What will happen to the express Drivers....

bacha29

When I first started, many years ago, ground has just recently moved into Canada. I remember telling a few co workers that ground would eventually absorb express. They all laughed and said Fred would never allow that, express was his baby.

They had all been with the company when the company valued its employees. Many of them are still blind to what's coming down the track
It would appear that quite a number of Express drivers think that they go over to Ground and lug ground freight and they'll still be on the payroll of Fedex. Man are they in for a surprise.

I would discourage anyone over the age of 40 or so from going over to Ground and try to move the kind of stuff they're trucking today..

After you've destroyed every joint and muscle in your body rendering yourself unemployable and you're a decade or more away from full retirement age is a terrible position to find yourself in.

Given that there's no such thing anymore as a bond of loyalty between company and employee the broader the segment of the economy you can operate and be employed in, the better it will be for you.

purpder

It would appear that quite a number of Express drivers think that they go over to Ground and lug ground freight and they'll still be on the payroll of Fedex. Man are they in for a surprise.

I would discourage anyone over the age of 40 or so from going over to Ground and try to move the kind of stuff they're trucking today..

After you've destroyed every joint and muscle in your body rendering yourself unemployable and you're a decade or more away from full retirement age is a terrible position to find yourself in.

Given that there's no such thing anymore as a bond of loyalty between company and employee the broader the segment of the economy you can operate and be employed in, the better it will be for you.
Work for Ground? I'd rather work at McDonald's

What'dyabringmetoday???

In the early 2000s I remember trying to help begin to organize FedEx express. The organizers that came from the international were talking to Xpress drivers telling them eventually FedEx Ground would swallow up their jobs. Most of them did not believe it.

Was probably a moot point, since the Railway act makes it nearly impossible.

I also remember Teamsters writing letters to the Obama administration to remove FedEx from the Railway act. We thought they would do it, we thought we had a partner. We were wrong.

Teamsters also removed themself from AFL-CIO affiliation
Teamsters- cutting edge!

Thebrownblob

I thought Hoffa was gone. I must have missed something...
He was there for 20 years. You’re really going to blame a guy who hasn’t been there a year yet? Just in my local alone since O’Brien has taken office we have organized seven new companies based on the strength of the international and it’s getting steam. We were exactly one vote away from organizing XPO.

What'dyabringmetoday???

He was there for 20 years. You’re really going to blame a guy who hasn’t been there a year yet? Just in my local alone since O’Brien has taken office we have organized seven new companies based on the strength of the international and it’s getting steam. We were exactly one vote away from organizing XPO.
Apparently you can't read. I said , "Go Sean".

Thebrownblob

Apparently you can't read. I said , "Go Sean".
1680626639268.gif