Whats more important to UPS: SPORH or UNDER/OVER

bigblu 2 you

Sounds good have you talked to any of the people who were terminated for not maintaining their SPORH.
no and i have yet to spot a sasquatch on area either.if this happened to anyone i know i would advise them to take their CONTRACT AGREEMENT to a labor based lawyer.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We have a BINGO !!!

What Hoax said has nothing to do with a direct SPORH termination. First Hoax said one of the employees was already fired multiple times. Then said there was possible video evidence. Neither sound as though they are firmly based upon what you were talking about.

Bingo as in, you fail.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/production-termination-212155/

You can argue there are contributing factors, but here is one

Seems to me 804 set him up to fail on that one. Remember that steward was running on a slate.

Also, keep in mind the stewards duties will arise during the day and management is, by contract ,supposed to allow a reasonable amount of time for union steward duties. It seems he was genuinely setup by both union and management.

deleted9

What Hoax said has nothing to do with a direct SPORH termination. First Hoax said one of the employees was already fired multiple times. Then said there was possible video evidence. Neither sound as though they are firmly based upon what you were talking about.

Bingo as in, you fail.

Read post #45, i guess i didn"t fail

deleted9

Seems to me 804 set him up to fail on that one. Remember that steward was running on a slate.

Also, keep in mind the stewards duties will arise during the day and management is, by contract ,supposed to allow a reasonable amount of time for union steward duties. It seems he was genuinely setup by both union and management.

With all due respect....... you seem to blame everything on everybody else....... the unions fault, the companies fault...... how about it was the drivers fault......... rolled the dice and lost instead of maintaining.

deleted9

There were alot of contributing factors, and an attitude of untouchableness the way i understand it.

Read some of the posts........ it sounds like a number of people on here feel they are untouchable........ just remember an arbitration or panel can go either way...... if you feel you want to put your livelihood in someone else hand, good luck to you.

katana

Amen, Captain Kirk. UPS does not know what it is doing, allowances are lies, if this is not obvious to you you are a fool. Wake up!

MethodsMan

This is incorrect according to our building manager. BM claims that SPORH is a fluxuating metric and it is NOT just a simple equation of how many stops you did between your gate to gate punch. However, there are rumors circulating as of late that the company has begun terminating drivers for failure to maintain best demonstrated SPORH. The rumors that have been circulating here for about 2 months are that UPS has won several termination arbitrations for SPORH related terminations. Of course I can't believe it since the art of half-truth and deception is a prerequisite for management. Anyone witness these terminations in their local???

Sounds like BS. Way too many variables involved.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Amen, Captain Kirk. UPS does not know what it is doing, allowances are lies, if this is not obvious to you you are a fool. Wake up!

mr+t_fool.jpg
mr+t_fool.jpg

I will be fired soon. They will get me on production +.80, a couple back first exceptions, one bulk head door occurrence. One observation of my mirror not tucked in, and maybe an observation of not grabbing the hand rail, taking a designated walk path. They will fire me for failure to work as instructed.

brownrod

I remember one time as a cover driver I ran paid under yep paid under great day right?

Nope the next day I was told how bad my SORPH was, yep that is right I beat the plan and I still sucked, amazing. I was about 18 months in then, it was about that point I really began to understand UPS didnt really know what it was doing and I gave up on numbers.

When I was about 2 months in as a driver I did my route and punched out immediately after I finished pickups and came back to the center. 8.5 hour day with my last daily pickup at 17:30. I was about 16.5 SPORH. The next day my supervisor told me I needed to bump that up to 18 SPORH... Does he even UPS deliver??? They don't know anything. Just ignore them.

katana

What do we get? Money. What do we endure? Hell. The supervisors and managers I deal with are without intelligence or integrity. They do as they are told to do and say what they are told to say. The corporate strategy is to hire youngsters, work them hard for a few years, and then dispose of them. 50 year old drivers are a liability the company does not want. To be fired from UPS is not the worst state of affairs: these are not honorable men. This is not an honorable company. I think you could do better elsewhere.
My personal feeling is that this UPS has discarded the employee in favor of the shareholder. I believe that this will not serve them: the employee is the contact with the customer and our customers continue to turn against us. Corporate is ignoring this essential interface. SPORH and production numbers are obviously imbecilic: if you don't understand this, you are a manager that doesn't work. Think about the future, think for yourself!

OPTION3

I will be fired soon. They will get me on production +.80, a couple back first exceptions, one bulk head door occurrence. One observation of my mirror not tucked in, and maybe an observation of not grabbing the hand rail, taking a designated walk path. They will fire me for failure to work as instructed.
Mirror not tucked in? What the HELL is that? The last time an on road told me to tuck in the mirror...I asked him how was I going to see what was coming to UNTUCK the mirror...stick my head out the door?....Foolish if he wants you to tuck in the mirror get out of the car on the passngr side......walk around the vehicle when safe and untuck the mirror....EVERY TIME....CHA-CHING