What not to do

browndevil

Not true, had a guy come in drunk and got his job back. He was a driver and is still working to this day.
We have a program in our Joint Council called T.A.P.,Teamsters Assistant Program. It has helped quite a few of our hourlies and their family members. Those that have been successful have gotten their lives back on track

Staydryitsraining

Because, depending upon the circumstances, a mutual fight is not necessarily a cardinal offense under the contract.
DUII at 3x the legal limit while on duty is a cardinal offense. No ifs, ands or buts about it.
He is gone. I hope this is the bottom he needs to hit in order to get help and recover.
He should totally loose his job no question about it.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We had a sleeper team feeder driver that got fired for this same thing last year. He got pulled over not too far out of town. Turns out he was already drunk and they found his whiskey bottle.

Seemed like a real head scratcher to us, but all addiction is. It’s a disease. And only the lucky seem to survive it.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Alcohol is a mother :censored2:. I would rarely drink on work nights cause I can’t ever have just a few. If I had the next day off you bet your ass I was getting hammered drunk.
If reporting for work with a massive hang over was against the rules I would have been fired so many times.
If reporting for work after a hard night of drinking and 3 or 4 hours sleep was against the rules I would have been fired the 1st week I worked.