What Would You Do?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In the building i'd probably keep walking as i'd think it's a trap. I remember seeing money on the ground but i was on someone's property delivering. It stayed there. Out in the public finders keepers unless it's some large sum of money.
So, it’s ok to steal a small sum of money?

If I find a $20 bill on the sidewalk it goes in to my wallet.

If I find $500 on the sidewalk to goes directly to our local police department who will wait for 30 days for someone to claim it before handing it back to me.

Boston25

I once went to the vending machine at work to find over 10 dollars in change in the machine. I turned it into management immediately. Everyone asked me why I didnt keep it

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I'll try to make this short and leave the fluff out.

Last night a driver found some money on the floor in the hub.

Another employee claimed the money was his right after the driver picked up the money.

Driver asked him how much money he dropped... Driver claimed the employee gave the wrong amount.

Driver refused to give the guy the money.

Guy who claims he dropped the money alerts security who then alerts management.

Management comes out and tells the driver if they check the cameras and it is in fact the other guys money that the driver will lose his job.

The amount of money wasn't much considering the possibility of termination.

Would you return the money even though you didn't believe it belonged to the guy claiming he dropped it or wait a day to see if you've been fired?
A few years back as a swing driver and running a different route everyday, I found ten bucks in a package car. Thought about keeping and thought eff it and gave it to my on road sup. Who gives a poop about a little money when it could have been a set-up. I can make that with one wrong turn in the country

Re-Raise

We had a night sort guy who pulled the cars into the building to be unloaded fired for stealing change from a drivers cup holder. He did it before and the driver told management. They set him up and caught him doing it again. He had probably been part-time 7 or 8 years and was trying to go full-time. He was pretty terrible as a driver and management jumped at the chance to can him.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a night sort guy who pulled the cars into the building to be unloaded fired for stealing change from a drivers cup holder. He did it before and the driver told management. They set him up and caught him doing it again. He had probably been part-time 7 or 8 years and was trying to go full-time. He was pretty terrible as a driver and management jumped at the chance to can him.

Glad I work in the BOG-----I left my iPhone clipped to my cup holder overnight and it was still there when I got to work the next morning.

Re-Raise

A driver sup left his wallet in a package car. It was found thrown out at the edge of the yard with the cash removed. He always thought it was this guy but couldn’t prove it. Probably why they pushed it so far for being loose change.

Tony Q

I'll try to make this short and leave the fluff out.

Last night a driver found some money on the floor in the hub.

Another employee claimed the money was his right after the driver picked up the money.

Driver asked him how much money he dropped... Driver claimed the employee gave the wrong amount.

Driver refused to give the guy the money.

Guy who claims he dropped the money alerts security who then alerts management.

Management comes out and tells the driver if they check the cameras and it is in fact the other guys money that the driver will lose his job.

The amount of money wasn't much considering the possibility of termination.

Would you return the money even though you didn't believe it belonged to the guy claiming he dropped it or wait a day to see if you've been fired?
I'd never take anything that I didn't come in with on my person from a UPS facility. These are words to live by.