What to expect @ a panel hearing? Husband terminated!!

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
That's certainly one way to approach it.

I always try the truth first. Fact that they couldn't cut a deal at his center and is about to enter the place were all contract and legal rights go to dies I just figured he'd need to throw some **** on the wall and hope enough sticks to mitigate the judgement. Considering the lying two face back stabbing bastards UPS management are I wouldn't leave anything off the table. Dishonesty is a gross misconduct charge that disqualifies you for COBRA, unemployment benefits, and you don't want to put that on an application for a job. When they accuse you of that its full scale war and no prisoners.

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

My husband was recently terminated for dishonesty. He knows what he did was wrong and stupid! ( he signed for a package.) I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for what to expect at a hearing.

Apparently what happen is you husband sign another person name and they didn't get there package..... Otherwise there wouldn't have been a problem.. This is why you don't sign anyone name. Depending on your husbands discipline history will mostly likely determine the outcome of this case...

However if he does get his job back he most likely will have a big target on him...

Bad Gas!

I hope he gets his job back.it was an honest but dishonest mistake, if that makes any sense...I saw one female driver get her job back for signing at a business last year, but center manager knew and didnt mind her doing it ahead of time to save time. center manager got moved shortly after her return to another building in Ga...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
No they received their package..they were mad about the signature

If this is going to panel I assume he already had a local level hearing? How did that go, ie, what did your husband say and what did the company say? In the majority of cases I've seen like this the driver has been terminated at the center hearing and then re-instated at the local level hearing and I'm curious as to why that didn't happen here.

Buck Fifty

Apparently what happen is you husband sign another person name and they didn't get there package..... Otherwise there wouldn't have been a problem.. This is why you don't sign anyone name. Depending on your husbands discipline history will mostly likely determine the outcome of this case...

However if he does get his job back he most likely will have a big target on him...

I'm thinking there was already a target on him. As there is nothing you can do for stupid, It would seem going to a panel for this is a message being sent. Something is missing here.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Absent of any prior discipline for the same offense, the driver will more than likely get a bite of the apple. One time.

Unless, there is more to the story. But if it was because of a customer complaint, where there was not a monetary issue....

The company is just going to "sweat" him, to set an example.

-Bug-

Damian31

Been there 12yrs, one accident last yr tier 3 under $2,000, save time for next day and thought he was doing customer a favor. (very rural area)

UPSGUY72

I sat on state panels. Did he tell the truth when he got caught and why did he do it.

He did it for the reason every other driver does it to save a little time ( be it little a minute or two if that) either having to go find someone to sign or having to go back to the stop the next day...

UPSGUY72

Been there 12yrs, one accident last yr tier 3 under $2,000, save time for next day and thought he was doing customer a favor. (very rural area)

The messed up part is that he probably went to that place almost everyday of the week... Even if he didn't he wouldn't be losing hardly anytime going back the next day.

yeldarb

There is a lady I sign for on my route. She is paralyzed, lives in a apartment,
and has a motorized wheelchair. She knows I sign for her, and so does management...but now, I am getting paranoid.

ibt

Going on the facts you gave me.The decision should be all time served suspension and return to work with a final warning.What will save him is that he didn't lie when caught.He will go before a panel of 6 half company half teamsters they will want to make sure he understands he was wrong.I sat on union side of panel

ibt

Warning don't sign for any packages.If you have a special circumstance you better get a ok from management in writing.I have seen to many of these cases don't do it you will be discharged under art 17 a and I in the central region where I'm from

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
I have one commercial stop that the receiver is never there, The receiver hold me just to sign his name, he said that's what the old driver did. I info him that do not sign for customer's to much risks . I told him to sign a piece of paper authorizing me to leave the Pkgs and I will leave them. but i don't sign the DIAD I put it in as a SDN. and type in his last name. I find this a better way than signing a custmer name in the DIAD.

Btw I also informed my on car Sup of the situation.

I