What would a typical day/work-week look like for combo driver (22.4)?

The Real Jack RyanMI6

2019 - residential route only in my center easy. Example - Say the 800 loop just remove the residental stops from the routes start with 8a - 8d. Shelf 6 - 8. 35 spoorh. In the areas im thinking of is easy. So Jan - Oct id have you running 350 to 400 stops per day.thats a 10 to 10.5 plan day. Your cheap at 20 per hour vs the nearly 60per hour for over time for those drivers. That means during peak the same area is required to do 1.5 times. So up to 600 stops per day.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

By the way think long and hard once you vote yes theres no going back. Drivers on that loop now average 160 stops per 9 hour day with a mix of business and residential stops. Thats pulling the seatbelt, handbreak, etc only 160 stops per day. When your a 22.4 you have no 9.5 rights. I can work you to death. Your position was created by UPS to Cut Costs. By voting yes you are giving the company permission to put 3 years of wear, fatigue, stress, & pain in one

The Real Jack RyanMI6

In other words 10 years of what i would do to you is what 30 years used to do to a UPS Driver. Look around your ctr. Any 25 or 30 year drivers how many have shoulder injuries, pain, etc... How many have had at least one knee surgery or wrist or sholder. If you vote yes that will be you in 10, 12 years at most. Remember they have 9.5 you dont, I now have 70 hours in which to work you. And i can hold volume from thursday and friday to maximize my cost savings with you on Saturday and forward what would have been Mondays volume to sunday again maximize savings you said by voting yes you only wanted 20 per hour in 2019 an only 34.16 in 2022.

You
In other words 10 years of what i would do to you is what 30 years used to do to a UPS Driver. Look around your ctr. Any 25 or 30 year drivers how many have shoulder injuries, pain, etc... How many have had at least one knee surgery or wrist or sholder. If you vote yes that will be you in 10, 12 years at most. Remember they have 9.5 you dont, I now have 70 hours in which to work you. And i can hold volume from thursday and friday to maximize my cost savings with you on Saturday and forward what would have been Mondays volume to sunday again maximize savings you said by voting yes you only wanted 20 per hour in 2019 an only 34.16 in 2022.
You can't hold back Thursday and Friday. They are guaranteed.

F

Frankie's Friend

I'm trying to get a feel for how a combo driver's day will go?
While I'm sure it will vary from center to center and weekdays vs weekends.....
What we do know:

-CD is guaranteed 5 consecutive days.
-CD is guaranteed 8 hours per day....with 90 minute unpaid break in the middle.

Could a combo driver come in say 7:30am to deliver EAM, then deliver NDA, then shuttle some incomps out to RPCD. (This could help cut the payroll by eliminating the need for air drivers.) Then take a 90 minute unpaid lunch 'til around 1pm.
Then shuttle some misloads. Then help with heavy bulk pick ups. Get back to the center around 6pm.

On Saturday...or even Sunday, the CD could go out with say 225-250 residential deliveries. This could than eliminate the need for certain routes on Mondays, so RPCD could have an extra long weekend with no pay.
20180609_172108.jpg

Here you go bro.
Vote yes.

cachmeifucan

You forgot the supervisor will be helping them and dogging out the old contract guys. Didn't they blame the last contract on bad economy now they can blame this horrible deal on.

cachmeifucan

We Don't have any pc drivers at cach a huge facility. So you think they won't bring in 22.4 to our building I'm sure somehow they will and they will say that's less that ups subcontracts and it's more full-time jobs.