What Would You Do?

I'll try to make this short and leave the fluff out.

Last night a driver found some money on the floor in the hub.

Another employee claimed the money was his right after the driver picked up the money.

Driver asked him how much money he dropped... Driver claimed the employee gave the wrong amount.

Driver refused to give the guy the money.

Guy who claims he dropped the money alerts security who then alerts management.

Management comes out and tells the driver if they check the cameras and it is in fact the other guys money that the driver will lose his job.

The amount of money wasn't much considering the possibility of termination.

Would you return the money even though you didn't believe it belonged to the guy claiming he dropped it or wait a day to see if you've been fired?

AlliSeeisBrown

Finders keepers losers weepers.
It was on the ground, in no-ones possession. I am personally unaware of any policy or procedure when it comes to finding money. With that being said, termination probably wouldn't stick.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
walked over a cc 500 times until I found it was a gas card. No way will I touch anything with value or bring anything valuable into this hole.

"I do not recall seeing that on the floor"

Johney

My thought's are, if you carry anything out of the building you didn't carry in or belongs to you is theft, would it stick? Not likely, but do I want to be out testing the procedure? Nope.

john chesney

I'll try to make this short and leave the fluff out.

Last night a driver found some money on the floor in the hub.

Another employee claimed the money was his right after the driver picked up the money.

Driver asked him how much money he dropped... Driver claimed the employee gave the wrong amount.

Driver refused to give the guy the money.

Guy who claims he dropped the money alerts security who then alerts management.

Management comes out and tells the driver if they check the cameras and it is in fact the other guys money that the driver will lose his job.

The amount of money wasn't much considering the possibility of termination.

Would you return the money even though you didn't believe it belonged to the guy claiming he dropped it or wait a day to see if you've been fired?
Turn into management let them deal with it

PT Car Washer

Finders keepers losers weepers.
It was on the ground, in no-ones possession. I am personally unaware of any policy or procedure when it comes to finding money. With that being said, termination probably wouldn't stick.
How about the people that find a package sitting on someones front porch? Or the hallway of an apartment building? If it is not your's, don't take it. Called stealing.

ManInBrown

Never pick up anything. There’s a 20 dollar bill sitting in my truck for the last 3 months in the diad holder. It’s not mine. It’s still sitting there. Another driver who covered my route probably dropped it or left it there. It’ll still be sitting there a year from now.

oldngray

nowhere special
@rod likes to drive around parking lots.

amusing_28.jpg