Whats more important to UPS: SPORH or UNDER/OVER

deleted9

Ok check this out.....the ONLY way to accurately determine SPORH and allowances would be to physically measure EACH AND EVERY STOP and each route would have to go out with the same exact stops EVERY day. Without doing that its all meaningless. We get paid by the hour. Not by the stops per hour, over/under, or any other BS metric they can come up with. Clocking in and working safe and by the methods then clocking out is the only sure thing.

Yes you get paid by the hour, but you are expected to perform at a certain level everyday and one of those measures is SPORH.

deleted9

Have you?

Unfortunately for them i was one of the Mgrs that terminated a few for poor performance. And anybody who thinks taking away a persons livelihood is fun or easy, you are sadly mistaken, and i always wondered why those people put me in that position where i had to terminate them.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Unfortunately for them i was one of the Mgrs that terminated a few for poor performance. And anybody who thinks taking away a persons livelihood is fun or easy, you are sadly mistaken, and i always wondered why those people put me in that position where i had to terminate them.
Are you telling me you fired someone solely for not maintaining a specific SPORH?

tracker2762

You didn't say you fired them for SPORH, you fired them for poor performance. They are not the same thing.
Poor performance could include a whole lot of issues besides sporh.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would think that these people put themselves in that position. We all know is expected of us and it is our responsiblity to do our best to meet those expectations on a daily basis. We also know that there are days when the packages seem to fall off the car and then there are days where we have to push them off. A good manager will recognize this and take this in to consideration.

thessalonian13

It would be great to hear both hourly and management views on this issue. In a bonus center are Stops Per Hour or Under/Over more important to UPS's management on how to gage a drivers performance. In my opinion the stops per hour are more factional versus over/under which are more fictional. Which one truthfully gages the profitability of the driver?
I don't care about either..... I do my route as safely and efficiently as possible every day.... Sometimes I get 100 stops + my pickups done by 615pm and other times I get 85 stops + my pickups by 8 pm....

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Believe me they care, i guess my question to you would be if you were the boss would you hire yourself?

You are spinning out of control now.

Take a deep breathe and face reality- no one has been terminated solely for SPORH, and no one has lost their jobs (termination "stuck) soley to SPORH.

Your argument changed from one thing to another. I'm guessing that despite being retired, you still have your wrinkled up fingers on some stock. If you had no dog in the fight, you would not be spinning posts regarding production of drivers and the false numbers and equations attached to it.

Would I hire myself ? is the ultimate management spin. UPS hired me as-is just like everyone else. I would not hire myself at 32, but I would hire myself at 22 WHEN I WAS HIRED. After 10 years and millions of pounds of packages, my body and attitude is not the same as it was and will not improve any.

If UPS wanted to buy me out, they could buy me out. I'm sure quite a few people would take even a modest buyout offer. However, that ain't happening, so take me as I am -it is what it is.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Show me an upheld termination for failure to maintain a certified SPORH. I have yet to see one.

They are as rare as "hen's teeth" but I know of 2 that stuck.
It took extreme amount of management time and these two people were running 2 hours or more hours by themselves than when the supe rode with them and it was only after 2 or more terminations.
As I remember, it involved video evidence as well, so not a clear-cut case of production only.
These were in Georgia district before all the technology measurement systems were in place. Might be easier now if telemetrics identifies where the excess time is occurring.

In my opinion, there are other ways to terminate someone that is having production issues. These type of people generally don't have it together and they do many other things wrong that can be leveraged.

deleted9

They are as rare as "hen's teeth" but I know of 2 that stuck.
It took extreme amount of management time and these two people were running 2 hours or more hours by themselves than when the supe rode with them and it was only after 2 or more terminations.
As I remember, it involved video evidence as well, so not a clear-cut case of production only.
These were in Georgia district before all the technology measurement systems were in place. Might be easier now if telemetrics identifies where the excess time is occurring.

In my opinion, there are other ways to terminate someone that is having production issues. These type of people generally don't have it together and they do many other things wrong that can be leveraged.

We have a BINGO !!!