What will happen to the express Drivers....

Gone fishin

From what I’m reading on other forums , the supposedly merging stations are operating the same as always. Like we were saying , looks and sounds good to the stock holders , but reality of the merge is getting in the way. It’s too risky putting the company in contractors hands

bacha29

Doesn’t sound like he’s thought this through
Just as IWBF thinks the entire nation is one great big Boston Metro, Raj thinks the entire nation is one great big New Deli .
It won't be areas like the Boston Metro area that will cause the destruction of Raj's newest stockholder appeasement caper.
It will be snow belt rural America that will decide his fate.

Lates

From what I’m reading on other forums , the supposedly merging stations are operating the same as always. Like we were saying , looks and sounds good to the stock holders , but reality of the merge is getting in the way. It’s too risky putting the company in contractors hands
They won’t be operating the same as always people are losing their jobs in the next few months.

bacha29

You gotta be out of your mind. Well, rots of ruck with your endless supply of suitable drivers.
Hell no he hasn’t. He’s just worried about kissing the asses on Wall Street. He doesn’t care how it really works or doesn’t behind the scenes.
Raj knows that the American birthrates are clearly slowing. Won't take many years until the US is another Japan. A country full of old people.
So Raj is taking this entire looming catastrophe and dumping it onto contractors who will not have enough money to compete successfully for the diminishing supply of blue collar workers.
Sure they'll be pockets of cheap labor here and there throughout the country. Places like the depressed Boston metro area but the nation as a whole will not. And if China does as every person knowledgeable of the situation will tell you China will attempt to take Taiwan by force we'll be calling up reserves and National Guardsmen maybe even the draft making the manpower situation even more dire.

But by that time Raj will have long since cashed out his stock options packed up his golden parachute and it's "hasta la vista duckers" (Can't use the S word here)

Gone fishin

All the rural stations that are combined will eventually have a skeleton Express crew. Metro combined buildings more likely will operate the same as usual. This is just FedEx throwing 💩 at the wall to see what sticks.
Raj knows that the American birthrates are clearly slowing. Won't take many years until the US is another Japan. A country full of old people.
So Raj is taking this entire looming catastrophe and dumping it onto contractors who will not have enough money to compete successfully for the diminishing supply of blue collar workers.
Sure they'll be pockets of cheap labor here and there throughout the country. Places like the depressed Boston metro area but the nation as a whole will not. And if China does as every person knowledgeable of the situation will tell you China will attempt to take Taiwan by force we'll be calling up reserves and National Guardsmen maybe even the draft making the manpower situation even more dire.

But by that time Raj will have long since cashed out his stock options packed up his golden parachute and it's "hasta la vista duckers" (Can't use the S word here)
He has no clue how fedex runs

fdxsux

I’m sure the Ground drivers who are getting paid a flat rate for the day are going to love printing astra labels, scanning international mps in the correct order, pulling commercial invoices, and processing airbills. Oh yeah, don’t forget to put six Saturday labels on that package!

MAKAVELI

I’m sure the Ground drivers who are getting paid a flat rate for the day are going to love printing astra labels, scanning international mps in the correct order, pulling commercial invoices, and processing airbills. Oh yeah, don’t forget to put six Saturday labels on that package!
They really going to love those manual airbills, especially international.🤣

lilwizbiz

Lmao you give FedEx wayyyy too much credit. They don’t got the foresight for those stats

vantexan

Our demographics are nowhere near Japan's. And we aren't going to do anything about Taiwan.

Serf

It’s true a lot of customers tell me Ground never came to pickup their stuff. I tell them I’ll take it if it’s small enough. I hope they do think this thru thoroughly. I’d hate to be a ground guy and get 40-60 extra p2 on my truck.

yadig

There is no Express driver doing 200 stops. And even if there was, there will be 4 Ground guys for the same area, and we probably already go to the same pickup stops. I guess I just have to keep reminding you that you’re not special and this isn’t that hard. You’ll be like Bacha in no time, claiming the system is impossible to run for 10 straight years despite all evidence to the contrary.
We are gonna find out if you’re a gold, silver, or bronze contractor soon enough.😂