life expectancy, quality of life, level of care for less money per person as it is everywhere else in the world and no one has ever gone back. The horror!! What could be worse?! Also UPS would give a major raise, at least some of the money but not all of it.
The exact opposite would occur, add to that, massive new taxes that will cripple the economy. Any raise you might get will be nothing compared to all the new taxes.

Kingofthenorth

The exact opposite would occur, add to that, massive new taxes that will cripple the economy. Any raise you might get will be nothing compared to all the new taxes.

Tell me an example of where that has happened. Why does America pay more for health care than any country on earth despite having a pathetic life expectancy and outcomes? Why has no country that has switched to Medicare for all or something similar ever gone back? Why does even Cuba have a higher life exactly than America?

Tell me an example of where that has happened. Why does America pay more for health care than any country on earth despite having a pathetic life expectancy and outcomes? Why has no country that has switched to Medicare for all or something similar ever gone back? Why does even Cuba have a higher life exactly than America?
America pays more for health care because of the for profit insurance companies and for profit health care companies.

Wally

Cuba? The whole system is rigged with false reporting skewing numbers.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

:fantasysmiley:

“UPS would give a major raise”...

Fenris

America pays more because we effectively subsiize a lot of medicine for the world. Prices will skyrocket around most of the world if we engage in similar price controls. We have life expectancy issues because leftists have normalized obesity to prevent 'body shaming'

America pays more because we effectively subsiize a lot of medicine for the world. Prices will skyrocket around most of the world if we engage in similar price controls. We have life expectancy issues because leftists have normalized obesity to prevent 'body shaming'
Is that why Americans travel to Mexico or Canada to buy the meds they can not afford to buy in this country?

zimbomb

Internal spite, exterior altruism. Who's to blame for that?

Kingofthenorth

Tons of grand claims without any evidence that goes against expert consensus. Research and development of drugs is generally 80% funded by tax payers and tax payers receive no benefit. You would have to prove obesity accounts for the gap in life expectancy, however it doesn’t.

Wally

Anyone notice how the UK elite run to private hospitals when they need treatment? I thought government run medicine was utopia?

Anyone notice how the UK elite run to private hospitals when they need treatment? I thought government run medicine was utopia?
The elite, no matter where they are from, always have special care. Case in point, when trump was diagnosed with COVID. He was treated like a king and never charged a Dime.