What to expect @ a panel hearing? Husband terminated!!

browned out

First thing my BA told me when I got in FT. Never do ANYTHING dishonest, and work as instructed, you can file later. ITs a different world then PT.

Yes Dishonesty will get you discharged permanently sometimes when you are part time hourly; most times when you are full time hourly, and few and far between times if you are management. If management instructs you to do something dishonest; you must work as directed. I have been instructed to DR businesses, scan air in the building at 10:25 or later and deliver it past the commit time and it would show on time, sheet businesses as closed instead of missed and much more. Dishonesty should be cut and dry. UPS should hold every employee to what UPS guidlines for ethics state. This ever increasing practice is very disturbing indeed.

Johney

The only problem wth this is when something goes wrong that manager is gonna say he didn't instruct you to do it this way.

Who do you think Labor Relations is gonna believe?
I agree with trick. If I'm instructed to do something I believe is shady I get confirmation by text only not from the DIAD. I will text said sup numerous times questioning his/her directions to confirm then if that's what they want I do it. But you can bet I have cma the entire way. Text messages can be deleted from their phone but not mine.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I agree with trick. If I'm instructed to do something I believe is shady I get confirmation by text only not from the DIAD. I will text said sup numerous times questioning his/her directions to confirm then if that's what they want I do it. But you can bet I have cma the entire way. Text messages can be deleted from their phone but not mine.

Taking a picture of the DIAD message works too.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Have them sign a few delivery notices and leave them in a place you can get them when he is not there. then you can scan them when you release them as signed delivery notice.

ActionJaxson

They will most likely want to know, why did he sign for the package and review previous deliveries to see if there is a history of losses and claims on his route.

dewey8

I cant understand why anyone would sign for a package when they have sdn on the bottom right of the diad,, signed delivery note,, type the name and then release location and thats it,, no need to sign for it but if you still feel the need to sign just make sure you sign your own name so there will be no fraud charges brought to you.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I cant understand why anyone would sign for a package when they have sdn on the bottom right of the diad,, signed delivery note,, type the name and then release location and thats it,, no need to sign for it but if you still feel the need to sign just make sure you sign your own name so there will be no fraud charges brought to you.
I hope your long term plans cover what you will be doing for income after you get fired from UPS for dishonesty.

cino321

That's just as dishonest as signing for the package. You can't pretend there is a phantom signed delivery notice on the door, especially on the first attempt. Here we have to scan the signed delivery notice and turn it in at night.

If you want to leave stuff for customers, then release it. If you can't release it, too bad.